My favorite tactic

alright, here it goes. In my last duel I had this in my first hand...

Draning Shield

Bigbang Shot

Final Attack Orders (I'm now thinking about this card)

Decoy Dragon

Dragon's Rage

Foolish Burial

...This is what I did.

1: Use foolish burial to put my DarkBlaze Dragon into my Graveyard

2: Put Final Attack Orders, Draining Shield, and Dragon's Rage facedown

3: Put Decoy Dragon in defence position. and end turn

my opponent just put 1 card in defence position, (I activated Final Attack Orders so it automatically switched to Attack Mode [luckily it was only a mystical elf]) so he decided to attack with it. my Decoy dragon flips face-up and activates it's effect, I get Darkblaze dragon from my graveyard and his attack is forced to Darkblaze, Darkblaze's effect activates so he gains 1200 more Atk (so he's at 2400.) Mystical elf destroyed he loses 1600, +800 more because of Darkblaze's effect so a total of 2400. he's at 5600. my turn comes. I draw another foolish burial (thinking about not having 2 of them) use it to get Tyrant Dragon into my Graveyard. equipped Darkblaze with Bigbang shot so he gains another 400 atk plus a peircing effect(he gets to 2800) attk directly he now has 2800. I end my turn. he is forced to summon his Dark-Blade (he had a really crappy hand, no effect monsters I learned) he thinks it's safe to attack my Decoy Dragon (I swear this kid was a dumb***) decoy dragon's effect activates, I get Tyrant Dragon from the graveyard (but I had to sacrifice Decoy) and his monster is forced to attack my Tyrant. Dark-Blade destroyed, he loses 1100 so he's at 1700. he can't do anything so he ends turn, I draw a Trade-In, but I just skip to my battle phase and finish him off, I win....it was easy as hell. Do I seriously need to gloat about this...NO....but I'm telling you this to watch out for those noobs, I don't know how the kid got into the semi-finals...but I completely dominated him, I was prepared to face-someone skilled, but not someone who just got lucky.

actually Decoy's effect activates when it's attacked it deosn't matter if it's in F/D, and Final Attack Orders forces his monsters into attack position, and I just had Dragon's rage in my hand, I know I didn't need for what I planned, same with shield. my opponent was just stupid enough to attack my decoy.

EDIT: also, I was playing at a tournament, so if I broke any rules I woiuldn't have won and moved to the finals. which I did win and move to finals were I faced a Cyber Dragon Deck, like always.

actually Decoy's effect activates when it's attacked it deosn't matter if it's in F/D' date=' and Final Attack Orders forces his monsters into attack position, and I just had Dragon's rage in my hand, I know I didn't need for what I planned, same with shield. my opponent was just stupid enough to attack my decoy.

EDIT: also, I was playing at a tournament, so if I broke any rules I woiuldn't have won and moved to the finals. which I did win and move to finals were I faced a Cyber Dragon Deck, like always.

[/quote']

yeah its effect actiavtes when the attack is declared and a F/D monster cannot actiavte its effect

"Decoy Dragon" must be face-up at the time it is declared as the target of your opponent's attacking monster or its effect will not activate.

official ruling

Archived