Tips for clearer printed Yugioh cards

daoro

Question

Hello everyone!

Be gentle, but I have a question regarding aspects of printing cards off. You see, I would like to use this site to print off decent looking proxy cards to help test, build and plan decks either with cards not being released for a while, or to learn how to play against etc. Now when I save my yugioh card from yugioh card maker, I have trouble getting it to print in high quality, the image comes out slightly blurry and the writing is often unreadable, which causes problems when people I play want to see its errata. I was wondering, does anyone else print them off and what tips do they have. Believe me when I say I have spent hours scrawling through innumerous posts about printing cards, yet I havent found any which give indepth insight into printing in really good visible quality. I'll explain my steps as to how I do it at the moment.

1) Generate a yugioh card on yugioh card maker with everything completed (name, effect etc)
2) Right click the large image of the card, save image as > Jpeg (cant change this)
3) Open photoshop, open saved image > resize to standard yugioh dimensions. Its around this time the writing becomes illegible.
4) Save as.
5) Open new A4 sheet, Place image of saved card > Print in highest quality.

It seems it loses its quality when its resized, is there anyway around this?

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Ive got it and just figured it out after messing around with it for about 3 hours, so this is for anyone who has suffered blurry text/images when printing. Instead of saving the image to open in photoshop, simply drag and drop it from yugioh card maker onto a "new" A4 sized page. Then adjust size from there

When resizing the image, there should be a dropdown menu at the bottom (on Photoshop) which lists things such as nearest neighbour, bilinear etc. I chose "Bicubic Sharper" as its the best for reducing the image size. Also, increase the pixel per inch resolution to 300 as this will prevent it blurring when reduced. Finally, when printing, print onto gloss paper instead of regular, as I found regular paper smudged and blurred on its own anyway.

There, I couldn't find that on this site anywhere, now that I think about it, increasing the resolution does seem blatantly obvious, yet I seemed to have overlooked it for the past 3 days. Nevertheless, anyone who may have had this trouble in the past and been unsure about what to do, just follow the above and you will be fine, if you dont have Photoshop however, then hopefully someone with your software can help. I cant imagine the process will be too different anyway.

Thanks.

Archived