Reverse Monsters

My contributions:

Leviathan of Clouds - Reverse Daedalus
WATER/2/Sea Serpent/Reverse
When Advance Summoning a WATER monster, you can treat this 1 monster as 2 Tributes. If this card is Tributed for an Advance Summon, and is also Reverse Summoned, you can Add 1 Field Spell Card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.
400/500

Vengeful Stalker
DARK/4/Fiend/Reverse
This card cannot be Tributed for an Advance Summon other than "Swordstalker." When this card is Reverse Summoned, it gains the following effects: Increase this card's ATK and DEF by 200 for each monster in both player's Graveyard. When this card destroys a monster by battle, increase this card's ATK by 100 for each of that monster's levels and remove that monster from play. If this card would be destroyed, remove from play all monsters in your Graveyard instead.
1000/400
  • 3 weeks later...
From what I can tell, all your cards you made so far can just simply have as their trigger "When/If this card is Reverse Summoned". If it is a Game Mechanic, then the process of how to Reverse Summon should be in the game rules, and therefore would not have to be printed on the card itself, so the "If this card is used for a Tribute Summon" part is redundant and you would only need to say "When/If this card is Reverse Summoned".

In regards to your question with "If you Tribute Summon Caius, then use it for a Reverse Summon, do you still get the effect?" There are some things to point out about your mechanic (which is just reiterating how a Reverse Summon is performed, based on my understanding)

1) To Reverse Summon, you must perform a Tribute Summon with the Reverse Summoned monster, where logically it would be sent to the Graveyard (since it doesn't say in your rulings, I would assume a Removed from Play Reverse Monster (such as if Macro Cosmos is on the field) cannot be Reverse Summoned).
2) The Tribute Summon must be Successful. Then immediately, you can Reverse Summon the Reverse Monster from the Graveyard by sending the Tribute Summoned monster to the Graveyard.

Now the problem here is, you will miss the timing to Reverse Summon if an effect activates where you should be Reverse Summoning.

For example: If you Tribute Summon Caius, when it is Successfully Tribute Summoned, Caius' effect would immediately activate. You would miss the timing to Reverse Summon a monster because the opportunity is interrupted by Caius' effect activating at this time. After Caius resolves, it would be too late to Reverse Summon then.

Then again, this is your custom card idea, so I guess you could use any rules you wanted, but when merging your idea with current Yugioh rulings, I could see that as how it would be ruled.
[quote name='darkwolf777' timestamp='1302629192' post='5133318']
From what I can tell, all your cards you made so far can just simply have as their trigger "When/If this card is Reverse Summoned". If it is a Game Mechanic, then the process of how to Reverse Summon should be in the game rules, and therefore would not have to be printed on the card itself, so the "If this card is used for a Tribute Summon" part is redundant.

In regards to your question with "If you Tribute Summon Caius, then use it for a Reverse Summon, do you still get the effect?" There are some things to point out:

1) To Reverse Summon, you must perform a Tribute Summon with the Reverse Summoned monster, where logically it would be sent to the Graveyard (since it doesn't say in your rulings, I would assume a Removed from Play Reverse Monster (such as if Macro Cosmos is on the field) cannot be Reverse Summoned).
2) The Tribute Summon must be Successful. Then immediately, you can Reverse Summon the Reverse Monster from the Graveyard by sending the Reverse Monster to the Graveyard.

Now the problem here is, you will miss the timing to Reverse Summon if an effect activates where you should be Reverse Summoning.

For example: If you Tribute Summon Caius, when it is Successfully Tribute Summoned, Caius' effect would immediately activate. You would miss the timing to Reverse Summon a monster because the opportunity is interrupted by Caius' effect activating at this time. After Caius resolves, it would be too late to Reverse Summon then.

Then again, this is your custom card idea, so I guess you could use any rules you wanted, but when merging your idea with current Yugioh rulings, I could see that as how it would be ruled.
[/quote]

I see.
Another thing to point out is that anything can interrupt a Reverse Summon if any card effect is activated.

When a Tribute Summon is successful, card effects can be activated at that time in response to the Successful Summon (and it doesn't have to just be stuff like Bottomless or Torrential, it can be useless things unrelated, like Gravity Bind, etc). You do not have priority to perform a Reverse Summon because Special Summons do not have a Spell Speed. If you pass priority to activate a card effect, your opponent can activate one in response to the Tribute Summon. If they activate ANYTHING, no matter what it does, then you would lose the opportunity to Reverse Summon.

Basically, to perform your Reverse Summon, the last thing to happen must be the successful Tribute Summon and NOTHING ELSE. If anything happens, whether automatically triggered, or manually activated by a player if its Spell Speed 2, the Reverse Summon timing is missed.

Sorry, I'm not trying to put down your idea or anything by saying these things, but I just think that's how it would end up.

[b]You could change the rules by saying "A Reverse Summon is performed after the Tribute Summon is successful, but before any effects that would activate in response to the Tribute Summon activate." and I guess that could work, since it would be a ruling as to how Reverse Summons work, which surpasses anything and everything else. In which case, once the Reverse Summon is successful, Caius' Effect activates and your Reverse Summoned monster's effect (if it has one, as several of yours do) activates as Chain Link #1 and Chain Link #2[/b] Optional Trigger Effects of the Tribute Summoned monster (such as Mobius The Frost Monarch) would miss the timing. Whether or not Continuous Effects of your "Tribute Summoned" monster go into effect for that moment before it is removed from the field for the Reverse Summon would be up to you I guess.
[quote name='darkwolf777' timestamp='1302629977' post='5133335']
Basically, to perform your Reverse Summon, the last thing to happen must be the successful Tribute Summon and NOTHING ELSE.

Sorry, I'm not trying to put down your idea or anything by saying these things, but I just think that's how it would end up.

[b]"A Reverse Summon is performed after the Tribute Summon is successful, but before any effects that would activate in response to the Tribute Summon activate." and I guess that could work, since it would be a ruling as to how Reverse Summons work, which surpasses anything and everything else. In which case, once the Reverse Summon is successful, Caius' Effect activates and your Reverse Summoned monster's effect (if it has one, as several of yours do) activates as Chain Link #1 and Chain Link #2[/b].
[/quote]

I'll put that bolded text up ASAP.

Hopefully there is someone that can illustrate these cards, or at least some of these so they can be submitted to any of the CCGs.
[quote name='Psychic Almighty' timestamp='1302707753' post='5135416']
[img]http://img858.imageshack.us/img858/1091/299673w.jpg[/img]

Any good?
[/quote]

Not bad at all! Tell you what, if you're able to do a few more then I'm certain some points will be coming your way.

And I'll give credit to you when I put them in Realistic Cards.
[quote name='BlindMonkey' timestamp='1303550899' post='5161332']
An interesting mechanic indeed. Since I have no questions whatsoever, I just came here to see if you like this representation of a Reverse Monster:
[center][img]http://i54.tinypic.com/zn0n5i.jpg[/img][/center]
[/quote]
[b]MOAR!![/b]

These cards are getting better. Hopefully when there's more, this will get into the Realistic Cards section.
my friend judedudemude made a reverse / reverser set but it was done slightly different form this ...

but i sort like the idea seems op'ed in a way

quick question if i have a reverse monster monster on the field (that i allready reverse summon) (by your rules/standards of course)

can i reverse summon a reverse monster using the one on the field as my offering for the new reverse summoning ???

because that would make this very op'ed

(ex i have aniect gear golem)

then i reverse summon a reverse monster

(now that reverse monster have 3000 atk boost with AGG peircing damage effect)

then i reverse summon a new reverse monster

(now that monster will get the above 3000 ATK and AGG peircing damage as effect well)
[quote name='Herman The German' timestamp='1303595808' post='5162624']
my friend judedudemude made a reverse / reverser set but it was done slightly different form this ...

but i sort like the idea seems op'ed in a way

quick question if i have a reverse monster monster on the field (that i allready reverse summon) (by your rules/standards of course)

can i reverse summon a reverse monster using the one on the field as my offering for the new reverse summoning ???

because that would make this very op'ed

(ex i have aniect gear golem)

then i reverse summon a reverse monster

(now that reverse monster have 3000 atk boost with AGG peircing damage effect)

then i reverse summon a new reverse monster

(now that monster will get the above 3000 ATK and AGG peircing damage as effect well)
[/quote]

I think you mean "what if you use 2 or more Reverse monsters for Tribute Summon?"

To answer your question, if I use 2 or more Reverse monsters to summon your aforementioned AGG, I can only summon 1 of those monsters back.
  • 10 months later...

This idea seems so awesome, I just had to come up with some support. Thinking outside of the box support no less. Enjoy!

Name: Oppressor's Shield
Card Type: Normal Trap
Effect: If a monster you control that was tribute summoned by tributing 1 or more Reverse monsters would be destroyed by your opponent's card (either by effect or battle), it is not destroyed, and the card that would have destroyed it is banished.

Name: Oppressor's Blade
Card Type: Equip Spell
Effect: Can only be equipped to a monster you control that was tribute summoned by tributing 1 or more Reverse monsters. The equipped monster gains 300 ATK for each Reverse monster in your graveyard. The equipped monster's effect cannot be negated.

Name: Oppressor's Disguise
Card Type: Equip Spell
Effect: Can only be equipped to a monster you control that was tribute summoned by tributing 1 or more Reverse monsters. While you control monsters other than the equipped monster, the equipped monster cannot be selected as an attack target. Once per turn you can banish 1 Reverse monster and 1 other monster from your hand or graveyard; the equipped monster's name becomes the name of one of the sent monsters (you choose).

Name: Oppressor's Sacrifice
Card Type: Counter Trap
Effect: You can tribute 1 monster you control that was tribute summoned by tributing 1 or more Reverse monsters. Then both players take damage equal to the tributed monster's ATK, and all other monsters on the field with an ATK lower than or equal to the tamage you took are destroyed. You can then special summon Reverse monsters from your graveyard whose total levels are less than the level of the tributed monster.

EDIT: Of course, this is all assuming that a Reverse Summon is optional. If not, then it's useless.

Archived