(WIP) Structure Deck 21: Archfiend's Edict

While the archlords of the sanctuary in the sky protect the world from the forces of darkness their ultimate adversaries, the vile Archfiends of Pandemonium spread their dark influence throughout the world. The first and ultimate villains of the monster world you can now command the greatest and oldest force of evil the monster world has ever seen with this new deck! This 40 card deck is based around the "chess" archfiends and features 5 powerful new cards to boost the effectiveness of this classic archetype including a powerful and tricky new leader of the Archfiends, the Archfiend Chessmaster! Embrace the unholy fires of Pandemonium and fill the world with darkness with this new deck!

Cover Card: "Archfiend Chessmaster- Dark Master"

Deck List:
(Cards marked with a * symbol are new/exclusive cards)

Monsters:

1x Archfiend Chessmaster- Dark Master (Ultra Rare)*
1x Imprisonedqueen Archfiend
1x Archfiend of Gilfer
1x Skull Archfiend of Lightening
1x Mist Archfiend
2x Archfiend General
2x Terrorking Archfiend
2x Infernalqueen Archfiend
2x Desrook Archfiend
1x Darkbishop Archfiend
2x Shadowknight Archfiend
1x Vilepawn Archfiend
1x Archfiend Heart of Immortality (Super Rare)*

Spells:

1x Nightmare Underworld- Pandemonium (Super Rare)*
2x Pandemonium
1x Archfiend's Bargain*
1x Falling Down
1x Checkmate
1x Axe of Despair
1x Field Barrier
2x Terraforming
1x Pot of Duality
1x Foolish Burial
1x Giant Trunade
1x Dark Hole

Traps:

1x Terrorking's Tyranny*
1x Battle-Scarred
1x Archfiend's Roar
1x Royal Oppression
1x Call of the Haunted
1x Torrential Tribute
2x Dark Bribe

New Cards:
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Archfiend Chessmaster- Dark Master (OCG Name: Demon Chessmaster- Dark Master)

Lv: 12

Attribute: Dark

Type: Fiend/Effect

This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card can only be special summoned by it's own effect. You can special summon this card from your hand or graveyard by paying 1000 life points when an "Archfiend" monster you control is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the graveyard while you have a face up "Pandemonium" in play. This card cannot be destroyed as a result of battle or by a card effect. You take no battle damage from battle involving this monster. Once-per turn you may gain control of one monster card on your opponent's side of the field and put it underneath this card. All monsters that you gain control of in this way are considered to have "Archfiend" in their names as long as they are under your control and take up monster spaces as if they where monsters you had summoned. At the start of each turn you can chose a single monster underneath this card. This monster gains any number of that monster's effects that you chose in addition to any effects this monster already has until the end of the turn. On each of your turns, you may special summon one monster underneath this card to your side of the field under your control, regardless of it's summoning conditions.(This includes monsters that must normally be summoned from the extra deck.)

Atk/0 Def/0
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Archfiend Heart of Immortality (OCG Name: Demon Heart of Undeath)

Lv: 1

Attribute: Dark

Type: Fiend/Effect

This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card can only be special summoned by it's own effect. When a face up "Pandemonium" you control is destroyed, you can special summon this card from your hand, deck, graveyard or removed from play zone. This card cannot be destroyed by the effects of spell, trap and monster cards. This monster cannot be the target of an attack as long as you control at least 1 other face-up "Archfiend" monster except this card. All other "Archfiend" monsters you control cannot be destroyed as a result of battle while this card remains face-up on the field. As long as this card remains in play, you cannot lose the duel for having 0 or less life points.

Atk/0 Def/0

Nightmare Underworld- Pandemonium (OCG Name: Nightmare Hell- Pandemonium)

Field Spell

This card's name is treated as "Pandemonium" at all times. The turn you play this card you skip your battle phase. As long as this card remains face up on the field you do not have to pay the Life point cost of "Archfiend" monsters you control. In addition, as long as the only monsters in your graveyard have "Archfiend" in their name, "Archfiend" monsters you control cannot be destroyed as a result of battle. When an archfiend monster you control is destroyed except as a result of battle you can add 1 "Archfiend" monster with a level lower then the one destroyed to your hand. Shuffle your deck after using this effect.

Archfiend's Bargain (OCG Name: Demon's Bargain)

Normal Spell

Discard 1 "Archfiend" monster from your hand. Draw 2 Cards. If you have no "Archfiend" monsters in your hand to discard you discard your entire hand instead.

Terrorking's Tyranny (OCG Name: Genocide King's Tyranny)

Continuous Trap

You can only activate this trap by discarding a card while you control a face-up "Archfiend" monster. As long as this card remains on the field, neither player can special summon monsters from their extra decks and all players cannot special summon monsters that do not have "Archfiend" in their names. If you control no monsters with "Archfiend" in their names, destroy this card.

(Notes: This is VERY MUCH a work in progress, just so you know...and I AM looking for help with it. I know that some of these cards are most likely horridly broken. Most cards I makr are either overpowered or underpowered when I first make them hence why I post asking for help with them. Wondering what the idea behind this was? Well, when the Lost Sanctuary deck came out I was hoping and praying for the next deck to be Archfiends. They are a seriously cool archetype that sadly gets no support from Konami and I was hopping a proper archfiend structure would give them some support. Lo and behold the structure after lost sanctuary turns out to be a DARK WORLD deck....Now I do love Dark world, but I feel Dark World was the wrong choice here because they have already gotten significant indirect support from the release of the "fabled" cards and an the perfect logical follow-up to an Archlord deck, an Archfiend deck would give support to an archtype that REALLY needs it rather then one that could use it but is already fairly good.(Dark World.) So, I decided I would make the deck that SHOULD have been the 21st structure instead of the deck that actually is.

Also, as for some of the deck choices? Well...I tried to keep it close to the structure format of lots of 1-offs but this deck I will admit has more 2-ofs then most structures. Oh, also Pot of Duality was added as a "business move." One surefire way to sell a deck based on an archetype that otherwise has a very small following is to stick a really pricey and sought after card in it. I mean, the Marik deck wouldn't have sold as well as it did without the Mirror Force, so here, I am applying the same "business logic" as making this thing sell would also introduce more people to Archfiends, which is always a good thing. Oh, and also...the Archfiend Chessmaster is my attempt at a LEGAL version of a VERY BROKEN card used by an old RP character of mine which was a card of, well, himself...(seeing as he was an evil duel spirit type being.)...so yeah...these cards are most likely broken or underpowered..so please, if you have fixes for the new/exclusive cards please tell me what they are.)
[quote name='TCG warrior' timestamp='1299692940' post='5062637']
structure deck 21 is going to have support to the dark world archtype, not the archfiend archtype. That is all I wanted to say.
[/quote]

I know and I stated that in the notes section. This is a "what-if" deck for a reason. I know the next deck won't be archfiends, so I made this out of wanting to create what I wanted to happen, not what has.(As while I like Dark World Archfiends should have gotten the deck since they need new support FAR more then Dark World(which has gotten quite a boost from the fabled cards, especially fabled raven.) dose. Oh..and Archfiends make far more sense flavor/fluff/story as a squeal to Archlords though I'm most likely one of the few people on the planet who actually cares about the story told through the cards.)

EDIT: I forgot to add a part of DM's effect. The monsters he steals take up monster card spaces so at max he can have 4 under him at any time. That WAS originally part of his effect, I just forgot to add it. I edited the first post to include that part of his effect.

Archived