Summoning Sword - XTG

Flare909

[img]http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/4513/61540.jpg[/img]
Lore: This Spell's Effect can only be used once per Duel. If this Spell is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, the equipped monster is removed from play. This Spell cannot be equipped to any monster except when you Special Summon a Level 4 Monster to your field, Select this Spell from your Deck/Hand and Equip it to the Level 4 Monster, then shuffle your Deck. When the equipped Level 4 monster is removed from play, you can Special Summon a Level 8 monster from your Deck to your field and equip this spell to it. When the Level 8 monster is sent back to your Deck/Hand, Special Summon a monster from your Graveyard to your field and equip this spell to it.

I think this is the complete version of this card.

Here is what I think it shold look like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[img]http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/5030/324999p.jpg[/img]
This means that when the Level 4 monster is destroyed you Special Summon a Level 8, but "Summoning Sword" is not sent to the graveyard, it is removed from play instead.

hmm, this card contradicts itself a bit

when the monster it is equipped to is destroyed, the spell card is destroyed too, so you would get a level four monster and then a level 8 monster too

also, you equip the spell to the monster, not the other way round
wither you need to rethink the card or do some major ocg work, because it seems to be able to keep reusing itself over and over.

[quote name='darkben' timestamp='1300212262' post='5075242']

when the monster it is equipped to is destroyed, the spell card is destroyed too, so you would get a level four monster and then a level 8 monster too

wither you need to rethink the card or do some major ocg work, because it seems to be able to keep reusing itself over and over.
[/quote]
thanks for feed back, was trying to make a cool unique effect like that philospher stone card that jaden used to beat the sacared beasts.

[quote name='darkben' timestamp='1300212262' post='5075242']

[/quote]

I have changed the card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='KardGame' timestamp='1300213680' post='5075280']
I have changed the card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

I guess it could work
doesn't have any effect in short term though, ie the monster you originally equip it to gains nothing
also its still a bit confusing in that different monsters are summoned at different times, I;m having trouble getting my head round it, the way I see it is that it still summons two monsters, one lvl 4 and one lvl 8

Aww... I thought, from the name it woud be a cool Tech Genus card. Oh well...
Maybe it should read more like this: "If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, the equipped monster is then removed from play. When you Special Summon a Level 4 Monster to your field, you can equip this card from your Deck to it, then shuffle your Deck. When the equipped monster is removed from play, you can Special Summon a Level 8 monster from your Deck to your field and equip this spell to it. When a Level 8 monster is returned to your hand or Deck, Special Summon a monster from your hand to your field and equip this spell to it."

But that's a bit too powerful. Having cards activate themselves from your Deck is a little tough, and equip cards have enough searchability as it is to make this effect unnecessary. Maybe replace "Deck" with "Graveyard" in that case.
Also, the effect "When the equipped monster is removed from play" part is kinda cool, but pretty situational - I can only think of Dimensional Prison being where this would work, as a monster removed from play by this card's own effect won't work that way (it's no longer equipped when the monster is removed this way), and if something like Macro Cosmos is in play it won't work either, because this card would be removed from play too (so it can't equip from from the Graveyard). In THAT sense, this card would be really good, BUT searching ANY LV8 monster is pretty harsh. Maybe if it searched out a LV8 monster that shared something with the formerly equipped monster, like Attribute or Type (or both), or maybe even make it be Normal support?

[quote name='darkben' timestamp='1300214000' post='5075294']
I guess it could work
doesn't have any effect in short term though, ie the monster you originally equip it to gains nothing
also its still a bit confusing in that different monsters are summoned at different times, I;m having trouble getting my head round it, the way I see it is that it still summons two monsters, one lvl 4 and one lvl 8
[/quote]
the idea is that this card only works when u summon a level 4 monster, however it is a bit too op becuz u get to summon a level 8 monster straight out the hat, i am gonna change it to level 6. So u have ur level 6 monster on the field if it is returned to deck/hand, then u get to summon a card from ur hand. thats the effect

[quote name='darkben' timestamp='1300214000' post='5075294'] I guess it could work doesn't have any effect in short term though, ie the monster you originally equip it to gains nothing also its still a bit confusing in that different monsters are summoned at different times, I;m having trouble getting my head round it, the way I see it is that it still summons two monsters, one lvl 4 and one lvl 8 [/quote] Its supposed to summon a level 8 monster but I has to have a drawback like waiting while it is equipped to a monster that is a Level 4.

[quote name='KardGame' timestamp='1300214259' post='5075312']
Its supposed to summon a level 8 monster but I has to have a drawback like waiting while it is equipped to a monster that is a Level 4.
[/quote]
dude the drawback is that u have to SPECIAL SUMMON the level 4 monster

[quote name='Flare909' timestamp='1300214419' post='5075318']
dude the drawback is that u have to SPECIAL SUMMON the level 4 monster
[/quote]
just updated the card

[quote name='darkben' timestamp='1300214393' post='5075317']
meh, i still can't get my head round it
unless someone with decent ocg can explain it to me, I'm out, I don't care how powerful it is, I could never use it xD
[/quote]
hard to explain the efffect

Try this

make your card a quick play with this effect

[color=#1C2837][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif]Lore: If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, remove the equipped monster from play. You can only activate this card when you special summon a Level 4 Monster. This card can be activated from your Deck. When this card is activated treat it as an Equip Spell card and Equip it to the special summoned monster, then shuffle your Deck. When the equipped Level 4 monster is removed from play, you can Special Summon a Level 8 monster from your Deck to your field and equip this spell to it. If the Level 8 monster is sent back to your Deck/Hand, Special Summon a level 4 monster from your hand to your field and equip this spell to it.[/font][/color]

Archived