Darkfrost - Lord of Glaciers

Skymiles

A ritual monster and spell pair I whipped up. Please rate :)

[img]http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/8672/362176z.jpg[/img]

Lore: This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card can only be ritual summoned by the ritual spell card "Ancient glacier". Once per turn you may pay 500 life points to special summon "Snowman Token" (Level 3/WATER/ATK 700/DEF 1000) in face up DEF position. This card counts as two tributes for a level 7 or higher WATER monster.

[img]http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9155/362176.jpg[/img]

Lore: This card is used to Ritual summon "Darkfrost - Lord of Glaciers". You must also send cards to the graveyard whose level equals 5 or more.

Thanks for looking

Lore: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Ritual Summoned by the Ritual Spell Card "Ancient glacier". Once per turn you may pay 500 life points to Special Summon 1 "Snowman Token" (Level 3/WATER/ATK 700/DEF 1000) in face-up Defence Position. This card counts as two tributes for a level 7 or higher WATER monster.

Remember capital letters on things like Special Summon/ Normal Summon/ Set

Good cards though. OCG looks fine except from caps. Good pics too.

[quote name='Elemental Dragon' timestamp='1300392484' post='5079251']
Lore: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Ritual Summoned by the Ritual Spell Card "Ancient glacier". Once per turn you may pay 500 life points to Special Summon 1 "Snowman Token" (Level 3/WATER/ATK 700/DEF 1000) in face-up Defence Position. This card counts as two tributes for a level 7 or higher WATER monster.

Remember capital letters on things like Special Summon/ Normal Summon/ Set

Good cards though. OCG looks fine except from caps. Good pics too.
[/quote]

Thanks

E.D's OCG isn't close to a fix.
Just look up "Demise" or "Divine Grace" in the yugioh wikia if you really want to fix it.

Doesn't matter tho, its the effect and idea thats important.
All ritual monsters so far are either LIGHT or DARK. Not sure if there is a reason for that, but I like how yours goes with its attribute. One theme of water monsters is the ease in which you can summon its level 7 monsters (A Legendary Ocean) and their ability to swarm and summon tokens in strange forms.

Not sure about making it Life Point cost. Try making it a bit more creative, something like:
"Once per turn, while "Ancient Glacier" is in your Graveyard, you can remove it [u]or[/u] 1 WATER monster in your Graveyard from play to Special Summon 1 "token" to the field."
or
"While UMI is face-up on your side of the field, you can Special Summon up to 2 "token" to your side of the field per turn. These "token" are destroyed when UMI is removed from the field"

The newer ritual Spell Cards also have secondary effects by removing themselves in the Graveyard from play.
You could go with "If there are 3 or more "tokens" on your side of the field, remove this card in the Graveyard from play to discard 2 random cards from your opponents hand" or draw 2, since hand control is another big theme with WATER Decks.

[quote name=':bcoe' timestamp='1300397735' post='5079492']
E.D's OCG isn't close to a fix.
Just look up "Demise" or "Divine Grace" in the yugioh wikia if you really want to fix it.

Doesn't matter tho, its the effect and idea thats important.
All ritual monsters so far are either LIGHT or DARK. Not sure if there is a reason for that, but I like how yours goes with its attribute. One theme of water monsters is the ease in which you can summon its level 7 monsters (A Legendary Ocean) and their ability to swarm and summon tokens in strange forms.

Not sure about making it Life Point cost. Try making it a bit more creative, something like:
"Once per turn, while "Ancient Glacier" is in your Graveyard, you can remove it [u]or[/u] 1 WATER monster in your Graveyard from play to Special Summon 1 "token" to the field."
or
"While UMI is face-up on your side of the field, you can Special Summon up to 2 "token" to your side of the field per turn. These "token" are destroyed when UMI is removed from the field"

The newer ritual Spell Cards also have secondary effects by removing themselves in the Graveyard from play.
You could go with "If there are 3 or more "tokens" on your side of the field, remove this card in the Graveyard from play to discard 2 random cards from your opponents hand" or draw 2, since hand control is another big theme with WATER Decks.
[/quote]

Thanks for the amazing constructive feedback. +1 rep for you. :D
If I get the time I will make the improvements that you mentioned and post it as a new topic.
The only non light or dark ritual monster I can think of off the top of my head is Legendary Flame Lord.

Archived