The Promised Land

Benevolent Angel

In a land that is in a dimension parallel to ours, there are eight powerful nations. Each reigning with a supreme army. Unlike our world, humans are not the only intelligent species. But because of this, racial hate was born. Hatred led to the lust of power, and this led to war. The eight nations had been fighting against each other for thousands of years. Many people on all sides were killed. Peace was but a fantasy. Until the impossible happened. The eight nations stopped fighting. Their leaders realized that the fighting was becoming pointless, so they gradually made diplomatic relations with other nations. Many were not used to the change, but many also hoped that war would never happen again. This was a reality that would soon shatter, and once again the nations will be at war with each other. For now, all is quiet.

At a balcony of the royal palace of Bern, a young and beautiful maiden glances at the dark starry night. The only sounds she could hear were the crickets chirping. The moon was a full moon tonight, bright and radiant.

Claire awoke to the sound of an early alarm. Hopefully, it didn't wake her dad up, or the chef. She snuck into the royal Kitchen to grab some food, both for her and for Gracie. She went back to her room, wher two gaurds were standing. "Dang, didn't want to do this, but.." Claire struck both gaurds at a nerve, but an alarm went off anyway. "Awww, what the chipoltle!" She ran through the tunnel, making sure to seal it up behind her, while she changed into some torn jeans and a colorful hoodie. She ran out, and Gracie was sitting there, nicely dressed. "Woah! Don't tell me your back to stealing again!" Claire was joking, but not. "No! I've been adopted!" "Oh My Gawd!!! That's great! So, how are the parents?" Claire was anxious to know more. "They're great! They said that you could come over, but don't worry, they don't know." "Okay! the two, unwitinglly, walked into a trap. The door slammed behind them, and it locked. "Mom, Dad?"The teo "parents" walked out, wearing Empire insignias on their robes. [i]Well, good thing the alarm went off. [/i]That was the only thing claire thought before a rock hit her on the head, knocking her out.

The maiden walks back inside her room. Her room was beautiful with expensive decoration. It was very quiet. Perhaps a number of guards were still awake, but an invasion would give a suprise to the kingdom. This maiden was a princess, the princess of Bern to be exact. Beautiful of course, and perhaps a bit naive. She lied on her bed and tried to get some rest.

Archived