Casshern Sins

Raine

I'd like to bring up one of my favorite lesser known animes, Casshern Sins. I loved this piece because of the dark dying atmosphere that surrounded each episode to the very end. Although the 1 plot per episode isn't ussuassly the way to go they each felt unique and satisfying and with a long term plot that reared its head more and more as the series progressed. The pacing is slow for most but its this unique drawn out plot that brings the characters to life and the series its aura. Although the ending was a bit rushed in my opinion compared to the rest of it, I enjoyed the series amazingly well. My favorite of the anime's elements are the characters each main has an entirety about them from the confused and mentally tortured Casshern, to the conflicted and doomed Lyuze, and the innocent and sheltered Ringo. I love it and I own all its episodes on Blue-ray.

Please post your comments and criticisms or discussions about this anime here as well.

ADHD, Casshern and Luna have almost nothing when compared to Satan and God. Casshern is immortal and has no idea why or how and he only fights when its called for, he isn't the epitome of evil. He is pinnacle of life that is forced to watch the remaining rot. While as Luna on the surface grants life, those powers and abilities are misused and she would judge coldly and inhumanly.

I can not see how these are relevent to a Devil and God relationship, it is kind of hard to explain past that but once you finish the series it becomes clear that kind of relation is not present especially when you add Lyuze and Ringo to the mix. Casshern isn't Satan is just a man forceful made to watching the end, and you feel sorry for him.

Miki, I agree with your point that Casshern is more neutral than protagonist. In fact, one could argue that an one of the characters is the protagonist. I could say Dio was the main good guy and Casshern was a antagonist or Luna was the protagonist or even Ringo (which could be argued a great deal). I like your perspective on this, thank you for your imput.

[quote name='Grand★Raine' timestamp='1300894327' post='5091496']
ADHD, Casshern and Luna have almost nothing when compared to Satan and God. Casshern is immortal and has no idea why or how and he only fights when its called for, he isn't the epitome of evil. He is pinnacle of life that is forced to watch the remaining rot. While as Luna on the surface grants life, those powers and abilities are misused and she would judge coldly and inhumanly.

I can not see how these are relevent to a Devil and God relationship, it is kind of hard to explain past that but once you finish the series it becomes clear that kind of relation is not present especially when you add Lyuze and Ringo to the mix. Casshern isn't Satan is just a man forceful made to watching the end, and you feel sorry for him.
[/quote]

I was just going by what TV Tropes told me. *Shrugs*

• 2 weeks later...

Archived