How To Use Trap Cards

I have a question relating to Trap and Spell cards. I do know that you can use Spell Cards right away, but is it the same with Trap Cards. Like say its my opponents turn. If they have a trap card on the field face down and have not activated yet. Can they activate it right away? or do I have to attack them first in order for them to activate that trap card? I'd love some help on that. Thanks so much.

I have a question relating to Trap and Spell cards. I do know that you can use Spell Cards right away, but is it the same with Trap Cards. Like say its my opponents turn. If they have a trap card on the field face down and have not activated yet. Can they activate it right away? or do I have to attack them first in order for them to activate that trap card? I'd love some help on that. Thanks so much.

Use Q+A thread for questions.

Trap Cards cannot be activated the turn they are Set, even if an effect Sets it during the opponent's turn (Dust Tornado, Scrap-Iron Scarecrow, Malfunction). This is also true with Quick Play Spells. You may not activate a Quick Play the turn it was Set.

Any time/turn after the one it was Set during, if the activation requirements are fulfilled, a Trap/Quick Play can be used.

Archived