Dead Space.

~NOiSE~

I'm normally not a fan of survival-horror titles (generally I hate them, the horror genre and I have a bad history), but this particular game is the exception; possibly because it blends the cool sci-fi elements into the game, which I'm often a sucker for. Plus Isaac Clarke is just a boss character.

Also, I freaking hate Twitchers. Hate them.

Discuss the Dead Space franchise.

I haven't play that game, but I'm a Horror Survival fan. Actually is nothing to be scare of. Resident Evil 5 doesn't even freak anyone out. Left 4 Dead is more like an online first-personal shooter to me than a terrifying Horror Survival game. Even Fatal Frame is classified not scary if you knew where the ghost came from, and Silent Hill series only make people feel afraid of that place your character is walking around.
This are the only scenes that had freak me out:
1) The Regenerators from Resident Evil 4 make me heart beat with its undying ability, f***ing sound, and the design of that creature is super horrifying.
2) When I was playing Silent Hill: Origin, an unknown voice appear from nowhere, that make me freak out, I admit.
3) Some crazy guy runs towards my character and want to kill my character in the beginning of Shellshock 2: Blood Trails.

[quote name='DarkrassSoul' timestamp='1301753209' post='5107357']
I haven't play that game, but I'm a Horror Survival fan. Actually is nothing to be scare of. Resident Evil 5 doesn't even freak anyone out. Left 4 Dead is more like an online first-personal shooter to me than a terrifying Horror Survival game. Even Fatal Frame is classified not scary if you knew where the ghost came from, and Silent Hill series only make people feel afraid of that place your character is walking around.
This are the only scenes that had freak me out:
1) The Regenerators from Resident Evil 4 make me heart beat with its undying ability, f***ing sound, and the design of that creature is super horrifying.
2) When I was playing Silent Hill: Origin, an unknown voice appear from nowhere, that make me freak out, I admit.
3) Some crazy guy runs towards my character and want to kill my character in the beginning of Shellshock 2: Blood Trails.
[/quote]

Honestly, I think Dead Space is one of the few actual survival-horror games left, and most people believe that it redeemed the genre by itself. Most of the new horror-themed games aren't exactly considered "survival-horror" because they rely heavily on action, which drastically takes away from the horror aspect of said games (survival-horror generally places characters in isolation with few resources, something that one not worry about much in more recent titles). While Dead Space certainly has its fair share of action sequences, they are simply there to provide breathing room between the more tense, creepiness that is the rest of the game; though that doesn't make them any less awesome.

Dead Space does an amazing job of alarming the piss out of the player. The lighting, the sound, the enemies, and the situations you are put in all appear calm to bear a absolutely alarming experience. By the end of the adventurous you'll be acclimated to the creatures bustling out and bottom ward down, but abuse if accepting to that point isn't a nerve-wracking experience. In the adventurous and often-bloody Dead Space gamers footfall into a third-person sci-fi adaptation abhorrence acquaintance that delivers cerebral thrills and abominable action.

Archived