Vampires v2

Donvermicelli

Rep is always appreciated if you like the cards.
A while back I made a zombie/vampire support set, now I am re-releasing the set card by card after reworking them.
Please leave feedback if you think cards are OP/UP and explain why.

EDIT: Adding all of the new cards to the list and sorted them.

[spoiler=Effect Monsters]
[Spoiler=Plaguespreader Vampire][img]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8363/247033.jpg[/img]
When using this card as a Synchro Material Monster, the other Synchro Material Monster is 1 "Vampire" monster in your removed from play zone. When this card would be sent to the graveyard for a Synchro summon, it is removed from play and the other material is returned to the graveyard.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Dracula the Vampire King][img]http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/8363/247033.jpg[/img][/img]
You can only control 1 "Dracula the Vampire King". This card can only be special summoned by tributing 3 "Vampire" monsters you control. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, send the top three cards of their Deck to the Graveyard. If this card is destroyed and sent from the field to your Graveyard, it is Special Summoned to your side of the field during your next Standby Phase after it's destruction.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Vampire Bat][img]http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8363/247033.jpg[/img]
All face-up Zombie-Type monsters you control gain 300 ATK. If this face-up card on the field would be destroyed, you can send 1 "Vampire Bat" from your Deck to the Graveyard instead.[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Agas, Vampire Doomsayer][img]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8363/247033.jpg[/img]
Once per turn, while you control another "Vampire" monster with a different name, you can declare 1 card type (Monster, Spell or Trap). Your opponent selects 1 card of that type from their Deck and sends it to the Graveyard. This monster cannot declare an attack during the turn this effect is used. While this card is in your Graveyard you can remove it and another "Vampire" monster in your Graveyard from play to send the top four cards from your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Vampire Nosferatu][img]http://img852.imageshack.us/img852/8363/247033.jpg[/img]
When this card is discarded from your hand to the Graveyard, declare 1 card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap). Your opponent picks up the top three cards of their deck and sends any cards of the chosen type to the graveyard.[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Lilith, Vampire Mother][img]http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/9815/247033c.jpg[/img]
You can remove from play 2 "Vampire" monsters from your Graveyard to Special Summon this card from your hand. If you do, select 3 "Vampire" cards in your Graveyard and return them to the Deck. Then draw 2 cards.[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Arcana Vampire][img]http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/9616/247033s.jpg[/img]
While your opponent controls more monsters than you do you can special summon this card from your hand. When you do, send cards from the top of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard equal to the difference in monsters you control.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Synchro Monsters]

[spoiler= Dracula, Lord of Terror][img]http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/5827/247033y.jpg[/img]
1 "Plaguespreader" tuner + "Dracula the Vampire King".
There can only be 1 face-up "Dracula" monster on the field. This card cannot be destroyed by battle or by your opponent's card effect. You take no Battle Damage from battles involving this card. The ATK and DEF of this card are each equal to the number of "Vampire" monsters in your Graveyard x 700. When this card is removed from the field special summon one Level 8 Zombie-Type monster from your Graveyard.
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Spells]

[spoiler=The Dark Castle][img]http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8363/247033.jpg[/img]
Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Vampire" monster from your Graveyard. During your End Phase, send the monster summoned with this effect to the graveyard. When you do, you can discard 1 card to activate one of these effects:
* Send 1 card your opponents controls to the graveyard.
* Send the top 3 cards of your opponents deck to the graveyard.
You cannot Normal Summon or Set a monster the turn you activate this cards effect.
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Traps]

[spoiler=Blood Craft][img]http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/8363/247033.jpg[/img]
When an effect activates where a player has to pay life points as a cost put one Blood Counter on this card (max. 5). You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard to Special Summon 1 "Vampire" Monster from your Deck whose Level is equal to or lower than the number of Blood Counters on this card.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is kinda contradictory:

You can only control 1 "Dracula the Vampire King". [i]This card can only be special summoned by tributing 3 "Vampire" monsters you control.[/i] When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, send the top two cards of their Deck to the Graveyard. [i]If this card is destroyed and sent from the field to your Graveyard, it is Special Summoned to your side of the field during your second Standby Phase after it's destruction. [/i]

The destruction effect might be too much since you've made it regenerateable (I know that's not a word) to destruction by battle and card effects. Maybe make it regeneratable to just 1 type of destruction?

Nice cards
like the picture and effects

reminds me of Dracula from Castlevania, he get his butt kick he get resurrected got his butt kicked again :D.

I saw the finish set and its amazing I too would make a deck of vampires.

I think it would be cool if Dracula, King of Vampires would have a True Form hehe just my two cents.

overall they're all cool 10/10

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1302403474' post='5126929']
OCG looks just fine
I particularly like Dracula, nice milling effect you got there
it does seem a bit too easy to get it back to the field, but whatever
9/10
[/quote]

It's still just as easy to play Bottomless or Dimensional Prison. He can't come back that way, Compulsory removes him just as well.

[quote name='carnage19' timestamp='1302413052' post='5127279']
Nice cards
like the picture and effects

reminds me of Dracula from Castlevania, he get his butt kick he get resurrected got his butt kicked again :D.

I saw the finish set and its amazing I too would make a deck of vampires.

I think it would be cool if Dracula, King of Vampires would have a True Form hehe just my two cents.

overall they're all cool 10/10
[/quote]

Funny you would mention that, I am inspired by the Castlevania series yeah and I have made a true form for him. Problem is I want him to pose a serious threat but not be OP at the same time. Point of this thread is to make the before completed set more balanced and interesting. When this thread is Done I will update the complete set with the reworked/new cards.

EDIT: added third card, 3 comments and I release two more cards.

[quote name='Donvermicelli' timestamp='1302387078' post='5126077']
You can only control 1 "Dracula the Vampire King". [b]This card can only be special summoned by tributing 3 "Vampire" monsters you control.[/b] When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, send the top two cards of their Deck to the Graveyard. If this card is destroyed and sent from the field to your Graveyard, it is Special Summoned to your side of the field during your second Standby Phase after it's destruction.
[/quote]

Just thinking, should this not be "This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by tributing 3 "Vampire" monsters you control."? Because otherwise the only point to that part of its effect is to limit its Special Summons and to allow you to summon it and normal summon in the same turn.

[quote name='Psych0tic' timestamp='1302505333' post='5130243']
Just thinking, should this not be "This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by tributing 3 "Vampire" monsters you control."? Because otherwise the only point to that part of its effect is to limit its Special Summons and to allow you to summon it and normal summon in the same turn.
[/quote]

The "This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set" part of the text isn't completely necessary, as the "This card can only be Special Summoned by..." part automatically gives it semi-nomi status, ensuring that it can't be normal-summoned or set.

[font="Arial"][size="2"][quote name='Dracula the Vampire King'][b]This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set.[/b] You can only control 1 [b]face-up[/b] "Dracula the Vampire King". This card can only be [b]S[/b]pecial [b]S[/b]ummoned by tributing 3 "Vampire" monsters you control [b]or by this card's effect[/b]. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, send the top two cards of [b]your opponent's[/b] Deck to the Graveyard. If this card is destroyed and sent from the field to your Graveyard, it is Special Summoned to your side of the field during your second Standby Phase after it's destruction.[/quote][/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]
[/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]I don't think this card is worth the three tributes, it's only 2800ATK, the milling isn't gonna do anything (Except against Lightsworns), and it's too slow to bring back.[/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]
[/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]4/10[/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]
[/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"][quote name='Vampire Bat'][/size][/font][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif]All face-up Zombie-Type monsters you control gain 300 ATK. If this face-up card [s]on the field[/s] would be destroyed, you can send 1 "Vampire Bat" from your Deck to the Graveyard instead.[/quote][/font]
[font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif]
[/font]
[font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif]Very nice card, and I like the ability to send cards to the Graveyard, it makes Pot of Avarice and other cards easier to use, you can get three DARK monsters in the Graveyard for Dark Armed Dragon.[/font]
[font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif]
[/font]
[font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif]9/10[/font]

[quote name='Tsukasa Hiiragi' timestamp='1302515680' post='5130354']
Has anyone else noticed how abusable Plaguespreader Vampire is? Synch with your RFP'd Mezuki for level 6, instant Mezuki reuse. I'd say at least make it use something in the Graveyard and RFP both cards.
[/quote]

I never even heard of that card before.

Archived