Yu-Gi-Oh! D.T.

Crimson Blaze

The number of comments I am getting is pretty disappointing, but it's really no surprise, since I was also quite busy with finals this week. Hopefully, this next chapter will get me some more comments. Enjoy!

[spoiler=Chapter 10]

Yu-Gi-Oh! D.T.

Chapter 10: Shocking Secret, The Loss of a Comrade

The man in the dark cloak was rushing towards Muto City like there was no tomorrow. He had felt the tremors, tremors that felt like the moon had collided with the Earth. This shaking could only mean one thing: the last Signer dragon. He was miles from completing his assigned task: the gathering of all Signer dragons. He clearly remembered the first day he was assigned this task, which also happened to be the first day he entered the organization. His boss, a mysterious man, had told him that the world would be feeling a lot less pain if those Signer dragons were in his grasp. He had heard that they had immense power, and that they would create an even greater power when used together with the Nature dragons. Unfortunately, the Dark Chaser general had no idea what that meant. He had run many duel simulations and could see absolutely no combo that could be used with their synergy.

The relationship he had with his employer was a rather odd one. While the man didn't exactly enjoy or dislike working for his boss, his boss tended to favor him more than the others. In the ten years he had worked with the Dark Chasers, he had somehow managed to secure the trust and constant doting of the leader. The cloaked man didn't know why, but he could almost see a glimmer of happiness from that person, man or woman, whenever they spoke to him. This gave him a poor reputation with his co-generals, them always mocking him out of envy. Why or how this happened, the man had no clue. Even today, he continues to ponder about that. Putting his confusion to rest, the man accelerated as he passed the 10 miles mark.

On the other side of town, the battle of the Nature dragons continued, dragging both Garry and the unknown criminal into the countryside.

“It’s my turn!” shouted the thief, her silky hair blowing turbulently.

SPC: Garry-9 Female Thief-4

“I activate the Speed Spell Maximum Impulse!"

[spoiler=Maximum Impulse]Remove 2 Speed Counters. If you have another Speed Spell in your hand, you can activate and chain it to this card regardless of its conditions. If you have 2 copies of this card on the field, you can destroy 1 monster on the field. If the monster is destroyed, deal damage equal to twice the monster’s original ATK.

SPC: Garry-9 Female Thief-2

"By removing 2 Speed Counters, I can immediately play another Speed Spell! I activate another Maximum Impulse!"

SPC: Garry-9 Female Thief-0

"Since I have 2 copies of this card on the field, I can destroy a monster on the field, namely Crimson Blaze Dragon! Also, when that thing's gone, you take 5600 points of damage!”

“I activate my Trap card Crimson Blaze!" announced Garry without delay.

[spoiler=Crimson Blaze]Activate only if "Crimson Blaze Dragon" is on your side of the field. All of your monsters are unaffected by monster, spell, and trap effects until the end of the turn.

The two spells came together and launched a streak of lightning towards the red dragon, which, in response, blew a cloud of flames that completely nullified the attack.

"Since my dragon isn’t destroyed, I don’t take any damage!” he grinned.

“Fine then!" grunted the thief. "Terra Force Dragon, attack Crimson Blaze Dragon! Landscape Catastrophe!"

The beige-colored creature bulleted towards its rivaling foe, blasting through it and releasing a tremendous shock wave. Garry was smashed against the edge of the highway, barely managing to keep control of his duel runner. He frowned as he saw his left pedal chip off and fall off the side. (2000/200)

"Not so tough now, are we?" teased the woman. "Turn end.”

At that moment, the black-cloaked man felt another tremor. I feel it, he thought. I’m getting closer! At last, I’ll have all the Signer dragons! He pushed the throttle to the max and burst through the air like a squall.

“My turn!" yelled Garry, infuriated that his ace monster had been destroyed once again.

SPC: Garry-10 Female Thief-1

"I activate Speed World 2’s effect! By removing 10 Speed Counters, I can destroy 1 card on the field! Terra Force Dragon, be gone!"

SPC: Garry-0 Female Thief-1

Garry expertly swerved his vehicle around and launched a blast of electricity at Terra Force Dragon. The female burglar grimaced as her monster exploded into flames.

"I set 1 card. Turn end.”

“It’s my turn!" the lady announced lightheartedly.

SPC: Garry-1 Female Thief-2

"I summon Fragrant Tulip in attack mode!"

An enclosed, violet flower sprouted from the ground, carrying a wooden bow and a bundle of arrows. The small creature attempted to frighten its opponent with a threatening look, only to see Garry staring unmoved by it.

[spoiler=Fragrant Tulip]Level 1

EARTH/Plant

ATK-500 DEF-600

If this card is Normal Summoned and there is no other card on your field, you can destroy 1 card your opponent controls.

"Since I had nothing else on my field when this lovely flower was summoned, I can destroy a card on your field, such as your set card!"

Garry snarled as the innocent-looking tulip shot an arrow at and destroyed his face down card, which was revealed to be Everlasting Burn.

"Pathetic," smirked his suddenly arrogant foe. "Fragrant Tulip, direct attack!"

Again, Fragrant Tulip released an arrow, this time striking Garry's chest. (1500/200)

"Turn end.”

“My turn!"

SPC: Garry-2 Female Thief-3

"I summon Stove Burner in defense mode!"

An ordinary kitchen stove appeared from a portal beside Garry, floating gently beside him.

[spoiler=Stove Burner]Level 3

FIRE/Machine

ATK-0 DEF-2000

If a monster you control is destroyed in battle, you can equip it to this card. On your next Standby Phase, you can tribute this card and the equipped monster to gain 1000 Life Points.

"Turn end,” he shouted with a sullen expression.

“My turn!" the woman giggled.

SPC: Garry-3 Female Thief-4

"I activate Speed World 2’s effect! I remove 4 counters to deal you 800 points of damage for this Speed Spell in my hand!"

SPC: Garry-3 Female Thief-0

As the stream of lightning was about to strike him, Garry made a sharp turn, evading the attack. (700/200)

"I switch Fragrant Tulip to defense mode," she declared. "Turn end.”

“My turn!" said Garry, glancing at the card he had just drawn.

SPC: Garry-4 Female Thief-1

"I activate the Speed Spell Sparking Dash!"

[spoiler=Sparking Dash]Remove all of your Speed Counters to Special Summon a monster from your deck whose ATK is less than or equal to that of 1 of your opponent’s monsters.

SPC: Garry-0 Female Thief-1

"This card will let me summon a monster from my deck with an ATK less than that of one monster you have, as long as I remove all my Speed Counters. I Special Summon the Tuner monster Ring of Fire!"

As its name suggested, a circular object materialized from Garry's deck, suddenly erupting into flames.

[spoiler=Ring of Fire]Level 2

FIRE/Pyro

ATK-0 DEF-1500

If you Synchro Summon using this card, you can discard 1 card from your hand to Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.

"You know what's coming. I'm tuning my level 3 Stove Burner with my level 2 Ring of Fire! A burning flame of the soul smolders brightly! Kindle the fire of freedom! Synchro Summon! Blast Forth, Hawkfire!"

From the two material monsters, which joined together to form a single flaming ring, came a large bird with a thin, elegant body and smooth, sharp feathers. Letting out a shrilling screech, the monster soared through the air, flames on its wings flowing gracefully in the wind.

[spoiler=Hawkfire]1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner

Level 5

FIRE/Winged-Beast

ATK-2000 DEF-1300

When your opponent takes effect damage, discard 1 random card from your opponent's hand. If this card is destroyed in battle, destroy the monster that destroyed this card.

"Hawkfire, attack Fragrant Tulip! Feather Flare!”

“I remove from play my Fragrant Iris from my Graveyard to protect my monster from being destroyed in battle!" responded the thief.

[spoiler=Flagrant Iris]Level 3

EARTH/Plant

ATK-1000 DEF-1000

If this card is destroyed by battle, add 1 Fragrant monster from your Graveyard to your hand. You can remove this monster from play from your Graveyard to prevent your Fragrant monster from being destroyed in battle until the End Phase of this turn.

As the fiery hawk swooped downward, a fuchsia-colored barrier surrounded its target, knocking Garry's monster back.

"So that was the card you discarded from Terra Force Dragon's effect earlier!" exclaimed Garry.

“That's right," smiled the brunette proudly.

"Turn end,” he pouted, shocked at her level of skill.

“It’s my turn!"

SPC: Garry-1 Female Thief-2

"I summon the Tuner monster Fragrant Lily!"

Beside the tulip grew a white lily, halfheartedly waving a tiny dagger.

[spoiler=Flagrant Lily]Level 4

EARTH/Plant

ATK-500 DEF-500

If this card is used to Synchro Summon an Earth attribute Plant type monster, it gains 500 ATK.

"Now, I tune my two monsters together! Beautiful vines tangle in everlasting grace! Unveil the queen of all plants! Synchro Summon! Arise, Fragrant Rose Queen!"

As the two plants shriveled and sank into the ground, a large, scarlet rose emerged. A red-haired woman with smooth, pale skin arose from the center, sprinkling shiny powder along the road.

[spoiler=Fragrant Rose Queen]1 Plant type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner

Level 6

EARTH/Plant

ATK-1500 DEF-2000

While this card is face up, your opponent cannot select this card as an attack target if there is another Plant type monster on the field. All EARTH attribute monsters gain 500 ATK. When this card is destroyed in battle, Special Summon the Tuner monster used to Synchro Summon this card from your Graveyard.

"Isn't she pretty? But aside from her glamor, this girl has a special talent. She gains 500 ATK from my Fragrant Lily! Fragrant Rose Queen, attack Hawkfire! Royal Vine Whip!”

The queen lashed out a whip of vine that hit Hawkfire. Right before it was about to be destroyed, it ignited its wings and burned her majesty to a crisp.

"What happened?!" asked the incredulous woman.

"When Hawkfire is destroyed," began Garry, "it takes the monster that destroyed it with it into the Graveyard."

“Fine, then! Now its effect activates! I Special Summon Fragrant Lily! Fragrant Lily, direct attack!"

Garry's eyes widened as the small lily suddenly appeared beside him and stabbed him in the gut. (200/200)

"Turn end!”

“My turn!" panted Garry.

SPC: Garry-2 Female Thief-3

"I set 1 card face down."

He closed his eyes and slammed his fist on the duel screen in frustration. Clinging on to his last hope, Garry signaled the end of his turn.

“It seems that it’s my last turn!" snickered his enemy hysterically.

SPC: Garry-2 Female Thief-4

"I activate Speed World 2’s effect! I remove 4 counters to deal you 800 points of damage for this Speed Spell in my hand! You lose!”

“That would normally be the case," smiled Garry, relieved that his strategy worked, "but I have one more trick up my sleeve! I activate my Trap card Reaction Fire!"

[spoiler=Reaction Fire]Activate when you are about to take effect damage. Deal 200 points of damage for each monster in your Graveyard.

"What the fudge does that do?!" questioned the irritable thief.

"What it does," he replied, "is inflict you with 200 points of damage for each monster in my Graveyard."

“But that means-!”

“Yes, you will end up taking damage before me! You lose!”

As soon as the surge of electricity left her duel runner, Garry's card shot a series of swift pieces of molten rock, striking her mercilessly. (200/0)

The cooling steam emitted from the thief’s duel runner. She was about to run away with the card when the man in the black cloak intercepted her and knocked her out. Eying the card she held in her hand, he pulled her into his duel runner and drove off. At that instance, Eric's blue vehicle halted beside Garry.

“Eric!” shouted Garry. “That man took off with that woman and my Terra Force Dragon! Chase after him! I’ll go around and stop him there!”

“I’m on it!” Eric replied as the pushed the throttle and zoomed through the highway, his tires leaving screech marks on the ground.

Meanwhile, the thief suddenly regained her consciousness and scanned around for a clue as to what was going on. She then realized that she had been kidnapped by that man in the dark cloak. When she struggled to push the man off, he pulled his duel runner upward, lifting the vehicle and increasing his speed by riding on the back wheel. The woman was knocked back by the force and hit the back of the duel runner. From out of the blue, a blue duel runner appeared and caught up to him in what seemed to be a few seconds.

“What kind of bike is that?!” inquired the man.

“It’s none of your business! Now give back the girl!”

“She has something I want! Now buzz off, or else I will make you!”

The man knocked Eric on the side, which threw him off course. Remembering that he was still just a beginner, Eric tried desperately to get back on the road. He finally touched the edge of the highway and accelerated to ride side by side with the man again.

“It seems that you won’t go away.”

“I challenge you to a duel! If I win, you will let that girl go!” Eric demanded.

“Very well, but if I win, I will take your rarest card!”

“I accept those terms!”

The counter slowly decreased in number. An alarm indicated that the duel had begun.

“Field Spell Speed World 2 Activate! Turbo Duel, Acceleration!” both said at the same time.

[spoiler=Speed World 2]Both players gain 1 Speed Counter each Standby Phase. A player can activate the following effects during their Main Phase:

-Remove 4 counters to deal 800 points of damage to your opponent for each Speed Spell in your hand

-Remove 7 counters to draw 1 card

-Remove 10 counters to destroy 1 card on the field.

Having a more advanced duel runner, Eric turned the curve first.

“My turn!" he shouted.

SPC: Eric-1 Dark Chaser-1

"I summon Moon Samurai in attack mode!"

The warrior in shining armor appeared from a ball of light, taking an attacking stance.

[spoiler=Moon Samurai]Level 4

LIGHT/Warrior

ATK-1000 DEF-1600

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can discard one card from your hand to increase its ATK by 800.

"What the-?!" stammered the man with widened eyes. Where have I seen this card before? he asked himself.

"When this card is summoned, I can discard Bright Star to have my monster gain 800 ATK!"

[spoiler=Bright Star]Level 1

LIGHT/Psychic

ATK-500 DEF-0

If this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon it to your side of the field on your next Standby Phase.

That's another name I recognize! Why do I know these cards?! thought the man.

"I set 1 card. Turn end.”

“A very nice combo if you ask me," he stated, beginning to focus on the game. "You were planning on Special Summoning Bright Star your next Standby Phase and playing a Tuner monster to bring out a high level Synchro monster weren’t you? That Trap you have there is probably to destroy the monster I use to attack you with, right? That way, you can boost the ATK of your Synchro monster and finish me off in one turn. That trick may work on amateurs but not on me.”

“Grrr,” growled Eric.

“My turn!"

SPC: Eric-2 Dark Chaser-2

"I summon Dark Summoner in attack mode."

A mysterious being in a black robe emerged from a dark portal.

[spoiler=Dark Summoner]Level 2

DARK/Spellcaster

ATK-0 DEF-0

When this card is summoned, you can Special Summon a level 2 monster from your hand.

"I then use its effect to summon another Dark Summoner, who lets me summon another Dark Summoner, who lets me summon the Tuner monster Graveyard Channeler."

Two more robed sorcerers rose next to the one already on the field, along with another Spellcaster in a similar robe.

[spoiler=Graveyard Channeler]Level 2

DARK/Spellcaster

ATK-500 DEF-500

If this card is used for a Synchro Summon of a level 8 or higher monster, you can Special Summon all the Synchro material monsters used when it is sent to the Graveyard other than this card.

"I tune my 3 level 2 Dark Summoners with level 2 Graveyard Channeler. Clustering wishes form a new shining star! Become the path it's light shines upon! Synchro Summon! Take flight, Stardust Dragon!"

The notorious silver dragon, covered in blue crystals, flew majestically in the sky, a trail of sparkling dust following it.

[spoiler=Stardust Dragon]1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner

Level 8

WIND/Dragon

ATK-2500 DEF-2000

You can Tribute this card to negate the activation of a Spell Card, Trap Card, or Effect Monster's effect that destroys a card(s) on the field, and destroy that card. If you negate an effect this way, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard during the End Phase.

"What?!" exclaimed Eric. "That's supposed to be in a museum!"

"True," agreed his opponent, "but it was recently labeled a stolen card, so we have every right to take it."

"Then you should have returned it!" he screamed in fury.

"We are not that nice, foolish boy. Stardust Dragon, attack Moon Samurai! Shooting Sonic!”

“I activate my Trap card Moonlight Stream!" declared Eric.

[spoiler=Moonlight Stream]Activate only when a monster declares an attack while you control a LIGHT attribute monster. The attacking monster is destroyed and removed from play.

“Just as I thought. I activate Stardust Dragon’s effect. I tribute it to negate the effect of a card that destroys one of my cards."

As the dragon's blast was redirected, it dematerialized to avoid the hit.

"Because Stardust is sent to my Graveyard, I can Special Summon the 3 Dark Summoners from my Graveyard using Graveyard Channeler's effect. I set 2 cards. Turn end. Stardust Dragon returns to my field.”

Eric watched in horror as the famed Stardust Dragon reappeared on the field, along with the three Dark Summoners used to summon it.

“My turn!"

SPC: Eric-3 Dark Chaser-3

"You may be good," said Eric coolly, "but you still shouldn’t underestimate your opponent! Bright Star returns to my field!"

A miniscule sphere of light flashed onto Eric's field beside Moon Samurai.

"Then, I summon the Tuner monster Moonlight Guard!"

The heavily armored guardian walked from a portal that formed before Eric and knelt down, placing its large shield in front.

[spoiler=Moonlight Guard]Level 3

LIGHT/Warrior

ATK-0 DEF-2000

If your opponent’s monster attacks this card, all of your opponent’s monsters’ effects are negated. As long as every monster in your Graveyard is LIGHT attribute, this card cannot be destroyed in battle.

"Now I tune-”

“Don’t even bother," interrupted the Dark Chaser general. "You lose already. I activate my Trap card Curse of Darkness."

[spoiler=Curse of Darkness]Equip this card to 1 monster you control. That monster becomes the Dark attribute and its ATK becomes 0.

"I will equip this card to Stardust Dragon. I activate my other Trap card Dark Blaster."

[spoiler=Dark Blaster]Pay half your Life Points. Tribute any number of Dark attribute monsters you control to deal 1000 points of damage for each monster that was tribute.

"This card activates by paying half by Life Points. I inflict 1000 points of damage for each Dark attribute monster I tribute. I have 4, so you take 4000 points of damage. I win.”

Eric yelled helplessly as he was swept by a gigantic wave of darkness. Lost in the confusion, he felt his duel runner smash into something and skid across the ground. (2000/0)

“No way!” exclaimed Eric as he crawled out of his duel runner, which broke down and started to smoke.

“We had a deal. Now give me your rarest card. You seem to have my master's deck, but I bet there is one card you don’t have. Your rarest card is Lunar Knight, am I correct?”

Eric gloomily revealed his Moonstar Dragon.

“That’s-!” shouted the man. “Where did you get that card?”

Eric tilted his head downwards, choking on his words.

"It belonged to my father, Drake Uchiha," he lied.

“That’s the name of my master!” the man shouted angrily. "He never had that card in his deck!"

“Who are you anyway?” demanded Eric. "You seem to know a lot about my father!"

“I am the Dark general of the Dark Chasers. My name is Grant Yaidoc. And you must be Eric?”

“How did you know?!”

“My master told me about a child he had.”

“No! You’re wrong!" said Eric as he backed away in disbelief. "My father would never have raised a Dark Chaser! There’s no way!”

“Facts are facts, Eric. Face the reality of things.”

Grant snatched Moonstar Dragon from Eric, who tried to reach for it. The Dark Chaser general angrily kicked him away and drove off, blowing a cloud of dust at Eric.

At that moment, Garry came around the corner seeing only Eric with a dark look of despair on his face. He stepped out of his vehicle to find his friend lying on the ground weeping. Seeing the scattered cards on the ground, he immediately knew what had happened. As Garry sympathetically placed his hand on Eric's shoulder. Having lost his friend yet again, a brokenhearted Eric raised his head and gave a terrible cry of sheer agony. (…to be continued)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks a lot! In fact, you've just inspired me to post the next chapter!

[spoiler=Chapter 11]

Yu-Gi-Oh! D.T.

Chapter 11: Great Depression, The Lone Wolf

Trudging through the Dark Chasers' desert prison, the man in the black cloak threw a brunette inside a small cell. Grant ignored her clawing and screaming as he locked the door, only thinking one thing. Having confiscated her, or rather, Garry’s Terra Force Dragon, he had finally completed his mission. After many years of tedious work, he decided to celebrate by rewarding himself. Though he walked calmly as he would any other day, Grant's heart pounded with satisfaction. After hopping onto his black duel runner, he sped through the desert sand and into the highway. In his head, he imagined marching into the Sonic Burger restaurant, whose burgers he particularly enjoyed, and ordering a large house burger with a side of fries. Unfortunately, his daydream was cut off by a call from his boss.

“I heard you have all the dragons," said a deep, muffled voice. "Return to headquarters immediately.”

“Yes, sir,” grunted the general without objection.

Damn that bastard! he thought. I can't even have a burger or two once I finished my mission?! Of course not. That was how the Dark Chaser leader was like. He, or she, would attract workers with promises of glory and riches, and then work them to the point of exhaustion. There was never truly a break for them. In fact, the only time they had to relax was during a job. Despite these harsh hours, the worst thing about being a Dark Chaser was the boss himself. This ambiguous figure gave orders in the safety of headquarters, which is a hidden, underground facility below a seemingly innocent corporation building. No one knows their face or identity. Those members that had hired detectives to find the boss were never heard from again. Although nobody wants to work for someone they don't even know exists, there was something about the boss's voice that convinces them to do so anyway. That dark, monotonous voice shook fear into even the most courageous of people. For that reason, hardly anyone even thinks about disobeying the leader. For that reason, this omnipotent being has complete control of the most dangerous threat to mankind.

For the past two days, the only thing Eric had done was lay in bed. He was devastated at the continuous loss of his precious friend, Moonstar Dragon. It had been part of his childhood, and the key to his friendship with Garry. It was the sole savior in his life. But now, there was a large hole in Eric’s heart. Without his card, he felt as though there wasn’t a reason to live. Friendship, or dueling, or even life itself, had absolutely no meaning.

“Eric,” Mr. Glenston knocked, “Give me my rent already!”

“Please leave. I’m in no mood.”

“No mood?!" the gray-haired man exclaimed. "When I say I want rent, I want it now!”

“Seriously. Get out.”

“You dare tell your landlord to “get out” of his own property?!”

“I HAD ENOUGH OF THIS! SHUT THE f*** UP!”

Glenston stood outside Eric's door shocked, his eyes widened. He had always been pretty tough on Eric, but never had he been like this. He didn’t know what was wrong, but he did know that it wasn’t something he could easily solve.

“I didn’t mean to…” apologized the old man.

“I’m sorry, Mr. Glenston. I just need some time alone right now. Can you understand that?”

“Yeah, I got it. I’ll get my rent some other day.”

Mr. Glenston walked across the hall fretting. Not once has he fretted over one of the people living in the apartment before. Could this mean that he actually cared about Eric? He shook the horrid thought off and exited the building.

When he no longer heard footsteps, Eric fell back down on the bed and fell into a deep, dark slumber. At that moment, he had a dream. No, it was more like a vision. He was turbo dueling as usual, his hair blowing in the wind. Floating alongside him was his lifetime friend, Moonstar Dragon, glowing warmly. Suddenly, a large, demonic hand grabbed the creature and before he knew it, Moonstar Dragon was taken away from him. Eric looked up to find a giant Grant Yaidoc with his monster in his grasp. A shadowy, wolf-like figure approached Eric, glaring silently before ferociously howling and charging at him. The last thing he saw was a dark fang an inch away from his face.

Eric woke up. The night was dark and he felt unusually warm. As he sat up, he realized that he was drenched in sweat and that his cards were scattered everywhere on the floor. What was that wolf, he wondered. Unable to return to sleep after picking up his cards, Eric stepped out and took a moonlight drive.

Meanwhile, Garry worked on his research. Using government files, he found the man he was looking for. Grant Yaidoc: an orphan who was adopted by a mysterious man named Golo Lapod, who had no file. That was all the information on that man. Puzzled by this, Garry deeply pondered this riddle. He didn’t understand what was happening at all. Yawning quietly, he looked at the time. 12:59. Rubbing his exhausting eyes, he decided to yield to sleep. As he walked to his bed chamber, Garry remembered one important detail. Grant was a general of the Dark Chasers. They would have to have some type of profiling system to even locate the thief who had the Signer dragon. That must mean that these dragons had some strange tagging or code on them to easily locate them. Excited by this hint, he ran back to his computer to study his photographs of the Terra Force Dragon.

Eric took a couple laps around Highway 7, a rather round track. It was a good place for thinking. There were no twists or turns. Hardly any traffic. It was the ideal place to ponder deep thoughts, such as the dilemma Eric was facing. For some strange reason, a bright light was trailing him. The light was gaining in speed and eventually drove side-by-side with Eric. It turned out to be a duel runner driven by a man in a bright, glowing suit. The man suddenly bumped Eric on the side and knocked him to the edge. The blue machine scraped against the wall as Eric tried to re-balance. When he reached the center again, he instantly cut the man off. Both halted to a complete stop.

“What’s wrong with you?!” asked a vexed Eric.

“Nothing,” grinned the man. “I simply wanted to get your attention. The word’s getting around that ya got th' Nature dragon Moonstar Dragon. I wanna duel ya for it.”

“Hate to break it to you, but I lost it to another person. Why don’t you get it from him?”

“Wait a sec! Just cuz you don’t have y’r dragon dun mean ya ain’t got no other rare cards. Throw down with y'r ol' buddy Julio, yeah?”

“Fine. I still owe you for damaging my duel runner, anyway.”

“Field Spell Speed World 2 Activate! Turbo Duel, Acceleration!” both said at the same time.

[spoiler=Speed World 2]Both players gain 1 Speed Counter each Standby Phase. A player can activate the following effects during their Main Phase: remove 4 counters to deal 800 points of damage to your opponent for each Speed Spell in your hand, remove 7 counters to draw 1 card, remove 10 counters to destroy 1 card on the field.

Because Eric’s model was the latest in duel runner technology, so conveniently made by Garry’s company, he took the first turn.

“My turn!" Eric shouted as he drew a card from the deck holder on his left balancer.

SPC: Eric - 1 Julio - 1

"I discard Bright Star to Special Summon Moonlight Viking!"

[spoiler=Bright Star]Level 1

LIGHT/Psychic

ATK-500 DEF-0

If this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon it to your side of the field on your next Standby Phase.

[spoiler=Moonlight Viking]Level 5

LIGHT/Warrior

ATK-2200 DEF-300

You can discard 1 card from your hand to Special Summon this card from your hand. If you do, you cannot summon another monster this turn.

From a blue portal that formed beside Eric's vehicle, the leather-armored viking stepped out, holding its wooden axe menacingly.

"I set 2 cards face down. Turn end.”

“Mah turn!" laughed the man.

SPC: Eric - 2 Julio - 2

"I use th’ Speed Spell Angel’s Blessin'. This card lets me draw a card, with a little 2-counter cost."

[spoiler=Angel's Blessing]Remove 2 Speed Counters to draw 1 card.

SPC: Eric - 2 Julio - 0

"I s’mon th’ Tuner monster Tunnel Ferret."

As a hole appeared on the ground, a small, brown rodent leapt out, sharpening its claws.

[spoiler=Tunnel Ferret]Level 2

EARTH/Beast

ATK-600 DEF-1000

Once per turn, you can move this card to your Spell and Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell card during the Battle Phase. If you do this, return this card to the field in defense position during your End Phase.

"I set this card. Now, I send it to the Graveyard to Special Summon Ground Rat!"

Another rodent, this time larger, crawled out from a hole, baring its crooked teeth.

[spoiler=Ground Rat]Level 4

EARTH/Beast

ATK-0 DEF-0

You can destroy 1 Set card on your side of the field to Special Summon this card from your hand. If you do this, you can increase the level of a Tuner monster by 1.

"I act’vate its effect so Tunnel Ferret’s level goes to 3. Th’ ground crumbles under the boss’s feet. Shoot up from th’ depths of Hell! Synchro Summon! Tear ‘em to bits, Cave Bear Lord!"

The two animals split into glowing balls of light, streaming rapidly around Julio, creating a ring of light. The ring then rose into the air and a beam of energy shot out from both ends. As Eric turned around, he found a humongous bear, armed with two large, metal claws.

[spoiler=Cave Bear Lord]1 EARTH attribute Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner

Level 7

EARTH/Beast

ATK-2500 DEF-2300

Once per turn, you can cut a Beast type monster’s ATK in half until the End Phase to have it attack your opponent directly.

"Now, for th' effect! I cut mah bear’s attack in half t’ have it attack ya directly! Go, bear!”

“I activate my Trap card Double Spy!" announced Eric.

[spoiler=Double Spy]Negate all damage received this turn. You can Special Summon a Level 3 monster from your hand.

"This card negates all damage I take this turn and lets me summon a level 3 monster from my hand! I Special Summon the Tuner monster Moonlight Guard!"

When the beast ran at Eric, a ninja shot out from his Trap card. Intercepting the bear's claw swipe, the ninja was cut in half and shattered. Eric then slapped another monster onto his duel disk, causing another portal to form. This time, the armored knight carrying its silver shield emerged.

[spoiler=Moonlight Guard]Level 3

LIGHT/Warrior

ATK-0 DEF-2000

If your opponent’s monster attacks this card, all of your opponent’s monsters’ effects are negated. As long as every monster in your Graveyard is LIGHT attribute, this card cannot be destroyed in battle.

“Well, I’ll be derned! I set 1 and end meh turn!”

“My turn!" shouted Eric.

SPC: Eric - 3 Julio - 1

"During my Standby Phase, Bright Star is Special Summoned to my field!"

The glimmering ball appeared on the field, opening its crystal eyes.

"I summon the Tuner monster Moonlight Sorcerer in attack mode!"

A mage in a white robe materialized beside the yellow sphere, expertly swinging around its golden staff.

[spoiler=Moonlight Sorcerer]Level 4

LIGHT/Spellcaster

ATK-400 DEF-2000

This card gains 200 ATK for each LIGHT attribute monster on the field.

"I’m tuning my Level 4 Moonlight Sorcerer to my Level 1 Bright Star! The shining moon guides all to greatness. Glisten brightly in your elegance! Synchro Summon! Howl, Lunar Wolf!"

The shining orb and the robed sorcerer became two glowing balls of light, which came together to create a large ball. As it exploded in radiance, a silver wolf lightly equipped with white armor stood gallantly.

[spoiler=Lunar Wolf]1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner

Level 5

LIGHT/Beast

ATK-2000 DEF-1000

This card gains 100 ATK for each monster in your Graveyard. You can pay 1000 Life Points to Special Summon a monster from your Graveyard.

"Also, I’m tuning my Level 3 Moonlight Guard to my Level 5 Moonlight Viking. The shining moon guides all to greatness. Glisten brightly in your shining grace! Synchro Summon! Ignite, Moonst-“

Having completely forgotten that he no longer had Moonstar Dragon, Eric felt a longing to stop this duel and weep loudly to the world. But he had to continue the duel, for the sake of his pride.

“I activate my Equip Trap Shining Glow!" he screamed.

[spoiler=Shining Glow]Equip this card to a LIGHT attribute monster. It gains 1000 ATK and cannot be destroyed by card effects.

"I equip it to my Lunar Wolf, so its ATK becomes 3200! Lunar Wolf, attack Cave Bear Lord! Lunar Fang!”

“I act’vate mah Trap cerd Beastly Rampage!"

[spoiler=Beastly Rampage]Select 1 Beast type monster on the field. It gains 1000 ATK and DEF until the End Phase of this turn.

"Now, mah bear has 3500 ATK points! Go fer it, bear!"

Lunar Wolf, glowing brilliantly, charged at Cave Bear Lord, who roared with a new ferocity. Without hesitation, the bear struck Eric's monster with its claw, shredding it into pieces. (3700/4000)

“I switch my other monsters to defense mode. Turn end.”

“I reckon it’s mah turn!" chuckled the man arrogantly.

SPC: Eric - 4 Julio - 2

"I summon th’ monster Forest Beaver!"

An ordinary beaver flashed beside the bear, thumping its tail excitedly.

[spoiler=Forest Beaver]Level 1

EARTH/Beast

ATK-1000 DEF-300

If this card attacks a defense position monster, it is destroyed automatically without applying damage calculation.

"I activate mah bear’s effect on itself. Forest Beaver, attack Moonlight Guard! Cave Bear Lord, attack directly!"

The brown beaver scurried towards the armored knight and struck it with its tail, knocking it out the side of the road. Cave Bear Lord dash at Eric, who wailed when he was slashed by the bear's sharp claw. (2450/4000)

"I set 1 cerd and end mah turn!”

"My turn!" declared Eric, breathing heavily.

SPC: Eric - 5 Julio - 3

"I summon the Tuner monster Lunar Soul!"

The slightly larger ball of light descended from the sky, twirling around to reveal a pair of ruby eyes.

[spoiler=Lunar Soul]Level 2

LIGHT/Psychic

ATK-0 DEF-0

When this card is summoned, you can play a Trap card from your hand.

"I'm tuning my level 2 Lunar Soul with my level 5 Moonlight Viking! The shining moon guides all to greatness. Glisten brightly in your quest! Synchro Summon! Arise, Everbright Enchanter!"

The two monsters turned into pillars of light, which collided and became a single, large pillar, releasing light in each direction. As the glow faded, a robed sorceress stood beside Eric, casting a spell with its wand.

[spoiler=Everbright Enchanter]1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner

Level 7

LIGHT/Spellcaster

ATK-2600 DEF-2000

When this card is Synchro Summoned, return all removed from play monsters back to their owner’s Graveyard. This card gains 100 ATK for each monster in both players’ Graveyards.

"From its effect, my enchanter’s ATK becomes 2800! Attack Cave Bear Lord with Shining Beam of Radiance!”

“I act’vate mah Trap cerd Effect Swap! This gives mah bear th' effect of a monster in mah grave!"

[spoiler=Effect Swap]The selected monster’s effect is negated and it gains the effect of a monster in your Graveyard until the End Phase.

"I choose Tunnel Ferret! I move mah bear to mah Spell and Trap cerd zone and have it go back at th’ end of yur turn!”

The female mage pointed its wand at the bear and launched a blast of moonlight at it. However, just before it made contact, Cave Bear Lord dug a hole and fell inside, escaping the attack completely.

“I set 1 card. Turn end.”

“Mah turn!"

SPC: Eric - 6 Julio - 4

"I act’vate th’ effect of Speed World 2! I deal 1600 points of damage for these 2 Speed Spells in mah hand!"

SPC: Eric - 6 Julio - 0

While falling far behind his opponent, Julio's duel runner launched a streak of lightning at Eric, who lost his balance for a second before regaining it. (850/4000)

"Cave Bear Lord, direct attack!”

“I activate my Trap card Moonlight Stream!"

[spoiler=Moonlight Stream]Activate only when a monster declares an attack while you control a LIGHT attribute monster. The attacking monster is destroyed and removed from play.

The bear dashed in for another assault. Raising its wand again, Everbright Enchanter released a stream of light, destroying all traces of Julio's monster.

“Curses! I switch mah Forest Beaver to d’fense mode. I end mah turn!”

“My turn!" Eric said impatiently.

SPC: Eric - 7 Julio - 1

"Everbright Enchanter, attack Forest Beaver! I discard Radiant Moon from my hand to deal piercing damage! Shining Beam of Radiance!"

[spoiler=Radiant Moon]Level 2

LIGHT/Psychic

ATK-0 DEF-1800

During you Battle Phase, you can discard this card from your hand to have your attacking monster deal piercing damage this turn.

Empowered by the light of the moon, the sorceress incinerated the defenseless beaver. Struck by the radiance, Julio covered his face and growled. (850/1300)

"Turn end.”

“Mah turn!"

SPC: Eric - 8 Julio - 2

"I act'vate th' Speed Spell Blast Dynamite!"

[spoiler=Blast Dynamite]Remove 2 Speed Counters to destroy 1 monster on your side of the field. If you don’t control a monster, destroy 1 of your opponent’s monsters and deal damage to your opponent equal to half that monster’s ATK.

SPC: Eric - 8 Julio - 0

"This will destroy a monster on mah field. But cuz I dun got one, I gotta blow one of yurs and hit ya with half of its ATK points! I win!”

“I activate my Trap card Light of Hope!" screamed Eric.

[spoiler=Light of Hope]Tribute 1 monster on your side of the field to Special Summon 1 monster in your Graveyard with the same level or less.

"This card lets me tribute one of my monsters to summon another one from my Graveyard, as long as it's not of a higher level than the one I tribute. I sacrifice Everbright Enchanter to summon Lunar Wolf! Reappear!”

A shining circle appeared below the enchantress, who dematerialized in the light. Taking its place was the silver beast, angered and ready to attack at its full fury.

“Grrrrr. Turn end!”

“My turn!" shouted Eric.

SPC: Eric - 9 Julio - 1

"Lunar Wolf, direct attack! Lunar Fang!”

Suddenly, the wolf glowed brightly in such a way that Eric has never seen before. It held a more majestic form and gleamed like the real moon. Blasting at full speed, the wolf launched a dense beam of intense moonlight, striking the man in the bright suit, who screamed loudly. (850/0)

When the glimmer faded, Eric turned his vehicle around to check what had happened. To his horror, he found Julio on the ground holding an expression of sheer terror. His clothes were torn and the lights on the suit were scattered in pieces. His duel runner was on the other side of the road, damaged beyond repair. Eric didn’t know what to think. Hastily, he rushed home, terrified of the events that had occurred, and those yet to come. (…to be continued)

[spoiler=New Characters]

[spoiler=Julio]animeguy21.gif?t=1242022851

[spoiler=Accessories ]

[spoiler=Julio's Duel Runner]32168869.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Here is Chapter 12. Sorry for the wait. I've been on vacation for a while.

[spoiler=Chapter 12]

Yu-Gi-Oh! D.T.

Chapter 12: Passionate Burn, The Pride of the Lion

Eric sat at his bed shivering with intense fear. He had witnessed something, something supernatural. When he summoned his Lunar Wolf and attacked that duelist, a mystical wolf had appeared and all but killed the poor fellow. He had no idea what that power was and did not want to find out. He just wanted to forget everything that had happened. He stared intently at his deck. That was where all the trouble began, he thought. All this pressure, all the pain he had suffered, it was all due to his deck. Maybe I should just quit dueling, he said to himself. The very thought chilled his core. He loved dueling more than anything. How could he just leave his life’s very meaning? Eric threw his deck down, the cards scattering everywhere. Maybe I shouldn’t even be alive, he thought. He lay down on his pillow and wept himself to sleep.

Outside, Mr. Glenston stood worryingly. He couldn’t bear with Eric’s suffering any longer. Sure he didn’t like the kid very much, but having to endure whatever pain that brought him to tears was another matter. Suddenly, Garry walked over to Eric’s room and paused to look at Mr. Glenston. He smiled and whispered into his ear.

“Don’t worry too much. Eric is just like that. His innocence made him a great person, but not that strong of one. He needs to come in terms with the world and find the true meaning of his existence. Just be patient. It’s good to know that someone cares about him.”

“Who said I cared for him?” Mr. Glenston shot back. “I wouldn’t give a s*** about that kid if he were begging on the street! Who are you anyway? Are you his godparent or something?”

“Just a friend,” grinned Garry. “Whatever you say, just take my word.”

Garry casually walked out of the building and drove off on his duel runner, which was clearly repainted and waxed carefully. Mr. Glenston snorted and trudged off.

Though Garry acted confident, the incident had shocked him as well. He had seen the entire thing through the camera installed in Eric’s duel runner. That shining wolf seemed vaguely familiar. It was as if he had been drawn to it, like some kind of force was compelling him to go near it. Unfortunately, he had no idea what it was. After doing extensive research, Garry was still unable to discover what that was. Determined to find his answer, he headed towards the Atem Monastery to seek answers from some monks he had connections with.

The next morning, Eric thought that a brisk walk would cheer him up and so he quickly changed and drove to Phoenix Park. There was nothing like the silent breezes that gently flew by him, softly blowing his hair. The coldness of the morning was refreshing. He felt as if he were in his own universe. His mind was clear of his troubles. He could dance and sing in the light of the moon. However, those feelings were immediately eliminated when Eric witnessed a bully knocking a kid out cold. His friends laughed and laughed. This stirred an anger that reminded him of his experiences with bullies in school. He hadn’t had the nerve to stand up to them then, and so, he felt obligated to help any victim of bullying now. He ran up to the bully and punched him clean in the nose.

“How could you do something so mean?!” Eric inquired. “What did he ever do to you?”

“Stay out of this, bastard!” replied the bully. “That kid don’t ever mess with Blaze’s girlfriend, you hear?”

“Either way, this behavior is extremely unreasonable!” scolded Eric.

“That was a nice punch back there. Let Blaze beat you up. You gon’ never stand up again after what we do to you!”

“So you finish one and start on another? Is that how you bullies work?”

“Oh, so you label Blaze as a bully, don’t you? Well, newsflash, I ain’t no bully! Blaze just gon’ have some fun with his peeps, you hear?”

“So beating this guy up is fun to you? I’ll show you what that “fun” gets you into!”

“Ooh! Tough guy wants a piece of Blaze huh? You ain’t got nothing on me! But since I see you got that new duel runner, let’s duel. If I win, I get your duel runner, got it? But if I happen to lose, though I never do, I might let you go.”

“Alright, I accept!”

Eric reached for his deck but remembered that he had thrown it on the floor of his room in his frustration. He was afraid to duel. He didn’t want to hurt anyone like he did with that man.

“I…I,” hesitated Eric, “I don’t have my deck with me…”

“Ohh! Not so tough now, are you?!” laughed Blaze and his friends.

“I just can’t duel right now. I….I”

“You what? Tell you what, I can let you use this spare deck I have. Just because this is a pretty good deal I’m getting here.”

“I….I just can’t duel right now. I…I….I…..”

Garry drove in between the two.

“Don’t say it,” Garry said. “I’ll show you what you’re missing. I accept this match!”

“That’s also a sweet runner there. And it fits Blaze’s color too! If I win, I get both your bikes. No running away from this.”

“I wasn’t planning to,” replied Garry. “Get ready for the greatest burn of your life!”

“The burn is Blaze’s!”

“Duel!” both players shouted in unison.

“I think I’ll start this off!” Garry said. “I summon Fierce Swordsman in attack mode!"

The warrior in brown leather clothing emerged from a white portal, wielding its large broadsword.

[spoiler=Fierce Swordsman]Level 4

EARTH/Warrior

ATK-2000 DEF-1900

When this monster attacks, it loses 300 ATK.

"I set 2 cards. Turn end.”

“How pathetic! Blaze’s turn! I activate the Continuous Spell card Burn Healer! This card heals me 1000 Life whenever I take effect damage!"

[spoiler=Burn Healer]When you receive effect damage, gain 1000 Life Points.

"Now, I summon Commando Combustor!"

[spoiler=Commando Combustor]Level 5

FIRE/Warrior

ATK-2000 DEF-1000

When this card is in your hand, its level is reduced by 1. When this card is summoned, deal 1000 points of damage to your opponent and 2000 points of damage to yourself.

"Normally, when my card is summoned, you lose 1000 Life and I lose 2000. But, Burn Healer activates so we both only lose 1000!"

A fighter wearing a thick suit of red armor rose from a puddle of magma on the ground, wielding a pair of pistols. As it took a stance, it pointed its guns at both Garry and Blaze and shot a red laser at each. (3000/3000)

"Commando Combustor, attack Fierce Swordsman!”

“I activate my Trap card Extreme Combustion!" responded Garry immediately.

[spoiler=Extreme Combustion]All of your monsters gain 1000 ATK. At the End Phase, their ATK become 1000 less than the original ATK. During your next End Phase, they regain their original ATK.

"This card increases the ATK of my monster by 1000! Your monster is destroyed!”

As the armored fighter raised its pistols at Garry's monster, its target suddenly caught on fire and howled in pain. Fierce Swordsman charged at its foe, swinging its sword and slicing it in half. Commando Combustor shattered into small pieces. (3000/2000)

“Grr," growled Blaze, whose expression suddenly changed. "But my combo will still succeed! I Special Summon Avenger Combustor in attack mode from my hand!"

[spoiler=Avenger Combustor]Level 8

FIRE/Warrior

ATK-3000 DEF-1000

When a Combustor monster you control is destroyed, you can Special Summon this card from your hand and deal 1000 points of damage to both players.

"When Avenger is summoned, we both lose 1000 Life. But because of Burn Healer, you lose 1000 and I lose nothing!"

A large, muscular man covered in black, iron plates fell from a hole in the sky. Screaming wildly, it pointed two machine guns at Garry and shot a long barrage of bullets at him. Garry, unimpressed with his opponent's strategy, simply stood still without emotion. (2000/2000)

"Avenger Combustor, attack Fierce Swordsman!"

The man in black shot another long series of bullets, this time at Fierce Swordsman, who, unlike its master, shouted in agony and exploded in flames. However, before it was destroyed, the swordsman threw its large sword at Avenger Combustor, which pierced him through the heart and caused him to shatter.

"Since my Combustor monster was destroyed, I Special Summon another Avenger Combustor from my hand!"

The same man in black armor dropped onto the field, rapidly firing at Garry, who gritted his teeth. (1000/2000)

"Avenger Combustor, direct attack! I win!”

“Not so fast!" Garry hollered. "I activate my Quick Spell Burst into Flames! This will lower your monster's ATK by 800, prevent me from taking battle damage, and let me draw 1 card from my deck!"

[spoiler=Burst into Flames]Decrease the attacking monster's ATK by 800. You do not take any battle damage this turn. If the attacking monster is not destroyed in battle, you can draw 1 card.

Avenger Combustor raised its firearms at its enemy and was prepared to shoot, when suddenly, it caught on fire and fell to his knee, writhing in pain. This completely stopped his attack.

“I toss this baby face down," Blaze frowned. "Turn end!”

“My turn!" Garry shouted as he drew. "Eric, you taught me that you can’t try to finish off your opponent with destruction. Otherwise, you would lose the fun of the duel. I can’t change the flow of my deck. However, I can change my attitude about it! This guy and his burn deck will be defeated!”

“But how is that related?” Eric asked.

“Watch this! I summon Cinder Runner in attack mode!"

[spoiler=Cinder Runner]Level 1

FIRE/Beast

ATK-0 DEF-0

This card can attack your opponent directly. Each time this monster attacks, it gains 500 ATK. If it deals 0 damage to your opponent, they lose 1000 Life Points.

"Cinder Runner, direct attack!"

"Why would you do that? That little s*** has no ATK!"

"When it attacks you directly while it has 0 ATK," smiled Garry, "you take 1000 points of damage!"

The fiery hamster dashed at Blaze and rammed its head against his chest. Then, it erupted in flames, shocking him and causing him to step back in fear. (1000/1000)

"Since there is a Fire attribute monster on my side of the field, I Special Summon Blazing Sky in defense mode!"

[spoiler=Blazing Sky]Level 4

FIRE/Pyro

ATK-0 DEF-0

This card can be Special Summoned if there is a Fire attribute monster on your side of the field. As long as this card remains on the field, all Fire attribute monsters gain 500 ATK and DEF.

"Next, I activate the Equip Spell Aura of Fire and equip it to Blazing Sky This will increase its ATK by 500 and increase its level by 1!"

[spoiler=Aura of Fire]Equip this card to a Fire Attribute monster. It gains 500 ATK and 1 level.

"Since I have a level 5 monster, I Special Summon the Tuner monster Flame Soul!"

[spoiler=Flame Soul]Level 3

FIRE/Pyro

ATK-500 DEF-0

This card can be Special Summoned from your hand if there is a Level 5 monster on the field.

"I’m tuning my level 3 Flame Soul to my Level 1 Cinder Runner! A burning flame of the soul smolders brightly! Kindle the fire of wisdom! Synchro Summon! Ignite your flames, Master of Fire!"

The two material monsters transformed into two balls of fire, spinning around the field in random patterns. As they collided, the fiery spheres joined to form a single ball. All of a sudden, the ball exploded, flames shooting out in each direction. Walking out from a wall of fire was a strange creature with scarlet-colored fur, intricately designed armor, and a ragged cape.

[spoiler=Master of Fire]Level 4

FIRE/Spellcaster

ATK-0 DEF-0

As long as there is another face-up Fire attribute monster on your side of the field, this card is the only monster your opponent can attack. When you are about to take effect damage, increase your Life Points by the amount of damage you would take. When this card is destroyed, draw 1 card for every other monster on the field.

"This is my solution! I set 1 card. Turn end!”

“That was a nice speech!" Garry's opponent teased. "Blaze’s turn! I summon the Tuner monster Flag Combustor!"

A short and thin warrior in blue armor leapt out from a dimensional portal, swinging around a red flag.

[spoiler=Flag Combustor]Level 5

FIRE/Warrior

ATK-0 DEF-0

When this card is in your hand or on your side of the field, its level is decreased by 1. While this card is face up on the field, all monsters’ levels are cut in half.

"Flag Combustor becomes level 4 and cuts my monsters' ATK in half. That means Flag is level 2 and Avenger is level 4! An invincible fire burns harshly through the air! Ripple and annihilate the enemy! Synchro Summon! Flame of doom, General Combustor!"

The two monsters condensed themselves into fireballs, which aligned together vertically. A beam of red light shot in between them, growing larger and taller. Finally, when the light receded, a mighty warrior with heavy, green armor carrying a large bazooka stood valiantly before Blaze.

[spoiler=General Combustor]1 "Combustor" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner

Level 6

FIRE/Warrior

ATK-3000 DEF-1000

If this card attacks a defense position monster, deal piercing damage.

"I activate my Trap card Extreme Combustion! This is the same card you used against me, but Blaze's use of this will be much better than yours! My monster’s ATK is now 4000! Oh, did I forget to mention? My monster does piercing damage! Go General Combustor! Attack Master of Fire with Flamethrower Blast!”

“I activate my Trap card Burst Force!" Garry shouted. "This will negate all damage I take and destroy your monster at the End Phase!"

[spoiler=Burst Force]When a Fire attribute monster is selected as an attack target, negate all damage and destroy the attacking monster at the End Phase.

The general launched a rocket with a steaming tail at Garry's monster. However, a wall of fire stood in the way, slowing the rocket and softening the blow before Master of Fire was reduced to ashes.

“You boil Blaze’s blood! I activate the Quick Spell Combust Explosion!"

[spoiler=Combust Explosion]Tribute 1 level 5 or higher Combustor monster to destroy all cards on the field and deal 1000 points of damage to your opponent.

"Just by sending General to the grave, I can destroy all cards on the field and burn you 1000 Life! Since your monster is gone, you can’t negate the damage now! You lose!”

A huge explosion blew everything on the field into dust and nothing was left except ashes. However, as the smoke cleared, Garry's Life Points had not dropped and a warrior in Maracan clothing stood before him.

"What the hell just happened?!" asked a puzzled Blaze. "You're supposed to be dead!"

“When I'm about to take effect damage, I can Special Summon Eater of Flames from my hand! It also negates effect damage!”

[spoiler=Eater of Flames]Level 1

FIRE/Spellcaster

ATK-500 DEF-200

You can Special Summon this card from your hand to negate taking effect damage. You can decrease a monster you control’s ATK by 500 and its level by 1 to negate effect damage.

“But you had no cards in your hand!”

“That was true, until my Master of Fire was destroyed. I draw 1 card for each other monster on the field. Did you see that, Eric? That was the monster that showed me something important. It was inspired by you after all. In the toughest of situations, it is better to have a weak, but true friend than a strong partner.”

“What are you trying to tell me?” Eric asked, confused.

“I’ll answer it with this! My turn! I summon the Tuner monster Fry Cook of Fire!"

The chef engulfed in flames materialized onto the field, wielding its spatula.

[spoiler=Fry Cook of Fire]Level 4

FIRE/Warrior

ATK-1400 DEF-1000

Once per turn, you can tribute one monster you control to Special Summon 2 Fire Burger Tokens (Pyro type/ Fire/level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0).

"I tribute my Eater of Fire to Special Summon 2 Fire Burger Tokens! This is what will free you from your confusion! Behold my answer!”

“Answer to what?” asked an impatient Eric.

“My answer to this question! What does a duel mean to you? To me, a duel is a battle of passion and heart! A duel is a quest to overcome your weaknesses and become stronger! A duel is a challenge to break through your obstacles and honestly test your skills. And most importantly, a duel……IS A TEST OF WHETHER YOU CAN GET BACK UP AFTER YOU LOSE!”

Eric stared in awe at Garry’s words.

“I'm tuning my 2 level 1 Fire Burger Tokens with my level 4 Fry Cook of Fire! A burning flame of the soul smolders brightly! Kindle the fire of hope and justice! Synchro Summon! Roar proudly, Leoferno!"

The three monsters formed into three towering pillars of fire, which gathered into the shape of a triangle. Crackling loudly, the pillars collided, creating a single, large tower of flames. All at once, the tower erupted and blasted jets of fire in every direction. Blinded by the flames, everyone turned away. When everything cleared, the mighty lion, embodied by fire walked majestically on the field, roaring proudly.

[spoiler=Leoferno]1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner

Level 6

FIRE/Beast

ATK-2400 DEF-1800

If this card destroys a monster whose original ATK is greater than that of this card, deal 1000 points of damage to your opponent. When this card is destroyed in battle, you can deal 800 points of damage to your opponent or Special Summon a Fire attribute Tuner monster from your Graveyard.

"C-c-crap!" stuttered Blaze, his legs shaking with fear.

"Leoferno, direct attack! Flaming Pounce of Honor!”

A bright light shined from Leonferno. Suddenly, a fiery aura surrounded the beast as it pounced and knocked Blaze over, scattering his cards everywhere. (1000/0)

His duel disk melted away at the incredible heat of the monster. The light faded as the hologram projection faded. Everyone watched in horror at the spectacle that had just occurred. Screaming in despair, Blaze's friends ran away, afraid to end up like him. Garry, the least surprised, walked beside his friend.

“Do you understand now Eric? What is your answer?”

“How can you even ask such a thing?!” exclaimed Eric. “You just nearly killed a guy! The same thing happened to me yesterday!”

“I know. I saw the whole thing. Don’t worry about it. I doubt that he was severely injured. I have yet to find the answer to this riddle, but one thing is for certain. You must find your old self, or better yet, find your true self. I just proved that you don’t need a powerful dragon to win. Now raise your fist and continue the battle.”

“What are you talking about!” Eric asked angrily. “I thought you changed, but it looks like I was wrong. You’re just as cold and merciless as you were before!”

Eric ran back to his duel runner and drove towards home. Garry watched as he disappeared, his shock written all over his face.

“No,” Garry said to himself. “You’re the one who needs to change.” (…to be continued)

[spoiler=New Characters][spoiler=Blaze]war-of-genesis-3-episode-5-red-head-punk-wallpaper.jpg

[spoiler=Accessories][spoiler=Blaze's Duel Disk]dueldisk25.png

• 1 month later...

Yeah, the reason why I have not posted new chapters for a while is because I plan on posting them once I've completed the entire story, so that the rate at which I post them is more consistent. Yu-Gi-Oh! D.T. will be the first part of a trilogy where each story has 3 arcs. I definitely plan on going that far, no matter how long it takes.

• 4 months later...

Archived