COULD SOMONE PLEASE EXPLAIN

It's notation of card advantage.

For example say you have 1 face up monster. I play Lightning fortex. The discarded card + the lightning vortex = 2 cards. The cards I destroyed = 1. The net result is that I lost 2 cards while you only lost 1. I now have a -1 in terms of card advantage. All else being equal, that -1 means you have 1 more card than me. Does that make sense?

It's notation of card advantage.

For example say you have 1 face up monster. I play Lightning fortex. The discarded card + the lightning vortex = 2 cards. The cards I destroyed = 1. The net result is that I lost 2 cards while you only lost 1. I now have a -1 in terms of card advantage. All else being equal' date=' that -1 means you have 1 more card than me. Does that make sense?

[/quote']

Uh, that is wrong lightning is a +1 advatage, as you lose 2 cards from your hand., and he losses them from his field and it could be his ace card...

that means if it makes you discard a card or lose a card it's -1 and if it makes you lose two cards then -2 but if it makes you gain 3 cards n +3 AND IF IT MAKES YOU GAIN 1 CARD IT'S +1 AND SO ON.

I'm not sure if you fully understand. Let me try another example.

I play polymerization fusing 2 monsters in my hand. That's a total of 3 cards just to get 1 card in return. Meanwhile my opponent's cards have been completely unaffected. The net result is a -2.

Let's take smashing ground. Play smashing ground and it destroys 1 monster. It's a 1 for 1 trade, resulting in a 0 exchange of card advantage.

Let's take that same smashing ground example, only this time the monster being destroyed has an equip card attached. As a result, the monster and the equip card are destroyed. I traded my smashing ground for 2 of your cards. This gives me a net reult of a +1 for card advantage, meaning I now have 1 more card than you do, all else being equal.

Count how many cards you have to your opponents before you play a card, then after do the same. Example; -

Player A has 3 cards in hand, 1 Face up Monster, 1 Face down monster and a Set S/T. (Total = 6)

Player B has 3 Cards in hand and 4 Face up attack Position Monsters. (Total = 7)

The difference between 6 and 7 is -1 if you are Player A. So Player B has a +1 at the moment.

Player A activates Lightning Vortex and Discards Exiled force for the cost and Destroys all 4 of Player B's Monsters. Now let's re-run the advantage system.

Player A has 1 Card in Hand, 1 F/D Monster and 1 F/U Monsters as well as a Set S/T. (Total=4)

Player B has 3 cards in hand and an empty field (Total = 3)

Now player A has 1 more card than the opponent. To find out the advantage the Lightning vortex just gave you simply look at the advantage form before and find the difference to the new advantage

-1 if you are Player A.

So the difference between now and then is 2. So the Lightning Vortex just gained you a +2.

aaaaaaaaaah right thanks everyone ^_^

edit:wait what if you dicard necroshade dus it still cound as you losing a card due to the face that you really want him in the grave

or liek discarding treeborn?

Now you're making things too complex. There are good discard choices for lightning vortex, such as treeborn frog. But in terms of discussing strict card advantage of lightning vortex, the only specific card that should be mentioned is lightning vortex itself.

Cybernetic Dragon, you aren't understanding card advantage. Jar of Greed is a 0. You are expending 1 card (Jar of Greed) to draw 1 card. So, -1 + 1 = 0. Jar of Greed is useless unless you run an Exodia Deck or other such Turbo.

Lightning Vortex is automatically an inherent -2 from the beginning. If you destroy a monster with it, it becomes a -1. If you destroy 2, then it becomes a 0. If you destroy 3, it finally gives you card advantage (a +1). Lightning Vortex is good against Swarm Decks such as Zombies for this reason, but is often not a very good draw against decks with less speed.

but what happens if you use like 2 cards to destroy 1 REALLY powerful card wouldnt card advantace be negligable at that time

like back to square 1 it may be negative 2 but your opponents gets a total duff draw

?

The situation doesn't change to facts. Being a -1 doesn't automatically make a card horrible. If it has a good enough effect, it will still see play. It doesn't matter what card you destroy, a -1 is a -1. The only question is whether that -1 was worth it at the time.

Archived