ZACHY_SYKO'S (UN)OFFICIAL GUIDE TO CARD IMAGE PREPARATION

zachy_syko

Well, here's zachy_syko's (un)official guide to image preparation for cards. I know I've posted a guide like this before, but think of this one as a stictly Paint.NET guide and a big update! Enjoy!

NOTE: I am assuming you have the basic knowledge of how to use Paint.NET if you're using this guide, cause I'm not gonna lecture you on that!

BEGIN!

Have you ever noticed the blur when you sometimes directly upload cards to the YCM server? Well, here's the solution you've been looking for. Presenting....

ZACHY_SYKO'S (UN)OFFICIAL GUIDE TO CARD IMAGE PREPARATION

1. Download Paint.NET. I'm not gonna explain how to use Google...if you don't know then you shouldn't be using the Internet :)

2, Acquire the pictures which you need. It would be preferred for smaller dimension pictures (between 300x300 and 600x600) but if you must go larger, go larger!

3. Open up the picture you wish to edit in Paint.NET.

4. Please note that THE EXACT DIMENSIONS OF THE CARD PICTURES ARE 244 X 248 PIXELS SO REMEMBER THIS!!!

5. You can now either follow step 6a. or step 6b.

6a. Make a new canvas with the 244 x 248 pixel dimension. Cut the picture from the other tab and paste it. DO NOT EXPAND THE CANVAS!!! Use the little cirle thingys to resize the picture so you get the part you want inside the new picture. Now save the file as an output such as JPG or PNG. I'd use PNG if you want to do further editing on the picture.

6b. Go to image - resize and go to absolute size. Make sure "maintain aspect ratio" is ticked. If the picture has more width than height, change the height to the 248 value. If the picture has more height than width, set the width to the 244 value. Make sure "RESAMPLING" is set to Best Quality. Now go to canvas size and change the value to 244 x 248. Now anchor to

where you want the picture to be kept. Repeat the same save steps as "6a".

7. Upload and enjoy!!!

I hope this guide has helped all of you. If there's anything you're not sure about, feel free to Private Message me to have anything clarified!

Archived