Rituals are coming BACK! (16/16)

Let's bring rocks back! And make them go top tire with a classic mechanic, Ritual Summon! Behold, the Jizen Archtype! These cards are a standard elemental set including WATER, FIRE, WIND, and EARTH monsters. They base themselves around Ritual Summoning from anywhere (including the Graveyard) by removing, reusing, and reforming resources while applying a variety of powerful effects. They are all going to be of decent stats and will have a tendency to have some hand advantage. This [i]was[/i] a simple 15 card set, but now I might be adding some new support. Hope you all enjoy.

[color="#008000"]-1.) Jizen Temple
Field Spell
Once per turn, you can discard 1 card form your hand and send the top card from your Deck to the Graveyard to add 1 "Jizen" Ritual Monster and 1 "Jizen" Ritual Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.

-2.) Jizen Ritual - Cooling
Ritual Spell
This card is used to Ritual Summon "Frost-Stone Jizen". You must also Tribute monsters from your side of the field or hand OR banish monsters from your Graveyard whose levels equal 8 or more. Once per turn, while this card is in your Graveyard, if a "Jizen" non-Ritual Monster you control would be destroyed by battle it is not destroyed.

-3.) Jizen Ritual - Heating
Ritual Spell
This card is used to Ritual Summon "Metal-Bound Jizen". You must also Tribute monsters from your side of the field or hand OR banish monsters from your Graveyard whose levels equal 8 or more. Once per turn, while this card is in your Graveyard, if a "Jizen" non-Ritual Monster Card would be destroyed by a card effect it is not destroyed.

-4.) Jizen Ritual - Weathering
Ritual Spell
This card is used to Ritual Summon "Dust-Piece Jizen". You must also Tribute monsters from your side of the field or hand OR banish monsters from your Graveyard whose levels equal 8 or more. Once per turn, while this card is in your Graveyard, you can discard 1 Ritual Monster to draw 2 cards.

-5.) Jizen Ritual - Compression
Ritual Spell
This card is used to Ritual Summon "Crystal-Core Jizen". You must also Tribute monsters from your side of the field or hand OR banish monsters from your Graveyard whose levels equal 8 or more. Once per turn, while this card is in your Graveyard, you can discard 1 Ritual Spell Card to add 1 card from your Graveyard to your hand.[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]-6.) Frost-Stone Jizen
WATER/*8/Rock/Ritual/Effect
This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, "Jizen Ritual - Cooling". When this card is Ritual Summoned, banish up to 2 cards on the field. If this card leaves the field, add up to 2 banished cards that you own to your hand.
2500/2200

-7.) Metal-Bound Jizen
FIRE/*8/Rock/Ritual/Effect
This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, "Jizen Ritual - Heating". When this card is Ritual Summoned, destroy up to 2 cards on the field. When this card leaves the field, Special Summon 1 monster that was destroyed by this card (either by battle or card effect).
2800/1900

-8.) Dust-Piece Jizen
WIND/*8/Rock/Ritual/Effect
This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, "Jizen Ritual - Weathering". When this card is Ritual Summoned, return up to 2 cards on the field to their owner's hands. If this card leaves the field, return 1 card from your Graveyard to your hand (excluding "Dust-Piece Jizen").
2600/2100

-9.) Crystal-Core Jizen
EARTH/*8/Rock/Ritual/Effect
This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, "Jizen Ritual - Compression". When this card is Ritual Summoned, send up to 2 cards from your opponent's hand to the Graveyard. If this card leaves the field, draw up to 2 cards.
2700/2000[/color]

[color="#FF8C00"]-10.) Pearl Jizen
WATER/*4/Rock/Effect
When this card is Summoned, add 1 "Jizen" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. While this card is in the Graveyard, you can treat this card's level as 8 for the Ritual Summon of a WATER "Jizen" Ritual monster.
1600/1400

-11.) Ruby Jizen
FIRE/*4/Rock/Effect
If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 level 4 "Jizen" monster from your Deck. While this card is in the Graveyard, you can treat this card's level as 8 for the Ritual Summon of a FIRE "Jizen" Ritual monster.
1500/1200

-12.) Jade Jizen
WIND/*4/Rock/Effect
Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed, it is not destroyed. While this card is in the Graveyard, you can treat this card's level as 8 for the Ritual Summon of a WIND "Jizen" Ritual monster.
0/1900

-13.) Coal Jizen
EARTH/*4/Rock/Effect
You can send this card from your side of the field and 1 other "Jizen" monster from your hand to the Graveyard to draw 2 cards. While this card is in the Graveyard, you can treat this card's level as 8 for the Ritual Summon of a EARTH "Jizen" Ritual monster.
0/0[/color]

[color="#008000"]-14.) Ore Management
Quick-Play Spell
Send 2 level 4 "Jizen" monsters from your Deck to your Graveyard. Draw 1 card. If this face-down card is destroyed, add 2 "Jizen" monsters from your Deck to your hand.

-15.) Jizen Furnace
Continuous Trap
Each time a "Jizen" monster is sent to the Graveyard, activate 1 of the following effects: ● Special Summon 1 level 4 "Jizen" monster from your hand. ● Return up to 2 banished "Jizen" monsters to your Graveyard. ● Add 1 "Jizen" card from your Graveyard to your hand (excluding the sent monster).

-16.) Jizen Ritual - Core of Infinity
Ritual Spell
This card is used to Ritual Summon a "Jizen" Ritual Monster. You must also Tribute monsters from your side of the field or hand OR banish monsters from your Graveyard whose levels equal 8 or more. When the monster Summoned by this effect declares an attack, your opponent draws 1 card.[/color]

RATE/COMMENT/FIX/ENJOY! XD
[quote name='Tempest of Reach' timestamp='1306588061' post='5237338']
[color="#0000FF"] I like the lock off them, a new ritual archetype... and they are about rocks which I like straight away. [/color]
[/quote]

These guys aren't an actual "lock" theme, more of a field control theme with some hand advantage.

Question: Should I make more support?
[quote name='Tempest of Reach' timestamp='1306604844' post='5237803']
[color="#0000FF"] Typo (somehow) I meant to say LOOK not LOCK *headdesk* And you need to make a general Ritual card that can summon any off them but has a cost [/color]
[/quote]

Hmm...a general Ritual Card...BRB

EDIT: Card #16 is up.
[quote name='Tempest of Reach' timestamp='1306616500' post='5238238']
[color="#0000FF"]Can't attack and your opponent draw's two cards?

Isn't that a bit much?
[/color]
[/quote]

Well, you have the ability to Summon ANY Jizen Ritual Monster now, and they are pretty powerful. Maybe I should make it so that they can attack, but your opponent can draw 1 card?
Okay, it's been decided (by me) that this Set is officially over. Reason: The monsters are pretty powerful as they are. Without the large quantity of support cards, these guys are able to function pretty effectively with other "staple" cards as is. They don't need any SUPER boss monster as they are a control type already. In a way, these guys are ritual versions of Monarchs, with more ATK and DEF. Now I shall try and make them real cards.

Archived