Yu-Gi-Oh!:Hidden Legacy [Not Started/Accepting]

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a summoning system in development already. It doesn't have a fixed name - I was think Accent Summon, although I'm open to suggestions.

An Accent Monster is stored in the Extra Deck, has a gold-brown background, and has a Rank rather than a Level. When Accent Summoning, two key elements are required: One specific named monster face-up on the field, which is removed from play[i] face-down[/i], removing it from the rest of the duel altogether, and other monsters, either on the field or in the hand, which are sent to the Graveyard. The level of the other monsters must at least equal the Rank of the Accent Monster, although it can be higher, like for Rituals.

Once an Accent Monster is summoned, it replaces the monster removed to summon it - should it go to the hand or Deck, it will not return to the extra deck. If it does leave the field, it can be Special Summoned by any valid method, and can even be Normal Summoned or Set, should it return to the hand (in this case, it's Rank is treated as it's level.)

Quick Example. Not great, but should give the basic idea:

Mirage Warrior
Rank 5
Light/Warrior/Accent/Effect
"Doppelwarrior" + 1 or more monsters.
When this card is Accent Summoned; You can Special Summon any number of "Doppel Tokens" (Level 1/DARK/Warrior/ATK 400/DEF 400) in face-up Attack Position. Your opponent's monsters must target this card for attacks. When this card battles: You can Tribute any number of "Doppel Tokens" you control; increase the ATK of this card by the combined ATK of the Tributed monsters during the Damage Step only.
ATK 2000/DEF 2000

This monster would require at least 5 levels of monsters to send to the graveyard, as well as a face-up Doppelwarrior to remove.

Everything else is game mechanics - one quick note to say that Ranks are treated as Levels for Tribute Summons is the only thing that's not already covered.

RFG face-down is about the only way to ensure the monster cannot be retrieved at all. I can think of only two other cards that use it, both of which also use it as a risk factor (if they can't get it back, it's lost completely). The Accent Monster literally replaces the other monster in the deck, and thus the following applies: If an Accent Summoning of a monster was at least attempted, and the required material was removed for it, the Accent monster can be summoned again even if the summon was negated by cards like Solemn Warning or Royal Decree. However, if you used a card effect to remove an Accent Monster from the extra deck without attempting a summoning, it cannot be summoned, and it will return to the Extra Deck in the same way that Fusion/Synchro/Xyz monsers do.

I've seen that. It sort of threw me off because I came up with this idea and then saw that thread, which took the better name I had. It was that or Transcend, which I don't feel works as well. Still, unless you plan to include those as well the names shouldn't be a problem.

In practical terms this owes more to an 'evolution' mechanic that someone came up a long time ago, which also involved a bigger monster replacing a smaller one (but did it in a way I didn't like). I took the basic principle, combined it with the RFP f/d mechanic (which I think is cool, but is little-used), and then made the rest of the system to be comparable to Synchro and Xyz monsters.

Accent is growing on me, to the point where I'm actually happy with it now.

I think I've covered [s]as much as[/s] more than I need to. Does anyone have any more questions, objections, or any alternative card types?

Name: Desperado Perez
Personality: Cold, Dark, Silent
Deck/Decks: Arcana Force, Death Eye, Exodia
Duel Spirit: None
Bio: A dark seperated that was born into a cold and hateful family. He initially grew up hating everything except for one thing, Dueling. Using his Arcana Force monsters he collected Decks from people that he defeated. He loves to collect rare cards.
Turbo Bike: none
Other: Hates turbo duels because it is difficult to take cards from the opponent.

[quote name='Zetsu-plant' timestamp='1311142152' post='5371155']
Name: Desperado Perez
Personality: Cold, Dark, Silent
Deck/Decks: Arcana Force, Death Eye, Exodia
Duel Spirit: None
Bio: A dark seperated that was born into a cold and hateful family. He initially grew up hating everything except for one thing, Dueling. Using his Arcana Force monsters he collected Decks from people that he defeated. He loves to collect rare cards.
Turbo Bike: none
Other: Hates turbo duels because it is difficult to take cards from the opponent.
[/quote]
Sorry read the post above

Archived