The Arcanic Crusaders and the Arcanas

Killey

This is card set that I'm currently making based on the new concept of Tuner and Synchro monsters that are being released in Starster Deck 2008. In case you are unfamiliar with the concept I've copied and paste the info from yugioh wikia.

Synchro Monsters are a new Type of Monster Card to be released in Starster Deck 2008. The color of their card frame is white. These cards are included in the Fusion Deck.

Synchro Monsters require specific Tuner Monsters to be Summoned. When the total Level of the appropriate Tuner monster and the other monsters on the field matches the Synchro monster's Level, it can be Special Summoned.

The one thing wikia doesn't mention is that Special Summoning Synchro monsters is Arcanic Countertually called Advance Summoning, unless Konami changed it.

Monster Cards:

Monster-Delga.jpg

The Arcanic Crusader – Delga

Water/Warrior – Tuner

4 Stars

1800/1200

When this card is successfully Normal Summoned or Flipped Summoned, put 1 Arcanic Counter on this card (max 5). During each of your standby phases, put 1 Arcanic Counter on this card. By Tributing Arcanic Counters, apply the appropriate effect:

• 2 Arcanic Counters: Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower monster from your graveyard

• 5 Arcanic Counters: Special Summon “The Arcana – Azure Justice” from your graveyard, ignoring Summoning conditions.

Monster-Justice.jpg

The Arcana – Azure Justice

Water/Aqua – Synchro

7 Stars

2300/1300

“The Arcanic Crusader – Delga” + 1 Non-Tuner Monster

Advance Summoning of this card can only be conducted when the total Levels of the above monsters are equal to the Level of this card. When this card is successfully Advanced Summoned put all Arcanic Counters from “The Arcanic Crusader - Delga” onto this card (max 5). When this card is face up on the field, “The Arcanic Crusader - Delga” no longer accumulates Arcanic Counters. If “The Arcanic Crusader - Delga” is removed from the field, return this card to your Extra Deck during the End Phase. This card accumulates effects according to the number of Arcanic Counters on this card.

• 3 Arcanic Counters: Your opponent cannot Activate Spell cards from his/her hand and set Spell cards cannot be activated on the turn they were set.

• 4 Arcanic Counters: Once per turn, you can destroy 1 set card on the field.

• 5 Arcanic Counters: Negate and destroy the effects of your opponent’s Spell or Trap Cards that target this monster.

Monster-Zalren.jpg

The Arcanic Crusader – Zalren

Fire/Warrior - Tuner

4 Stars

1600/1800

When this card is successfully Normal Summoned or Flip Summoned, put 1 Arcanic Counter on this card. During your standby phase, put 1 Arcanic Counter on this card (max 5). By Tributing Arcanic Counters, apply the appropriate effect:

• 2 Arcanic Counters: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your hand or graveyard.

• 5 Arcanic Counters: Special Summon “The Arcana – Crimson Magician” from your graveyard, ignoring Summoning conditions.

Monster-Magician.jpg

The Arcana – Crimson Magician

Fire/Spellcaster – Synchro

8 Stars

2800/2450

“The Arcanic Crusader – Zalren” + 2 Non-Tuner Monsters

Advance Summoning of this card can only be conducted when the total Level of the above monsters are equal to the Level of this card. When this card is successfully Advanced Summoned, put all Arcanic Counters from “The Arcanic Crusader - Zalren” onto this card (max 5). When this card is face-up on the field “The Arcanic Crusader - Zalren” no longer accumulates Arcanic Counters. If “The Arcanic Crusader - Zalren” is removed from the field, return this card to your Extra Deck during the End Phase. By Tributing Arcanic Counters, apply the appropriate effect:

• 3 Arcanic Counters: Once per turn, you can destroy 1 face-up monster on the field.

• 4 Arcanic Counters: Once per turn, destroy 1 Spell or Trap card on the field.

• 5 Arcanic Counters: Tribute this card to destroy all face-up monsters your opponent controls.

Monster-Oruja.jpg

The Arcanic Crusader – Oruja

Wind/Warrior – Tuner

3 Stars

1300/1100

When this card is successfully Normal Summoned or Flipped Summoned put 1 Arcanic Counter on this card (max 5). During your standby phase, put 1 Arcanic Counter on this card. By Tributing Arcanic Counters apply the appropriate effect:

• 2 Arcanic Counters: Special Summon 1 Level 4 monster or lower from your graveyard.

• 5 Arcanic Counters: Special Summon “The Arcana - Emerald Hierophant” from your graveyard, ignoring Summoning conditions.

Monster-Hierophant.jpg

The Arcana – Emerald Hierophant

Wind/Warrior – Synchro

7 Stars

2200/800

"The Arcanic Crusader - Oruja" + 1 Non-Tuner Monster

Advance Summoning of this card can only be conducted when the total Level of the above monsters are equal to the Level of this card. When this card is successfully Advanced Summoned, put all Arcanic Counters from "The Arcanic Crusader - Oruja" onto this card (max 5). When this card is face-up on the field, "The Arcanic Crusader - Oruja" no longer accumulates Arcanic Counters. If "The Arcanic Crusader - Oruja" is removed from the field, return this card to your Extra Deck during the End Phase. By Tributing Arcanic Counters, apply the appropriate effect:

• 2 Arcanic Counters: Return 1 Monster card from your graveyard to your hand

• 3 Arcanic Counters: Return 1 Spell card from your graveyard to your hand

• 4 Arcanic Counters: Return 1 Trap card from your graveyard to your hand, the selected trap card cannot be set this turn.

• 5 Arcanic Counters: Select 1 Monster, Trap, or Spell card from your opponent’s graveyard. By Tributing this card, add the selected card to your hand. If you use it, you take 1000 points of damage.

Monster-Katzell.jpg

The Arcanic Crusader – Katzell

Earth/Warrior - Tuner

2 Stars

1000/500

When this card is successfully Normal Summoned or Flipped Summoned, put 1 Arcanic Counter on this card (max 5). During your standby phase, put 1 Arcanic Counter on this card. By Tributing Arcanic Counters, apply the appropriate effect:

• 3 Arcanic Counters: Special Summon up to 2 Level 3 or lower monsters, from your hand or graveyard.

• 5 Arcanic Counters: Special Summon 1 “The Arcana – Chariots of Silver” from your graveyard, ignoring Summoning conditions.

Monster-Chariots.jpg

The Arcana – Chariots of Silver

Earth/Warrior – Synchro

6 Stars

1800/2100

"The Arcanic Crusader – Katzell" + 2 Non-Tuner Monsters

Advance Summoning of this card can only be conducted when the total Levels of the above monsters are equal to the Level of this card. When this card is successfully Advanced Summoned, put all Arcanic Counters from “The Arcanic Crusader - Katzell” onto this card (max 3). When this card is face-up on the field, “The Arcanic Crusader - Katzell” no longer accumulates Arcanic Counters. If “The Arcanic Crusader - Katzell” is removed from the field, return this card to your Extra Deck during the End Phase. If this card attacks, it is changed to Defense Position at the end of the Damage Step. By Tributing Arcanic Counters, apply the appropriate effect:

• 1 Arcanic Counter: During your opponents Battle Phase, Tribute 1 Level 3 or lower monster to negate the attack of one monster.

• 2 Arcanic Counters: During your Main Phase, Tribute up to 2 Level 3 or lower monsters to Special Summon up to 2 “The Arcana – Chariots of Silver,” ignoring the Summoning conditions.

• 3 Arcanic Counters: During your main phase, Tribute all Level 3 or lower monsters on your side of the field to equip this card to a face-up “The Arcanic Crusader - Katzell” (only 1 “The Arcana - Chariots of Silver” can be equipped). Increase the ATK of “The Arcanic Crusader - Katzell” by the original ATK of this card. If “The Arcanic Crusader - Katzell” attacks with this card equipped, your opponent cannot activate any Spell or Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step.

Monster-ChariotDispersed.jpg

The Arcana – Chariot of Silver (Dispersed Armor)

Light/Fairy - Synchro

6 Stars

2000/800

This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of “Chariot of Silver Rescue.” When this card is on the field “The Arcanic Crusader - Katzell” does not Accumulate Arcanic Counters. If “The Arcanic Crusader - Katzell” is removed from the field, return this card to your Extra Deck during the End Phase. This card gains all Arcanic Counters that were on “The Arcana – Chariots of Silver” (max 3). Increase the ATK of this card by 300 for every Arcanic Counter on this card. This card can attack as many of your opponent’s monsters, as the number of “The Arcana - Chariots of Silver” Tributed for “Chariots of Silver Rescue.” During your 3rd Standby Phase, return this card to your Extra Deck and Special Summon as many “The Arcana – Chariots of Silver” that were Tributed for the effect of “Chariots of Silver Rescue.”

Monster-Corrupted.jpg

The Arcana – The Corrupted Chariot of Silver

Dark/Fiend - Synchro

6 Stars

2200/1600

This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of “The Arcana – Midnight Blue Strength.” When this card is Special Summoned successfully destroy all face-up “The Arcana – Chariots of Silver” in your monster zone. When this card is on the field “The Arcanic Crusader - Katzell” does not accumulate Arcanic Counters. If “The Arcanic Crusader - Katzell” is removed from the field, return this card to your Extra Deck during the End Phase. This card gains all Arcanic Counters that were on “The Arcana – Chariots of Silver” (max 3). This card accumulates effects according to the number of Arcanic Counters on this card.

• 1 Arcanic Counter: Equip “The Arcana – Midnight Blue Strength” to this card. While this card is equipped with “The Arcana – Midnight Blue Strength” the owner does not pay 500 Life Points during each of their standby phases, and “The Arcana – Midnight Blue Strength” does not accumulate Arcanic Counters. If this card is destroyed, destroy “The Arcana – Midnight Blue Strength.”

• 2 Arcanic Counters: This card can attack twice in the same battle phase. During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent’s Life Points.

• 3 Arcanic Counters: As long as this card remains face-up on your side of the field, your opponent cannot activate Trap Cards during the battle phase. If this card is destroyed, Special Summon 3 “The Arcana – Chariots of Silver” in the face-up attack Position.

Monster-Renaldo.jpg

The Arcanic Crusader - Renaldo

Earth/Warrior – Tuner

2 Stars

800/300

When this card is successfully Normal Summoned or Flipped summoned put 1 Arcanic Counter on this card (max 3). During your standby phase, put 1 Arcanic Counter on this card. By Tributing Arcanic Counters, apply the appropriate effect:

• 1 Arcanic Counters: Special Summon 1 Level 2 or lower monster from your hand or graveyard.

• 3 Arcanic Counters: Special Summon “The Arcana – Sienna Hermit” from your graveyard, ignoring Summoning conditions.

Monster-Hermit.jpg

The Arcana – Sienna Hermit

Earth/Plant - Synchro

4 Stars

1600/1200

“The Arcanic Crusader – Renaldo” + 1 Non-Tuner Monsters

Advance Summoning of this card can only be conducted when the total Levels of the above monsters are equal to the Level of this monster. When this card is successfully Advanced Summoned, put all Arcanic Counters from “The Arcanic Crusader - Renaldo” onto this card (max 3). When this card is face-up on the field, “The Arcanic Crusader - Renaldo” no longer accumulates Arcanic Counters. If “The Arcanic Crusader - Renaldo” is removed from the field, return this card to your Extra Deck during the End Phase. Apply the appropriate effect, by Tributing Arcanic Counters:

• 1 Arcanic Counter: Once per turn, you can select one monster that your opponent controls. Until your opponent’s next End Phase, the selected monster cannot attack or change its battle position.

• 2 Arcanic Counters: Place this card in your spell/trap zone. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, your opponent cannot declare an attack for 3 of their turns. At the end of 3rd turn destroy this card.

• 3 Arcanic Counters: During your main phase you may Tribute this card. During this turn, Monsters on your side of the field that include “The Arcanic Crusader” or “The Arcana” in their card names can attack your opponent directly.

Spell Cards

Spell-Barrier.jpg

Barrier of the Arcanas

Field

During each of your standby phases, put 1 Arcanic Counter on any card on your side of the field that is capable of accumulating Arcanic Counters.

Spell-Strength.jpg

The Arcana – Midnight Blue Strength

Equip

Increase the ATK of a monster equipped with this card by 300 points. If a monster equipped with this card destroys a monster as a result of battle, put 1 Arcanic Counter on this card (max 5). This card is not destroyed if the monster equipped with this card is destroyed. The controller of this card pays 500 Life Points during each of their standby phases. If they do not, destroy the monster equipped with this card. If a monster equipped with this card is destroyed, control of this card returns to the owner. During your main phase, select 1 monster on the field. By Tributing 1 Arcanic Counter on this card, equip this card to the selected monster. If this card is equipped to “The Arcanic Crusader – Katzell”, Special Summon 1 “The Arcana – The Corrupted Chariot of Silver.”

Spell-Arcana.jpg

Arcana Cosmos

Continuous

When a monster you control is destroyed, put 1 Arcanic Counter on this card. During your main phase you may Tribute this card to Special Summon a monster with "The Arcana" in its card name, ignoring Summoning conditions. Put the maximum number of Arcanic Counters on the monster Special Summoned by this effect. During your end phase remove the Special Summoned monster from play.

Trap Cards

Trap-ChariotRescue.jpg

Chariots of Silver Rescue

Normal Trapa

This card can only be activated when there is a face-up, "The Arcanic Crusader – Katzell" and at least 1 "The Arcana – Chariots of Silver" on the field. When a card with "The Arcanic Crusader" in it's card text is destroyed, Tribute all face-up "The Arcana - Chariots of Silver" on your side of the field to Special Summon the destroyed monster and the "The Arcana" written in the card name’s text, in the face-up attack position. If this effect is used when "The Arcanic Crusader - Katzell" is destroyed, Special Summon "The Arcana - Chariot of Silver (Dispersed Armor)."

These cards are awesome! Good OCG and the pics used really fit (I love the ones used in the Tuner cards)

Actually' date=' the OCG is not good, theres errors, or didnt you read my post lol

Still they are good cards ^_^

[/quote']

Lol, I don't think he even looked at the cards. XD You need to cap things like Tribute, Graveyard (not grave -_-), don't make short forms for counters (ACs), names need to be in quotes. Ex. "arpeejajo", "The Arcana – Azure Justice", etc.

Good cards though.

Thanks for the feedback. This set is still incomplete and I still have a lot of cards to create to complete this set and I hope you've enjoyed what I have created so far. To address some of the feedback:

I'm know that Synchro monsters use White Borders. Unfortunately, Yugioh Card Maker doesn't provide a White Border theme for me to use. So until then the closest thing that fits is the Purple Fusion Border.

I only shorthanded Arcanic Counters, Graveyard, etc... because I was trying to get the card text to be visible on the card. Obviously, even with my short forms the card text is still not visilbe.

I've revamped the card text to fix the grammar issues that I can spot, as well as fit the OCG card text format. Please review them and let me know about any other errors you see.

Putting the original grammar and OCG text issues aside, what are your opinions of the effects and format of these cards? Does anything appear to be broken or abusable? Any suggestions on how I can improve these cards. Also, I need some assistance in fixing the card text for "Chariots of Silver Rescue." As it is right now, the card text is far too wordy and needs some serious improvement.

Dj-Osiris:

Which pictures in general do you have an issue with? Personally, I'm not liking the image I used for "The Arcana - Midnight Blue Justice" because I couldn't find an image that fits the idea I have for it. If I had the time, I would have hand drawn the images for the cards.

Okay, so the background (still not satisfied with the background but I can't seem to find a good ice/abyss water background) has been changed in justice and the logo removed. The logo in Hierophant has been removed. There isn't anything I can really do to Chariots of Silver Rescue since the image incorporates the characters I used for the Chariots of Silver monster card. Until I find time to actually hand draw these cards it'll have to do.

Putting the aesthetics aside, I'm more concerned about the actual feedback regarding the effects and theme of the cards. You guys have helped with fine tuning the wording but I want some actual constructive feedback on the theme of this set. What's good? What's not? What's broken? What's boring? and why? That's what I'm really looking for.

Archived