How to make Custom, Custom Cards!

BFG Studios

This guide was written on 7/16/11
[u][b]NOTE:[/b][/u] This tutorial was tested in "[b][color="#0000FF"]G[/color][color="#FF0000"]o[/color][color="#FFA500"]o[/color][color="#0000FF"]g[/color][color="#008000"]l[/color][color="#FF0000"]e[/color] Chrome[/b]"

[b][u]Not using [i]Google Chrome[/i]?[/u][/b]: If you are using a different browser, you can use the links provided by going to "My "Stardust Dragon" Custom Card by Default" > "Long URL for People to Use" ([b]NOTE[/b]: Highlight the WHOLE link and then Copy/Paste it... This website didn't make the whole link the website)
You could choose to do that, OR ask around the forum for tips!

[u][b]On to the Tutorial![/b][/u]
1. Create your Custom Card in the YCM website: http://www.yugiohcardmaker.net/ or find any image of a good Custom Card you like.

2. Right click on the Custom Card and select "Copy image". [b]DO NOT[/b] select "Copy image URL". (Refer to the "Not using [i]Google Chrome[/i]?" message above if you're on a different browser)

3. Right click or [u]Ctrl+V[/u] to "[b]Paste[/b]" your copied text into the URL Text Box (or "Omni-bar" as Google Chrome likes to call it) OR into a Text Editing Program such as "[i]Notepad[/i]".
[spoiler=My "Stardust Dragon" Custom Card by Default][img]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4293/390021q.jpg[/img]
[spoiler=Long URL for People to use ... WARNING: The YCM Forums did not shorten this URL and will MOST LIKELY expand your screen.][size="1"]http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/ycmaker/createcard.php?name=Stardust%20Dragon&cardtype=Synchro&subtype=effect&attribute=Wind&level=8&magictraptype=None&rarity=Common&picture=http://images.wikia.com/myyugiohdeck/images/1/12/Stardust_assault_mode.jpg&set1=DP08&set2=EN014&inset=true&type=Dragon&description=1%20Tuner%20%2B%201%20or%20more%20non-Tuner%20monsters%0AYou%20can%20Tribute%20this%20card%20to%20negate%20the%20activation%20of%20a%20Spell%20Card%2C%20Trap%20Card%2C%20or%20Effect%20Monster's%20effect%20that%20destroys%20a%20card(s)%20on%20the%20field%2C%20and%20destroy%20that%20card.%20If%20you%20negate%20an%20effect%20this%20way%2C%20you%20can%20Special%20Summon%20this%20card%20from%20your%20Graveyard%20during%20the%20End%20Phase.&circulation=1st%20Edition&atk=2500&def=2000&creator=KAZUKI%20TAKAHASHI&year=1996&serial=44508094[/size][/spoiler][/spoiler]
4. Edit the following pieces of text as you please:

[spoiler=1. Name]
-- [font="Courier New"]name=Stardust%20Dragon[/font]
---- DO NOT change the "name=" part of the code. Change the parts after that to anything you want. Keep in mind: If you want SPACES, put the "%20" in the code.
---- I'll change the name to "Stardust Awesome Dragon" by typing "[font="Courier New"]name=Stardust%20Awesome%20Dragon[/font]"
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=2. Summoned Type]
-- [font="Courier New"]&cardtype=Synchro[/font]
---- DO NOT change the "&cardtype=" part of the code. Change the part after that to either "Normal", "Effect", "Fusion", "Ritual", "Synchro", "[b]Token[/b]", "Spell", or "Trap".
------ I'm surprised that Token is an option because it isn't an option in YCM
---- I'll change it to a Fusion Card by typing "[font="Courier New"]&cardtype=Fusion[/font]"
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=3. Card Sub-Type]
-- [font="Courier New"]&subtype=effect[/font]
---- DO NOT change the "&subtype=" part of the code. Change the part after that to WHATEVER you want.
---- I'll change mine to "[font="Courier New"]&subtype=Awesome[/font]"
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=4. Card Attribute]
-- [font="Courier New"]&attribute=Wind[/font]
---- DO NOT change the "&attribute=" part of the code. Change the part after that to either "Light", "Dark", "Earth", "Wind", "Fire", "Water", or "Divine". You can remove the icon completely by entering something else.
---- I am going to have it removed by typing "[font="Courier New"]&attribute=Other[/font]"
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=5. Monster Level]
-- [font="Courier New"]&level=8[/font]
---- DO NOT change the "&level=" part of the code. Change the part after that to ANY number you want. Keep in mind, though, the lower the number, the lower amount of energy you're using. Putting the number anywhere below 1 will remove all Stars.
---- I'll break the rules and make this card a Level 13!! by changing the code to "[font="Courier New"]&level=13[/font]"
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=6. Spell/Trap Type]
-- [font="Courier New"]&magictraptype=None[/font]
---- DO NOT change the "&magictraptype=" part of the code. Change the part after that to any of the "Trap/Magic Type's" that are already in the YCM. If you want a big space where the icon would be, type in anything other than what the YCM already has. This will only be visible if you are making a Spell/Trap card, and I am not making one of those.
---- But, I'll change it anyway to "[font="Courier New"]&magictraptype=Field[/font]"
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=7. Rarity]
-- [font="Courier New"]&rarity=Common[/font]
---- DO NOT change the "&rarity=" part of the code. Change the part after that to any of the "Card Rarity's" that are already in the YCM. The card's text will automatically become Black if you type in anything other than what YCM's default options are.
---- I'll change this card to an Ultra Rare card (Gold Text) by typing "[font="Courier New"]&rarity=Ultra%20Rare[/font]"
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=8. Card Picture]
-- [font="Courier New"]&picture=http://images.wikia.com/myyugiohdeck/images/1/12/Stardust_assault_mode.jpg[/font]
---- DO NOT change the "&picture=" part of the code. Change the part after that to any picture URL. The picture is obviously what people will see in the center of your card.
---- I am NOT changing the picture, so oh well...
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=9. Set - ID]
-- [font="Courier New"]&set1=DP08&set2=EN014[/font]
---- DO NOT change the "&set1=" or "&set2=" parts of the code. Change the parts after those to be anything you want! Set1 controls the Set in which your card is placed. Set2 controls the Text of the card in your Set.
---- I'm going to break the 5-Char. limit and make my own Set by typing "[font="Courier New"]&set1=OWNAGE&set2=BLAH123[/font]"
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=10. Set Placement]
-- [font="Courier New"]&inset=true[/font]
---- DO NOT change the "&inset=" part of the code. This statement is likely to make sure the card you created is in your YCM Set. This piece of code does not apply to making your own Custom, Custom card; so do not worry about needing to change it; just leave it alone!
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=11. Card Type]
-- [font="Courier New"]&type=Dragon[/font]
---- DO NOT change the "&type=" part of the code. Change the part after that to any piece of text you want to make your own or use a default Type of monster!
---- I am going to make this card a Super Custom Dragon by typing "[font="Courier New"]&type=Super%20Custom%20Dragon[/font]"
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=12. Description/Lore]
-- [font="Courier New"]&description=[/font]
---- DO NOT change the "&description=" part of the code. Change the part after that to whatever you want your effect to be. I did not show the whole effect here because that would take up too much space. Just keep in mind: Type "%20" in the code whenever you want a space.
---- I am not going to change the Lore of the card.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=13. Circulation/Edition]
-- [font="Courier New"]&circulation=1st%20Edition[/font]
---- DO NOT change the "&circulation=" part of the code. Change the part after that to make any circulated card you want. Note: This feature is basically already in the YCM and could be skipped.
---- I am going to change my card to a Super Amazing Custom Card Edition by typing "[font="Courier New"]&circulation=Super%20Amazing%20Custom%20Card%20Edition[/font]"
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=14. ATK / DEF]
-- [font="Courier New"]&atk=2500&def=2000[/font]
---- DO NOT change the "&set1=" or "&set2=" parts of the code. Change the parts after those to be any ATK or DEF you want!
---- I'm going to break the 4-Char. limit and make this card the most powerful card EVER (A Lv13 card should be powerful, right?)! I'll do this by typing "[font="Courier New"]&atk=32587&def=90909[/font]"
(Keep in mind: If you do go over the 4-Char. limit... Text will overlap)
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=15. Other Final Functions]
-- [font="Courier New"]&creator=KAZUKI%20TAKAHASHI&year=1996&serial=44508094[/font]
---- DO NOT change the "&creator=", "&year=", or "&serial=" parts of the code. Change the parts after those to be anything you want! These features already exist in the YCM, but they have their limits. These functions do as what you think they would do.
---- I AM the creator of this card, 1996 is NOT the year now, AND I will make my OWN serial number (with letters)!! I will do this by typing "[font="Courier New"]&creator=BFG%20Studios&year=2358763&serial=2895346587lol534756783478[/font]"
[/spoiler]

5. Enter the final product into a URL Text Box in a Browser. Save your custom card as a .JPG file and upload it to any photo-uploading site (I recommend "[i]Photobucket[/i]" or "[i]Image Shack[/i]")

6. Post your awesome new Custom, Custom Card to the internet!

[spoiler=Time to See the Final Product!!!][IMG]http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb455/BFGstudios/CustomCustom.jpg[/IMG]
[spoiler=Long URL for People to use ... WARNING: The YCM Forums did not shorten this URL and will MOST LIKELY expand your screen.]
[size="1"]http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/ycmaker/createcard.php?name=Stardust%20Awesome%20Dragon&cardtype=Fusion&subtype=Awesome&attribute=Other&level=13&magictraptype=Field&rarity=Ultra%20Rare&picture=http://images.wikia.com/myyugiohdeck/images/1/12/Stardust_assault_mode.jpg&set1=OWNAGE&set2=BLAH123&inset=true&type=Super%20Custom%20Dragon&description=1%20Tuner%20%2B%201%20or%20more%20non-Tuner%20monsters%0AYou%20can%20Tribute%20this%20card%20to%20negate%20the%20activation%20of%20a%20Spell%20Card%2C%20Trap%20Card%2C%20or%20Effect%20Monster's%20effect%20that%20destroys%20a%20card(s)%20on%20the%20field%2C%20and%20destroy%20that%20card.%20If%20you%20negate%20an%20effect%20this%20way%2C%20you%20can%20Special%20Summon%20this%20card%20from%20your%20Graveyard%20during%20the%20End%20Phase.&circulation=Super%20Amazing%20Custom%20Card%20Edition&atk=32587&def=90909&creator=BFG%20Studios&year=2358763&serial=2895346587lol534756783478[/size]
[/spoiler][/spoiler]
Time spent writing this tutorial: 1 hour, 45-ish minutes.

See any errors? Tell me!
Have any questions? Ask!
Are you confused? It's ok...

Hope you enjoy your Custom, Custom Cards! :D

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived