FTK/OTK: Discussion

Guest Chaos Pudding

For the most part, OTKs are very harmful to the game, correct? DDT is the only one I can think of that isn't just lucksack, and even it is too lucksackish. So I propose that any card found to be intergal to an even half effective OTK be banned. Demise has gone on long enough. And don't even get me started on FTKs.

inb4SWEETDELICIOUSTEARS,GodGAK's"lolSPAM",or"lulzujustdonlikgudcardz"

How many cards would we need to ban for that?

Chain Material (Actually, this really deserves banning)

Gigaplant (Yay, let's kill plant/insect decks just when they were starting to not suck as much as they used to)

Demise, the King of Armageddon (Not worth banning)

Chimeratech Overdragon (Actually, this really deserves banning)

Evil Hero Dark Gaia (Not worth banning)

Dark Magician of Chaos (Actually, this really deserves banning)

Destiny Hero - Diamond Dude (lolwut, this is banworthy?)

Card of Safe Return (Actually, this really deserves banning)

Ojama Trio (Again, lolwut?)

Fairy Box (lolwut-tastic)

Machine Duplication (LOLWUT)

Delta Attacker (This is getting ridiculous)

Shield and Sword (Okay, this is REALLY getting ridiculous)

Staunch Defender (Um...)

Dark Armed Dragon (Actually, this really deserves banning)

Great Shogun Shien (Let's randomly kill Six Samurai, just in case of the legendary FTK hand)

Spell Economics (Yes, even without DMoC, it can still OTK)

Rainbow Dark Dragon (Even though his OTK sucks)

King of the Skull Servants (LOLWUT)

I'm stopping here. No policy that requires King of the Skull Servants to be banned for being overpowered makes any sense whatsoever.

For the most part' date=' OTKs are very harmful to the game, correct? DDT is the only one I can think of that isn't just lucksack, and even it is too lucksackish. [b']So I propose that any card found to be intergal to an even half effective OTK be banned.[/b] Demise has gone on long enough. And don't even get me started on FTKs.

inb4SWEETDELICIOUSTEARS,GodGAK's"lolSPAM",or"lulzujustdonlikgudcardz"

65588803vd4.png

I'm not even going to try...

Guest Chaos Pudding

Note where I said "halfway effective"? You can't possibly suggest that any OTK that uses Fairy Box or King of the Skull Servents is effective? I thought that Reasoning/Monster Gate were bigger parts of DDT than Diamond Dude itself. Same with a lot of other OTKs, to be quite honest. And the SixSam FTK hardly counts, as the deck isn't focused on that sole aspect.

Chimeratech shouldn't be banned. It is easily countered and stop saying like "ban this card or ban that card". it is UDE's decision but i think that the cards to be banned are gonna be from PTDN

Without Chimeratech' date=' they can return Overload Fusion to Unlimited status.

Note where I said "halfway effective"? You can't possibly suggest that any OTK that uses Fairy Box or King of the Skull Servents is effective?

King of the Skull Servants x 2 + Opti-Camouflage Armour x 2

Fairy Box + Stone Statue of the Aztecs + Canyon (lulz 3 cards)

Guest Chaos Pudding

Chimeratech shouldn't be banned. It is easily countered and stop saying like "ban this card or ban that card". it is UDE's decision but i think that the cards to be banned are gonna be from PTDN

Without Chimeratech' date=' they can return Overload Fusion to Unlimited status.

Note where I said "halfway effective"? You can't possibly suggest that any OTK that uses Fairy Box or King of the Skull Servents is effective?

For the King OTK, you forgot that you need 3 Skull Servants and another King in the Grave, so even Semi-Limiting King solves that. And again I'm back to the issue of effectivness.

For the King OTK, you forgot that you need 3 Skull Servants and another King in the Grave, so even Semi-Limiting King solves that. And again I'm back to the issue of effectivness.

Okay, so maybe the Skull Servent OTK isn't exactly the most effective. You're still going to have to ban Fairy Box, Machine Duplication, Shield and Sword, Delta Attacker, and a bunch of other cards that are far from overpowered.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Can any of those OTKs have a deck built around them? That's what I should have specified in my OP. If they are effective OTKs, then why aren't they being used more?

Sheesh... I can't believe I'm going to try but...

Can any of those OTKs have a deck built around them? That's what I should have specified in my OP. If they are effective OTKs' date=' then why aren't they being used more?

[/quote']

Because most of the OTK's are hard to pull of. Meanwhile, your opponent would already know what you trying to, trying to counter it and counter it most of the time with succes.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Sheesh... I can't believe I'm going to try but...

Can any of those OTKs have a deck built around them? That's what I should have specified in my OP. If they are effective OTKs' date=' then why aren't they being used more?

[/quote']

Because most of the OTK's are hard to pull of. Meanwhile, your opponent would already know what you trying to, trying to counter it and counter it most of the time with succes.

So what you are saying is that no one runs them because they are hard to pull off? Therefor, they aren't effective, and as such do not deserve banning.

That one doesn't work. The effect of double battle damage can only be gained once. And this OTK sucks anyways because even if you use Staunch Defender while your opponent has more monsters, you need to flip right. So to make a big chance of making it work, you would also need Second Coin Toss.

Guest Chaos Pudding

So basically my point of banning cards that are needed to pull off effective OTKs stands. Although just banning 1 card should be enough, as is Limiting/Semi-Limiting ones that need more than 1 copy of each card.

How is Chimeratech a good card? If your gadgets can't win without it' date=' your a lousy player, and seriously, how do you lose to Chimeratech anyway? There's countless cards to counter it.

[/quote']

Who said Chimeratech was a good card? If you're referring to my suggestion that it be banned, that's because banning it would permit Overload Fusion to go back up to 3.

How is Chimeratech a good card? If your gadgets can't win without it' date=' your a lousy player, and seriously, how do you lose to Chimeratech anyway? There's countless cards to counter it.

[/quote']

Who said Chimeratech was a good card? If you're referring to my suggestion that it be banned, that's because banning it would permit Overload Fusion to go back up to 3.

Oh Ok. Though it would probably just be better to limit RFTDD and unlimit overload.

That one doesn't work. The effect of double battle damage can only be gained once. And this OTK sucks anyways because even if you use Staunch Defender while your opponent has more monsters' date=' you need to flip right. So to make a big chance of making it work, you would also need Second Coin Toss.

[/quote']

You really want the entire duel to hinge on the balance of the flip of a coin?

DDT is luck; but it's a collection of skillful plays that leads to the luck aspect of the deck. You probably won't can't mill anymore but still don't have D-fusion/haven't mass summoned via DDM or something.

The other OTKs are just a more blatant "collect pieces and win".

And with demise, its like you have 2-3 of each piece decked.

3 demise

3 Ara

3 dozer

x amount of filler to dump with ARA, and bring stuff to hand

Dimension fusion, megamorph, and prem at x1 each for the win.

Now isn't it nice when you can pull everything you need in one hand?

Archived