In the Shadow of Legends [OoC / Not Started / Accepting]

Quiksilver

[center][img]http://i41.tinypic.com/30sjdy0.png[/img][/center]

[left]Hey, YCMers! It's Quiksilver, back with an all new RP. This time, I'll be focusing on the [i]Pokemon Ranger[/i] series, which hopefully won't deter you! Pokemon Ranger has gotten a pretty bad rap from all the bad DS games in the series, but I think it's a solid idea and could be loads of fun to RP. Hopefully, you'll agree, and give it a chance after reading through my plot and all the other stuff I have going on for this RP.[/left]

[left]You'll take the role of a Pokemon Ranger, fresh out of school and on his way to his/her first job as a Ranger. You'll be accompanied by your Partner Pokemon and your fellow Rangers. Threats abound in the dangerous land of Pokemon, but so too do the opportunities and wonders. Dark forces are closing in on people and Pokemon everyone, and it's going to be up to you and your fellow Rangers to stop them. But are the Pokemon Rangers safe from being tainted by darkness themselves?[/left]

[left]Welcome to my RP, and hopefully you enjoy yourself![/left]

[left][spoiler=Plot]The land that Pokemon roam never was very peaceful. Ever since Arceus was born, darkness has exists, gnawing at the edges of the civilization that Pokemon and people have strove so hard to build and maintain. Criminal organizations such as Team Rocket, Plasma, Dim Sun - all have tried and failed to destroy civilization as it is known now. But there are those that stand in their way - Pokemon Rangers.[/left]

[left]The Pokemon Ranger Union is the one force that holds back such darkness, keeping the fire of hope burning even in the PokeWorld's darkest times. They protect both Pokemon and people from dangers like wildfires, tsunamis, and other natural disasters. But they don't just handle environmental problems. No, Pokemon Rangers are also our first line of defense against people, and Pokemon, who wish to cause this world ill.[/left]

[left]Pokemon Rangers do not operate using normal methods. They use something known as a "Capture Styler", created by Professor Hastings and updated by Professor Meadow, which allows them to bond with wild Pokemon and become friends with them, allowing them to use their powers for a limited time. But, first and foremost, Rangers believe in keeping nature how it is - they release the Pokemon that they bond with after a period of time, after they no longer need those Pokemon's help, allowing things to go on normally. The only exception to this is a Ranger's Partner Pokemon - a Pokemon that has bonded so much with a Ranger it goes everywhere they go, assisting the Rangers as they try to maintain peace all across the world.[/left]

[left]And, so far, it has worked. Time and time again, Pokemon Rangers have managed to avert crises and allow the world to continue on peaceably. But a threat is brewing, all across the land. Dark forces are stirring, awakened by a man who wishes to see the world burn. And, this time, the Pokemon Rangers might not be able to stop them - for the threat taints even the Ranger Union itself, and no one knows who to trust.[/left]

[left]But there is still hope. Some Rangers remain pure, remain strong and stand against the dark opposition. They will need all their strength, all their courage, and all of their friends if they are to overcome the darkness set against. They are our last hope against the darkness, a light shining through and through. And these Rangers...are you.[/left]

[left]You have no idea about the destiny that awaits you, but you shall, in time. Fresh from Ranger School, you and your classmates are on your way to your first job as a Ranger, in a far away outpost in a little-known land called Solaca. You have no idea what awaits you there - the sadness, the happiness, the fear, the courage, the trials and the tribulations. But you shall. Soon. This is...[/left]

[center]In the Shadow of Legends.[/center]
[left][/spoiler][/left]

[left][spoiler=The PokeWorld][/left]
[left][u][b]The Starting Location:[/b][/u][/left]

[left]The PokeWorld is the setting for my RP, and as it stretches on, you will visit all the regions of the Pokemon games. To start, however, you'll be in a little-known land called Solaca - on other words, a fake Region. Solaca is a land located to the left of Unova and is unique in the fact that is has no native Pokemon of it's own but, rather, every Pokemon discovered around the world can be found here, as well as many Shiny variants of them to boot. A gigantic depression in the middle of it's forest and traces of a huge Egg have given rise to the claims that Solaca is the birthplace of Arceus (and perhaps, also it's resting place) but this has yet to be proven. Only recently discovered, much of Solaca is as-of-yet unexplored, though the Pokemon Rangers, having set up their base in Viburna City and several outposts in Hyacin and Oleand Town, are trying to figure out the region for themselves.[/left]

[left]A rudimentary map of the Solaca region is as follows:[/left]

[spoiler=The Solaca Region]
[center][img]http://i41.tinypic.com/13zpao4.jpg[/img][/center]
[/spoiler]

Why no names, you ask? Well, because to start, the Rangers will only know Hyacin Town, where they start (the farthest town at the top, with the brown and blue buildings) and Viburna City (The port city just below and to the right of Hyacin), where they initially landed. As time goes on and the Rangers begin to branch out more of the cities, forests, and other locations will be discovered and named, but until then, you'll have to make do with an overview.

[left][u][b]Pokemon Rangers:[/b][/u][/left]

[left]Pokemon Rangers are the protectors of this world and of people and Pokemon everywhere. Hopefully, what I put in the plot will be enough, and I'll do my best to explain more in-RP, but if you'd like information about Pokemon Rangers, you can go to their [url="http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Ranger_(Ranger_series)"]Bulbapedia Page[/url].[/left]

[left]They operate using "Capture Stylers", which allow them to communicate with Pokemon and bond with them so as it makes friends with them. The wilder the Pokemon, the harder it is to do this. (For who capturing Pokemon will be done in more detail, go to the "Capturing Pokemon" heading below.) You, of course, will be a Pokemon Ranger, just starting out in the Solaca Region.[/left]

[left][u][b]Capturing Pokemon:[/b][/u][/left]

[left]In the RP, you will come across Pokemon that you must capture, be it a rampaging wild one that needs to be calmed down or a specific type of Pokemon that will be useful later. The Pokemon Ranger style of capture is much different than the traditional Pokemon capturing. The most blatant difference is you do not get to keep the Pokemon you keep. To make up for this, however, Pokemon ranger captures are easier, you don't run out of capture tools (The Capture Styler can only use up too much energy, as opposed to running out of Pokeballs), and you can use all the attacks the Pokemon can learn (Within reason! No Squirtles with Hydro Pump!) right there and then. For capturing a Pokemon in-RP, here is a guideline for how it will be done:[/left]

[left]First, you'll need to "activate" your Capture Styler and the Capture Disc (Look at the picture above everything for what this looks like) will pop out of the styler. This is relatively easy, all you have to do is say something in-RP along the lines of "[Insert Name Here] released the Capture Disc, eyeing the wild Pokemon intently,". After that, the capture begins. For those of you who have not played the Pokemon Ranger games, this is done by you controlling the Capture Disc, which emits a beam of light behind it as you try to circle around the Pokemon. Each successive circle (i.e., every time you manage to connect the beam of light with itself in a circle) communicates your wish of friendship to the Pokemon, and if you do enough circles (enough is relative to the power of the Pokemon, i.e. it's much harder to capture a Blastoise than a Squirtle) you will bond with the Pokemon, and be able to use the Pokemon's abilities as outlined beforehand. That's it!

However, there are some risks that come with capturing. Pokemon don't want to captured, and will try to escape the capture by running away, using it's attacks, et cetera. Everytime it breaks the circle of light by escaping before you can complete the circe, you lose a bit of energy in your Capture Styler. If you lose enough energy, your Capture Styler will power down. Energy will build back up gradually, and you'll be able to capture again in a little bit, but until then you are incapacitated and unable to capture. Of course, the stronger the Pokemon, the more it will struggle and the harder it'll be to complete the circle. Your skill as a Ranger will determine how well you'll be able to react to such events and whether or not you'll be able to complete the circle or not.[/left]

[left]Your current captured Pokemon, and your Partner Pokemon in particular, will also be able to assist you in capturing. Say, for an example, you have an electric Pokemon on-hand; you'll be able to stun the Pokemon you want to capture using their electric attacks, thus making it easier to capture. What your captured Pokemon do to assist you is all up to you and your creativity! [/left]
[left]In-RP, I'll allow you to play out your own captures with the weaker Pokemon, as long as you do it realistically. For stronger Pokemon, I'll control them and their actions myself and determine who wins, you or the Pokemon. [/left]

[left][u][b]Partner Pokemon:[/b][/u][/left]

[left]Most of the Time, Pokemon Rangers release their captured Pokemon after they are done using said Pokemon's abilities. However, most if not all Rangers have a Partner Pokemon that they have such a strong bond with, the Pokemon won't leave them. These Pokemon will then always be on-hand to lend assistance to their Ranger, whether it be capturing, dousing wildfires, or whatever the current issue is. All players will be able to choose their own Partner Pokemon, but you'll meet them in Hyacin Town and play out how you develop your bond in-RP.[/spoiler][/left]

[left][spoiler=Missions][/left]
[left]Here, I'll outline the current and completed missions. Missions are the tasks the Pokemon Rangers take on in handling threats in the RP, be they stopping a mudslide, calming a wild Pokemon, or anything else. What missions are going on currently, as well as ones that have already been completed, will be listed here so we can always know what's going on at the moment.[/left]

[left][b][u]Current Mission(s):[/u][/b][/left]

[left]Title: Make it to Hyacin Town![/left]
[left]Description: You are on your way to Hyacin Town to start your new career as Pokemon Rangers at the Hyacin Ranger Outpost. But will you make it there in the first place?[/left]
[left]Whose Involved?: Everyone.[/left]

[left][u][b]Completed Mission(s):[/b][/u][/left]

[left]None yet![/spoiler][/left]

[left][spoiler=Rules][/left]
[left]1. All Advanced Clause rules apply. Duh.[/left]
[left]2. You may only have one application.[/left]
[left]3. You may only have an unevolved, non-legendary Pokemon as your Partner Pokemon. (More specifics about your character starting out can be found in the application.)[/left]
[left]4. I will not be accepting any applications after this RP starts, except if you reserve beforehand. Even then, you will only have a limited amount of time to submit an application before I close off accepting apps, period. If you want to join, join before I begin![/left]
[left]5. This thread will serve as a planning/discussion thread after I start the RP. Please refrain from discussing things other than this RP / Pokemon / Pokemon Ranger in this thread.[/left]
[left]6. Have fun![/spoiler][/left]

[left][spoiler=Applications][/left]
[left]If you are confused about anything I have in the application, take a look at my own application and see if that helps. If not, post a question here - I'll be happy to answer it.[/left]

[left][spoiler=Application Code]Delete everything inside brackets.[/left]
[code]
[center][b]Pokemon Ranger {NAME}[/b][/center] {Replace the {NAME} with your character's name. First and last name, please.}

[b]AGE:[/b] {The general graduation age for Ranger School is around 16-17, so if you could put it somewhere around there, I'd be much obliged.}

[b]GENDER:[/b] {Male or Female.}

[b]APPEARANCE:[/b] {Your appearance, or, in other words, how you look. Describe your character. Tall, short, dark-haired, light-haired? That kind of stuff goes here. A paragraph is required.}

[b]PERSONALITY:[/b] {A few words about how your character acts, thinks, does- and why. A paragraph is required.}

[b]BIOGRAPHY:[/b] {All of your characters' history will be laid out here. Remember to include such things as how his where he/she was born, how she/he was raised, why they joined the Pokemon Rangers, their dreams, expectations, etc. Please remember you haven't met your Partner Pokemon yet, so don't include that.}

[b]CAPTURE STYLER:[/b] {The Capture Styler comes in several different "ranks", each with different abilities than the last. For the start, you have the "School Styler"- which was given to your character by the school, of course. It can only capture Pokemon, and you cannot use Pokemon to assist in your capture. You'll soon acquire better Stylers, but, at the very beginning, all characters will start out with a School Styler, so put that here.}

[center][b]Partner Pokemon[/b][/center]

[b]NAME:[/b] {Either the species name or a nickname. I'd prefer the latter.}

[b]POKEMON SPECIES:[/b] {As I mentioned in the rules, it must be unevolved and non-Legendary. It'll evolve in-RP and you'll be able to capture the latter, so I don't see why there would be any problem with this.}

[b]GENDER:[/b] {Male or Female.}

[b]PERSONALITY:[/b] {Only a a sentence or two needed here, since it's a little harder for Pokemon to express much more than simple emotions.}

[b]ABILITIES:[/b] {You don't need to get really into into it, just a couple things of what your Pokemon can do and how it helps your Ranger. It doesn't need to be exhaustive, and you can most certainly RP other ways your Pokemon helps out IC, as long as it makes sense with your Pokemon. No Fire Pokemon swimming, for example.}[/code][/spoiler]

[left][spoiler=Accepted Applications][/left]
[left][spoiler=Quiksilver][/left]

[center][b]Pokemon Ranger Carter Reid[/b][/center]

[b]AGE:[/b] 16

[b]GENDER:[/b] Male

[b]APPEARANCE:[/b] Carter is tall and dark-haired, with strong features and sea-green eyes. Curly hair, the color of dark chocolate, fall halfway down his neck and across his forehead and into his eyes, presenting a irritation to the young man. Thin lips complement a jutting chin, giving Carter a fierce expression that makes him rather unapproachable. Toned, the baby fat has mostly disappeared from Carter's body except a bit in the cheeks which adolescence still holds onto desperately. Carter towers above most, standing toe-to-toe with full-grown men, and is slim and compact as a result.

Dark colors fit his skin most of the time, at least when he's not in Ranger uniform. Greens and blues work for him, and he tends to dress simply as well, not going very overdone. A bracelet of woven thread is constantly on his left wrist, a gift from his sister, Savannah.

[b]PERSONALITY:[/b] Carter prefers actions over words. The take-charge type, Carter is always in motion, never hesitating, never pausing. He does what needs to be done, and doesn't say much while doing it. When he does speak, however, he reveals himself to do brusque and plain-spoken, going right to the heart of the matter rather than skating around the edges. He prefers silence over empty chatter, and therefore his speech is usually meaningful, conveying some sort of observation or planning the young man has made. He doesn't tend to bond well with people, and nor they to him, finding him rather unapproachable; however, those that manage to worm themselves into Carter's good graces (not an easy task) he is completely and utterly loyal to, if not ready with a word on how they can improve themselves.

Carter is ambitious, and being the best he can be is on the top of his "to-do" list. He also would like other to be that way as well, and can't stand laziness or incompetence. He always urges others to better himself to the point of annoyance, but Carter doesn't see it that way; he sees it as doing a favor.

Carter is fanatical about Pokemon and is always on the lookout for another to befriend. One might find it's easier to become friends with Carter if on the subject of Pokemon, which is one of the few topics Carter will speak a lot about. Others who feel the same way as Carter he respects, knowing that they too wish to help out Pokemon as much as he does.

[b]BIOGRAPHY:[/b] Carter was born to Emily and Johnathon Reid, both top Pokemon trainers in their day. By the time Carter and his little sister, Savannah, came along, however, they had long settled into a life of retirement in the Hoenn region, which was both Emily and Johnathon's place of birth. On their simple homestead, a young Carter would often play-act and imagine himself as a worldly man, going on great adventures with his Pokemon. He longed to escape the tedium of his current life, and when his aunt, Emily's brother Tristan, came to visit, he finally spotted an opportunity.

When they met that day, Carter found out Tristan was a Pokemon Ranger, and a Top Ranger at that. He and his Partner Pokemon, Excadrill, had been all over the world, helping deal with crises and problems across the regions. He told a rapt Carter many a story about the time he'd saved the lives of other People and Pokemon, and, just before he left, he mentioned a school he attended that had started him down the path to Top Ranger-dom. The Ranger School. And, suddenly, Carter knew what he wanted to do.

He pestered his parents long enough that, finally, they agreed to send him to Ranger School. His little sister, Savannah, made him a bracelet so that he would never forget what he was joining the Ranger Union for - to help the world become a better place. And with that, Carter left his home in Hoenn to become a Pokemon Ranger.

For the last three years of his life, he's lived at the Ranger School, learning the ways of the Pokemon Ranger and attaining his own Capture Styler. Now, on his way to the unexplored Solaca region, he is ready to become what he knows he wants to be - a Pokemon Ranger!

[b]CAPTURE STYLER:[/b] School Styler

[b]Partner Pokemon[/b]

[b]NAME:[/b] Drago

[b]POKEMON SPECIES:[/b] Axew

[b]PERSONALITY:[/b] Drago is easygoing and happy, much more intent on socializing than his soon-to-be master. Kind to all, he tends to make friends easily among both humans and Pokemon alike. Skittish as well, Drago tends to flee once Pokemon and people start fighting, although he takes heart if she has a friend around to support her and will be more likely to help out in battles if he know he has friends with him.

[b]ABILITIES:[/b] As a Dragon-type Pokemon, Drago has a few tricks at his disposal. Brute strength, even for this little Pokemon, is one of them; Drago can, with, some effort, lift heavy objects and move them. He can also use this strength to stun other Pokemon - by literally running into them. He also has intimidation on his side, able to look absolutely fierce in order to scare other people and Pokemon. Of course, if they are scared or not depends on the person in question. Under severe circumstances, Drago can also literally produce shockwaves by roaring loud enough, the effect of which can destroy things and send people and Pokemon flying. Such a shockwave, however, leaves Drago tired and exhausted after the fact.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Hydra of Thunder]

[b]Pokemon Ranger Opal Graystone[/b]

[b]AGE:[/b] 17

[b]GENDER:[/b] Female

[b]APPEARANCE: [/b]Opal is a bright-eyed, cheery girl that seems to leak optimism from every pore- it's almost impossible to get any impression from even a cursory glance at her. She stands only a little taller than five feet, but her presence is enhanced by her complicated hair- a long head of bright brown, same shade as spring willow, that falls down a little past her waist. Some of it is left straight, but a long lock on either side has a particular bounce to it, standing up in a particularly poofy way, slightly uneven, as if it were unintentional. She has three braids next to these poofy pieces of hair, two on the left side and one on the right, which have charms with the symbol of the suit of diamonds, clubs and spades at the end -all colored a bright red-. This theme is continued by a large hairclip she wears on her left side, right next to the poofy bang, which is the symbol for the suit of hearts.

A few other bangs left unrestrained along her side also have a bit of a cowlick, hooking upwards as if reaching towards the sky.

She has a round face with large blue eyes and a broad, smiling mouth. Her cheeks are rounded rather than gaunt, and her chin is rather weak, giving her the impression of having a rather small head -especially compared to her large amount of hair- and causes her eyes to stand out more. Indeed, most people tend to remember largely as a pair of blue eyes staring out from a mantel of hair.
Her skin is mostly fair, though it has the beginnings of a tan forming due to her training as a Ranger. Her body type is full, though slender- her build is average, but forms pleasant curves without needing to be totally stripped to the bone. She has an amount of lean muscle, though it isn't particularly readily apparent.

Opal tends to gravitate towards reds in her clothing choices, and especially pinks. Her civilian clothing is a combination of the bright, gaudy and playful- she's always one to stand out in a crowd, though not necessarily for any particular reason aside from being strange. She enjoys wearing her ranger uniform due to its striking colors, and would often use such a colorscheme when dressing otherwise anyway.

[b]PERSONALITY:[/b] Opal is bright, cheery, and utterly irreverent. Her personality is bright as a summer's day, and nearly as impossible to extinquish- she practically defines energetic and is brought down by basically nothing. Whatever Opal does, she tends to do it loudly and quickly- she talks fast, moves quickly, and has all the patience of a gnat, always willing to jump into an adventure earlier than she planned for, if she even had a plan in the first place. Driven almost solely by emotion, she finds it rather difficult to think strategically and prefers to wing it in almost all cases- though what's surprising is that her on-the-fly gambits typically tend to [i]work. [/i]Opal thinks quickly and notices a lot, especially things that others don't notice. While this leads to what seems like mindless babble a good chunk of the time, Opal always has a topic in mind whenever she opens her mouth, though if it interests the others around her or not it's difficult to say. In any case, this makes situations where Opal notices things that others don't rather common- and thus it can become rather surprising when the seeming fool of the group is the one who comes up with the solution, by simple virtue of being more perceptive than others.

Though incredibly friendly and willing to take people at their word, Opal can sometimes have difficulty interacting with other people. Though she's very sympathetic, actual [i]empathy [/i]can be difficult for her- understanding what other people feel is almost impossible, even if she's given the usual cues of facial features and word patterns. Though she can pick up on obvious emotional changes, subtly is rather beyond her- things like "sad", "happy" or "angry" register to her, not the complexities of emotion that most people pick up. She is particularly bad at telling when people are lying, and as such tends to take such things on faith- but because of that, she's also rather paranoid when she has reason to. Since she doesn't have much ability to discern what IS a lie, when she starts to get it into her head that people are lying to her, it's difficult to convince her otherwise.

[b]BIOGRAPHY: [/b]Opal is native to the Johto Region, born into a family primarily made up of pokemon breeders. Her mother was a famous such breeder from Goldenrod, and was well-respected in upper crust circles due to her exemplary skill at rearing pokemon.
Her father, on the other hand, was a Colonol in the National Guard and lived primarily across the country, moving whenever it was convenient for his work. Her father was almost never seen in the house, save for at special occasions, and her mother worked overtime as a strained business owner- a situation that wouldn't have been so bad if Opal didn't have three other sisters competing for attention with her. Being a relatively average student without much specific talent in anything, she went unnoticed a good amount of the time, leading her to develop certain security issues. It didn't help that she was naturally inept at gauging others, and thus found it almost impossible to make friends in school.

Eventually, she tended to find that people reacted better when she was funny, or at least stayed happy. When she smiled, others tended to follow- so she got into the habit of being rather upbeat. When you begin act happy, it becomes easier to see the world like that- and Opal, being primarily naive to most of the world, never tried to break her rose-tinted glasses. Her facade made to make other people happy started a recursive loop of happiness and eventually, she did become just as positive as she made herself out to be- even if it is technically just an act to make people around her more comfortable.

Even so, Opal desperately sought for something to differentiate herself. She played with the idea of becoming a trainer for a short amount of time- but that option was preemptively shot down by her mother, who simply couldn't imagine sending her daughter into the wide world without any sort of defense whatsover. Her father, both a military man and being rather reasonable, suggested the Rangers after a while- a rather reputable organization that could look after Opal's best interests while also grounding her in some discipline. It took a while, but Opal eventually became registered and left to become a Ranger... even if she wasn't entirely certain why she was doing that anymore.

[b]NAME:[/b] Gig

[b]POKEMON SPECIES:[/b] Litwick

[b]PERSONALITY: [/b]Gig is an arrogant, feisty pokemon that enjoys domineering over others. Unlike his master, Gig enjoys seeing others suffer beneath him and is quite mean-spirited. That said, Gig does have an affinity for pranks and the like... so long as the target is someone other than him. He doesn't react very well when people ignore him, and even less if people make fun of him or humilate him- but he doesn't react immediately. Gig is the type to carry a grudge for a very long time, and people who get on his bad side tend to regret it after a lengthy wait.
Despite his rather poisonous personality, Gig has a soft spot for his master and tends to get annoyed at people who ignore her or brush her off. In a way, he considers himself her guardian and keeper- the thing that keeps her from getting killed in her naivete.

[b]ABILITIES:[/b] Gig is a Ghost pokemon, and as such has a variety of useful special abilities. Physical boundaries provide little resistance as far as he is concerned, and he can phase through walls with no difficulty- even heavy rock requires only a bit more effort to pass through, though it requires more energy for him to pass through progressively harder materials. Unfortunately, he is not able to transfer this ability to solid objects, and as such, he can't quite grab items from the other side of a locked door and bring them back. Going through the same door and unlocking it from the other side, however, is quite possible.

Gig is also almost literally a living flame, and he is capable of using that power to his advantage. Given that his flame is Ghost Fire, it burns selectively- if he wanted to, Gig could burn the leaves of a tree while leaving the trunk totally untouched. As the fire is attached to his life force, it can't be doused by water- though cold enough weather will kill it, and he can only expend as much fire as he has power to do so. Unlike natural flames, Gig's fire doesn't grow- it is literally part of his body, and it returns into him after he's finished using it. If his fire is extinguished, he loses that much power.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Lunar Eclipse]

[center][b]Pokémon Ranger Amara Misoka[/b][/center]

[b]APPEARANCE:[/b] Amara is a slight girl, standing at just under 5 feet. She has a weak build, and is generally weak in every way, shape or physical form. Her skin is sickly pale, covered in a mass abundance of freckles. Her eyes are a very pale blue-grey, almost a very pale grey. Her hair is very pale blonde, nearly white. The hair itself reaches to just past her shoulders blades, and kinks upwards. The fringe reaches her shoulders and is constantly being fiddled with and braided back.

Mostly, Amara wears bright and bold colors – typically reds and yellows - when not in Ranger Uniform. Two items she always has upon her person is a tiny Pidove shaped clip, made of gold. It is always used to pin one side of her fringe in place, and Amara is never seen without it.
The other item is a small gold ring, always worn on her left index finger. It has Pidove engravings, and each tiny dove and even tinier diamonds for eyes.

[b]PERSONALITY:[/b] When one first encounters Amara, the first thought is a shy individual, who relies heavily on others as support, both mentally and physically. But that’s only the surface.
In any normal situation, Amara is a cool-headed quick thinker, coming up with many answers and educated guesses. She comes off quite strongly as a nerd, which is partially true. Not that she enjoys admitting it.

She can be kind and cheery when it would help the situation, but otherwise she is considered very solemn, and pessimistic too. She always sees the worst possible outcome, but this is merely part of her mindset to find a way to prevent the worst case scenario. However, she is very hesitant to admitting to the help of others, due to being slightly smug as well.

All in all, she is basically a thing that seems to change every time you talk to her, but staying slightly the same as well.

[b]BIOGRAPHY:[/b] Amara was born in the chaotic depths of Castelia City in Unova, to Sahara and Max Misoka. Sahara, in her day, had been one of the best gardeners, and as such was also well accustomed to Pokémon who appeared in grassy areas. Max had been merchant from the distant Johto, selling various goods unavailable to the majority of Unova.When Amara was born, she was under the constant watch of her parents, who expected much from her. Max wanted her to be a trader, like himself, whilst Sahara wanted her to be a Pokemon Breeder.
Amara, quite frankly, wanted to be neither.

Through most of her life, her parents watched her every move, seeing if she had the skills to follow the chosen career paths. Knowing their watching eyes followed her everywhere, Amara purposely did well in her school work, but not in parts that would have assisted her rise to either career.
As time went on, her parents stopped watching, believing their daughter would not fulfill their expectations, and no longer seeing the point of it all.

When Amara was 12, she met Kael, a boy in a similar situation to her own. The two became great friends after their chance meeting in the line outside the Castelia Cone stall. They went everywhere together, and had many mini adventures throughout Castelia, playing pranks and eating the honey off Burgh’s gym walls, to name a few.
Then Kael was told he was to go to Sinnoh, his home region. Amara was heartbroken. So, as a token of their friendship, Kael gave Amara a ring and a hair clip, with a symbol of a Pidove. She in turn gave him a bracelet she’d made herself, and friendship charm to hang upon it.

Not long after Kael left, Sahara suggested Amara go to Ranger School, as she was a natural at befriending local Pokemon, and to take her mind of Kael. Amara agreed, excited at the prospect, and also a dim possibility of encountering Kael as she defended Pokemon.

[b]NAME:[/b] Mai

[b]POKEMON SPECIES:[/b] Ralts

[b]PERSONALITY:[/b] Mai is a one-minded Pokemon. Once she has a mission, all she thinks about is completing it. Everything else, like her safety, are thrown out the window. She always rushes into combat, prepared to defend Amara all the time, with little concern of her own safety. To her, defending Amara is a mission that she must always complete, and is one the few things that are always on her mind.
When one talks to Mai, they get a large jumble of stuff. Most of it is useless, and unhelpful in every way. But sometimes, Mai gives great hints without realizing what she has said. In the same way, she can greatly insult someone without realizing it is insulting.

[b]ABILITIES:[/b] Being a Psychic type, Mai con communicate with both Pokemon and humans. As such, with guidance, she can talk to a Pokemon Amara needs to capture, and persuade it to not fight too much.
Other than that, she can also levitate objects at will. With heavier and larger objects, Mai needs to concentrate, which takes much effort on her part. But once she has a hold of an item, she can take it within a reach of 10 metres. Moving doesn’t change the set movement area.[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[center]
{When the IC Thread is put up, the link will go here.}[/center]

[left]Here ya go. [/left]

[left][spoiler= Application][/left]

[center][b]Pokemon Ranger Opal Graystone[/b][/center]
[b]AGE:[/b] 17

[b]APPEARANCE: [/b]Opal is a bright-eyed, cheery girl that seems to leak optimism from every pore- it's almost impossible to get any impression from even a cursory glance at her. She stands only a little taller than five feet, but her presence is enhanced by her complicated hair- a long head of bright brown, same shade as spring willow, that falls down a little past her waist. Some of it is left straight, but a long lock on either side has a particular bounce to it, standing up in a particularly poofy way, slightly uneven, as if it were unintentional. She has three braids next to these poofy pieces of hair, two on the left side and one on the right, which have charms with the symbol of the suit of diamonds, clubs and spades at the end -all colored a bright red-. This theme is continued by a large hairclip she wears on her left side, right next to the poofy bang, which is the symbol for the suit of hearts.
A few other bangs left unrestrained along her side also have a bit of a cowlick, hooking upwards as if reaching towards the sky.

She has a round face with large blue eyes and a broad, smiling mouth. Her cheeks are rounded rather than gaunt, and her chin is rather weak, giving her the impression of having a rather small head -especially compared to her large amount of hair- and causes her eyes to stand out more. Indeed, most people tend to remember largely as a pair of blue eyes staring out from a mantel of hair.
Her skin is mostly fair, though it has the beginnings of a tan forming due to her training as a Ranger. Her body type is full, though slender- her build is average, but forms pleasant curves without needing to be totally stripped to the bone. She has an amount of lean muscle, though it isn't particularly readily apparent.

Opal tends to gravitate towards reds in her clothing choices, and especially pinks. Her civilian clothing is a combination of the bright, gaudy and playful- she's always one to stand out in a crowd, though not necessarily for any particular reason aside from being strange. She enjoys wearing her ranger uniform due to its striking colors, and would often use such a colorscheme when dressing otherwise anyway.

[b]PERSONALITY:[/b] Opal is bright, cheery, and utterly irreverent. Her personality is bright as a summer's day, and nearly as impossible to extinquish- she practically defines energetic and is brought down by basically nothing. Whatever Opal does, she tends to do it loudly and quickly- she talks fast, moves quickly, and has all the patience of a gnat, always willing to jump into an adventure earlier than she planned for, if she even had a plan in the first place. Driven almost solely by emotion, she finds it rather difficult to think strategically and prefers to wing it in almost all cases- though what's surprising is that her on-the-fly gambits typically tend to [i]work. [/i]Opal thinks quickly and notices a lot, especially things that others don't notice. While this leads to what seems like mindless babble a good chunk of the time, Opal always has a topic in mind whenever she opens her mouth, though if it interests the others around her or not it's difficult to say. In any case, this makes situations where Opal notices things that others don't rather common- and thus it can become rather surprising when the seeming fool of the group is the one who comes up with the solution, by simple virtue of being more perceptive than others.

Though incredibly friendly and willing to take people at their word, Opal can sometimes have difficulty interacting with other people. Though she's very sympathetic, actual [i]empathy [/i]can be difficult for her- understanding what other people feel is almost impossible, even if she's given the usual cues of facial features and word patterns. Though she can pick up on obvious emotional changes, subtly is rather beyond her- things like "sad", "happy" or "angry" register to her, not the complexities of emotion that most people pick up. She is particularly bad at telling when people are lying, and as such tends to take such things on faith- but because of that, she's also rather paranoid when she has reason to. Since she doesn't have much ability to discern what IS a lie, when she starts to get it into her head that people are lying to her, it's difficult to convince her otherwise.

[b]BIOGRAPHY: [/b]Opal is native to the Johto Region, born into a family primarily made up of pokemon breeders. Her mother was a famous such breeder from Goldenrod, and was well-respected in upper crust circles due to her exemplary skill at rearing pokemon.
Her father, on the other hand, was a Colonol in the National Guard and lived primarily across the country, moving whenever it was convenient for his work. Her father was almost never seen in the house, save for at special occasions, and her mother worked overtime as a strained business owner- a situation that wouldn't have been so bad if Opal didn't have three other sisters competing for attention with her. Being a relatively average student without much specific talent in anything, she went unnoticed a good amount of the time, leading her to develop certain security issues. It didn't help that she was naturally inept at gauging others, and thus found it almost impossible to make friends in school.

Eventually, she tended to find that people reacted better when she was funny, or at least stayed happy. When she smiled, others tended to follow- so she got into the habit of being rather upbeat. When you begin act happy, it becomes easier to see the world like that- and Opal, being primarily naive to most of the world, never tried to break her rose-tinted glasses. Her facade made to make other people happy started a recursive loop of happiness and eventually, she did become just as positive as she made herself out to be- even if it is technically just an act to make people around her more comfortable.

Even so, Opal desperately sought for something to differentiate herself. She played with the idea of becoming a trainer for a short amount of time- but that option was preemptively shot down by her mother, who simply couldn't imagine sending her daughter into the wide world without any sort of defense whatsover. Her father, both a military man and being rather reasonable, suggested the Rangers after a while- a rather reputable organization that could look after Opal's best interests while also grounding her in some discipline. It took a while, but Opal eventually became registered and left to become a Ranger... even if she wasn't entirely certain why she was doing that anymore.

[b]NAME:[/b] Gig

[b]POKEMON SPECIES:[/b] Litwick

[b]PERSONALITY: [/b]Gig is an arrogant, feisty pokemon that enjoys domineering over others. Unlike his master, Gig enjoys seeing others suffer beneath him and is quite mean-spirited. That said, Gig does have an affinity for pranks and the like... so long as the target is someone other than him. He doesn't react very well when people ignore him, and even less if people make fun of him or humilate him- but he doesn't react immediately. Gig is the type to carry a grudge for a very long time, and people who get on his bad side tend to regret it after a lengthy wait.
Despite his rather poisonous personality, Gig has a soft spot for his master and tends to get annoyed at people who ignore her or brush her off. In a way, he considers himself her guardian and keeper- the thing that keeps her from getting killed in her naivete.

[b]ABILITIES:[/b] Gig is a Ghost pokemon, and as such has a variety of useful special abilities. Physical boundaries provide little resistance as far as he is concerned, and he can phase through walls with no difficulty- even heavy rock requires only a bit more effort to pass through, though it requires more energy for him to pass through progressively harder materials. Unfortunately, he is not able to transfer this ability to solid objects, and as such, he can't quite grab items from the other side of a locked door and bring them back. Going through the same door and unlocking it from the other side, however, is quite possible.
Gig is also almost literally a living flame, and he is capable of using that power to his advantage. Given that his flame is Ghost Fire, it burns selectively- if he wanted to, Gig could burn the leaves of a tree while leaving the trunk totally untouched. As the fire is attached to his life force, it can't be doused by water- though cold enough weather will kill it, and he can only expend as much fire as he has power to do so. Unlike natural flames, Gig's fire doesn't grow- it is literally part of his body, and it returns into him after he's finished using it. If his fire is extinguished, he loses that much power.
[/spoiler]

Very nice app! I like all the detail you go into. Please keep in mind, however, that all those abilities you have for Gig can't be used right after another, and that your Partner Pokemon isn't going to be super-powerful upon first getting him. I doubt we'll have a problem, there, however, so, [b]accepted[/b].

Neither of them seem too powerful, I just don't want to see them be used in tandem, right after another, with no backlash. I asked you to just list what he could do, but I didn't mean that he could do all that, all at the same time. It seems like you understand that, Hydra, I just didn't want anyone else to think differently. Hopefully that made sense.

I have come.
Of course, my app will never compete with the awesomenity that is Hydra's, but meh.
[spoiler= Application]
[center][b]Pokémon Ranger Amara Misoka[/b][/center]

[b]APPEARANCE:[/b] Amara is a slight girl, standing at just under 5 feet. She has a weak build, and is generally weak in every way, shape or physical form. Her skin is sickly pale, covered in a mass abundance of freckles. Her eyes are a very pale blue-grey, almost a very pale grey. Her hair is very pale blonde, nearly white. The hair itself reaches to just past her shoulders blades, and kinks upwards. The fringe reaches her shoulders and is constantly being fiddled with and braided back.

Mostly, Amara wears bright and bold colors – typically reds and yellows - when not in Ranger Uniform. Two items she always has upon her person is a tiny Pidove shaped clip, made of gold. It is always used to pin one side of her fringe in place, and Amara is never seen without it.
The other item is a small gold ring, always worn on her left index finger. It has Pidove engravings, and each tiny dove and even tinier diamonds for eyes.

[b]PERSONALITY:[/b] When one first encounters Amara, the first thought is a shy individual, who relies heavily on others as support, both mentally and physically. But that’s only the surface.
In any normal situation, Amara is a cool-headed quick thinker, coming up with many answers and educated guesses. She comes off quite strongly as a nerd, which is partially true. Not that she enjoys admitting it.

She can be kind and cheery when it would help the situation, but otherwise she is considered very solemn, and pessimistic too. She always sees the worst possible outcome, but this is merely part of her mindset to find a way to prevent the worst case scenario. However, she is very hesitant to admitting to the help of others, due to being slightly smug as well.

All in all, she is basically a thing that seems to change every time you talk to her, but staying slightly the same as well.

[b]BIOGRAPHY:[/b] Amara was born in the chaotic depths of Castelia City in Unova, to Sahara and Max Misoka. Sahara, in her day, had been one of the best gardeners, and as such was also well accustomed to Pokémon who appeared in grassy areas. Max had been merchant from the distant Johto, selling various goods unavailable to the majority of Unova.When Amara was born, she was under the constant watch of her parents, who expected much from her. Max wanted her to be a trader, like himself, whilst Sahara wanted her to be a Pokemon Breeder.
Amara, quite frankly, wanted to be neither.

Through most of her life, her parents watched her every move, seeing if she had the skills to follow the chosen career paths. Knowing their watching eyes followed her everywhere, Amara purposely did well in her school work, but not in parts that would have assisted her rise to either career.
As time went on, her parents stopped watching, believing their daughter would not fulfill their expectations, and no longer seeing the point of it all.

When Amara was 12, she met Kael, a boy in a similar situation to her own. The two became great friends after their chance meeting in the line outside the Castelia Cone stall. They went everywhere together, and had many mini adventures throughout Castelia, playing pranks and eating the honey off Burgh’s gym walls, to name a few.
Then Kael was told he was to go to Sinnoh, his home region. Amara was heartbroken. So, as a token of their friendship, Kael gave Amara a ring and a hair clip, with a symbol of a Pidove. She in turn gave him a bracelet she’d made herself, and friendship charm to hang upon it.

Not long after Kael left, Sahara suggested Amara go to Ranger School, as she was a natural at befriending local Pokemon, and to take her mind of Kael. Amara agreed, excited at the prospect, and also a dim possibility of encountering Kael as she defended Pokemon.

[b]NAME:[/b] Mai

[b]POKEMON SPECIES:[/b] Ralts

[b]PERSONALITY:[/b] Mai is a one-minded Pokemon. Once she has a mission, all she thinks about is completing it. Everything else, like her safety, are thrown out the window. She always rushes into combat, prepared to defend Amara all the time, with little concern of her own safety. To her, defending Amara is a mission that she must always complete, and is one the few things that are always on her mind.
When one talks to Mai, they get a large jumble of stuff. Most of it is useless, and unhelpful in every way. But sometimes, Mai gives great hints without realizing what she has said. In the same way, she can greatly insult someone without realizing it is insulting.

[b]ABILITIES:[/b] Being a Psychic type, Mai con communicate with both Pokemon and humans. As such, with guidance, she can talk to a Pokemon Amara needs to capture, and persuade it to not fight too much.
Other than that, she can also levitate objects at will. With heavier and larger objects, Mai needs to concentrate, which takes much effort on her part. But once she has a hold of an item, she can take it within a reach of 10 metres. Moving doesn’t change the set movement area. [/spoiler]

Been a while since I joined a Pokemon RP with actual humans in it.

[center][b]Pokemon Ranger Leroy Tracer[/b][/center]

[b]Age:[/b] 16
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Appearance:[/b] At the moment, Leroy stands at approx. 5' 11", which is actually quite tall for someone of his current age. He wears a heavy blazer and a dark blue pair of jeans, and also dons a pair of fingerless gloves. It's these types of clothes that pretty much define Leroy's attire, as he'll refuse to wear anything else. Leroy will usually leave his blazer completely unzipped most of the time. His blood red hair is kept short and matted down, and his icy blue eyes will often have a gaze of pure venom to them. This is most evident when Leroy adopts a more serious nature, or even becomes angry for whatever reason.
[b]Personality:[/b] Leroy prefers to be a lone wolf, and is only reliant on himself to see his goals through. Perhaps it's because he has no faith in anyone, or maybe he just doesn't want anyone to help him out. Whatever the case, Leroy certainly isn't out to make friends, since... well, he just doesn't see the point of it all. As far as he's concerned, everyone's in it for themselves, and he doesn't wanna lose out on the things that he feels that he's earned. Never having liked taking orders at any point of his life, Leroy rarely obeys anyone, and this is especially the case when he believes he has a better idea than the person giving the order. However, he does have a strong sense of justice to go [i]with[/i] the obvious arrogance.
[b]Biography: [/b]Leroy Tracer was born and raised in Cianwood City, which is on a small island quite a fair way off the Johto Region, and has been living with his 25-year-old mother Michelle Tracer for the first 13 years of his life, only to find out about his father, Harry Ottoman, and leave to see if he couldn't find him. Michelle had been plagued with a loss of arms and legs due to a fatal car accident, in which her best friend, who had been driving her home at the time, had lost her life unexpectedly. Since that day, Michelle has been unable to take care of Leroy properly, hence the reason why he left.

He looked all over the Pokearth looking for his father, travelling the rest of the Johto Reigon, the Kanto Reigon, the Hoenn Reigon, the Sinnoh Reigon and even the Unova Reigon. This world tour took 2 years, and it was all in vain. However, as he returned back to Olivine City, Leroy found a wanted poster on Harry Ottoman, stating that he was wanted for masterminding a number of crimes, including the poaching of Pokemon. From that day forth, he no longer wanted anything to do with the man. In truth, it was because of [i]him[/i] that Leroy took up being a Pokemon Ranger, so he could stop people like his father.

Admittedly, Leroy wasn't too keen on the theoretical side of things, and as such, didn't really pay much attention to the Ranger Classes at Cianwood City. He did, however, pass for the year, although this may have been because he 'borrowed' some notes from a try-hard student, who happened to be taking the exact same class as Leroy. Of course, this would've likely been frowned upon, but Leroy didn't seem too concerned. The more important thing was that he'd be over with this theoretical nonsense and get on with the part of being a Pokemon Ranger that he loved most; catching the bad guys.
[b]Capture Style:[/b] School Styler

[b]Name:[/b] Stellar
[b]Pokemon Species:[/b] Beldum
[b]Gender:[/b] N/A
[b]Personality:[/b] Stellar isn't much of a fighter, but when it does fight, it likes to simply resort to ramming into its enemies. It wants to learn some new moves, like Meteor Mash or Zen Headbutt, and trains everyday to see if it can learn anything, but every time, it only manages a meagre Take Down. That doesn't stop it from trying though, least of all as it gets closer and closer. Stellar isn't entirely confident in its battling capabilities, which may explain why it doesn't like to fight much. But perhaps if he were to focus on evolving rather than trying to learn attacks, it could well and truly be a better battling Pokemon.
[b]Abilities:[/b] Being a Beldum, Stellar's body can withstand any kind of impact, and it has an immensely high tolerance. It wouldn't even be [i]too[/i] badly hurt if it accidentally walks over a land mine. Because of this, Stellar usually waltzes right into, and sometimes straight back out of, any traps that were set to capture other Pokemon Rangers and/or [i]their[/i] Pokemon.

[b]Lunar Eclipse:[/b] Your app is good except for a few minor points. a.) you said she has dove earrings, but doves don't exist in the Pokemon World. (For that, you could simply find some sort of relevant Pokemon) and b.) Why does she have a different surname than her parents?

Other than that, your app is good to go.

[b]Admiral_Stalfos19: [/b]You said your app is WIP at the moment, but I just have to correct you on that Pokemon Rangers are not Pokemon Trainers. If Leroy decides to become a Pokemon Ranger (which you have to do for this RP) then he cannot go on the Pokemon Trainer route, and nor would he get a starter Pokemon. Your biography, thus, has to be changed.

[quote name='Quiksilver' timestamp='1321538494' post='5648469']
[b]Lunar Eclipse:[/b] Your app is good except for a few minor points. a.) you said she has dove earrings, but doves don't exist in the Pokemon World. (For that, you could simply find some sort of relevant Pokemon) and b.) Why does she have a [b]different surname[/b] than her parents?

Other than that, your app is good to go.

[/quote]

OHMAGAWD.
HOW DID I MISS IT.
I must have really gone nutty.
I'll edit it.
And I suppose, rather than doves, I'll say Pidove.
Which is pretty obvious anyway :D

[b]Issun:[/b] Reserve accepted. As I said in the rules, reserves only last for a couple of days after the RP starts.

[b]Lunar Eclipse:[/b] Accepted!

[quote name='Admiral_Stalfos19' timestamp='1321593180' post='5650198']

Yeah, I have to admit that I had no idea of how different Pokemon Ranger was from the normal Pokemon.

Maybe I'll have my guy have a misconception of what being a Pokemon Ranger is all about :\
[/quote]

As Issun pointed out, Pokemon Rangers do not battle. Capture works as a catch-all: it calms down berserk Pokemon, captures one to use for assistance, etc. The closest Pokemon Rangers come to battling is using their already captured Pokemon to weaken the Pokemon they are capturing. And even that is not the "moves" of regular Pokemon; no, what they can do to help is a bit looser in interpretation and outlined in the Abilities section of the app.

Unfortunately, your character would have to know about Pokemon Rangers, as they went to Ranger School for a year. I advise you look over the Bulbapedia page

I'm sorry if what I said confused you. I'll rearrange the information in the spoilers to make this more clear.

Archived