Tribes: Ascend

Kizzi

This is a game I've been pretty interested in recently. It's an FPS which will be F2P on release. At the moment it's in beta and you can get early access by buying a starter pack thing for £20, which gets you access to the beta and I think you also get more weapons or something. I'm considering buying it (though even if I don't pay money for it I'll probably download the F2P version on release), anyone else seen it or got any opinions?

[quote name='Mako109' timestamp='1321119568' post='5634996']
It looks pretty awesome. I've been tracking it for a bit, and will be psyched if they DO release it for the PS3 and 360. Cause I have a Mac, and like all awesome CPU FPS games that have been being developed lately, I won't be able to play it.
[/quote]
Pretty sure it's PC only.

[color=#0000cd]I've seen some gameplay and commentary for it from MMOHut (and/or MMODen too *Shrugs*) and the game looks seriously good. It's definitely something I plan on downloading. And some of the people working on Firefall (another MMO that I think is in closed beta right now) are working on this game too so WOOT WOOT! A lot of good MMOs to look forward too.[/color]

[quote name='Desperado Panda' timestamp='1321410598' post='5645385']
[color=#0000cd]I've seen some gameplay and commentary for it from MMOHut (and/or MMODen too *Shrugs*) and the game looks seriously good. It's definitely something I plan on downloading. And some of the people working on Firefall (another MMO that I think is in closed beta right now) are working on this game too so WOOT WOOT! A lot of good MMOs to look forward too.[/color]
[/quote]
Firefall is an MMO but Tribes: Ascend isn't.

[quote name='Kizzi' timestamp='1321476401' post='5646799']
Firefall is an MMO but Tribes: Ascend isn't.
[/quote]

[color=#0000cd]Free online computer game that allow you to play with other people around the country or world. I usually just call them MMOs. And games like AVA and Combat arms are refered to as MMOFPS games. Is there really that big of a difference between them that it isn't refered to as one either? From what I've seen no. And it had videos on MMOHut and MMODen. They only put MMOs on their channels from what I know. :/[/color]

[quote name='Desperado Panda' timestamp='1321568162' post='5649237']
[color=#0000cd]Free online computer game that allow you to play with other people around the country or world. I usually just call them MMOs. And games like AVA and Combat arms are refered to as MMOFPS games. Is there really that big of a difference between them that it isn't refered to as one either? From what I've seen no. And it had videos on MMOHut and MMODen. They only put MMOs on their channels from what I know. :/[/color]
[/quote]
Yes, there definitely is a difference. There are loads of games that have online multiplayer.

Haha, MMOFPS? We don't [i]/have/[/i] MMOFPS*. An MMO needs to have at least one persistent world to be considered an MMO, most shooters are lobby based, thus not MMOs. This is as much as an MMO as any other shooter is.

It's just free.

Anyways it looks awesome as hell and if my comp was a bit better, I would definitely be buying that beta pack.

*we actually do have some, they just haven't been released yet.

[quote name='Lockon Fenrir' timestamp='1321573595' post='5649460']
Haha, MMOFPS? We don't [i]/have/[/i] MMOFPS*. An MMO needs to have at least one persistent world to be considered an MMO, most shooters are lobby based, thus not MMOs. This is as much as an MMO as any other shooter is.

It's just free.

Anyways it looks awesome as hell and if my comp was a bit better, I would definitely be buying that beta pack.

*we actually do have some, they just haven't been released yet.
[/quote]
What are the minimum specs like?

It's just free
[/quote]

[color=#0000cd]MMO=Massively Multiplayer Online. I consider these games to be one like a lot of people do. What you're thinking of is probably more specifically an MMORPG that would be more story focused and would have an actual world to travel around. Although a good point is brought up that not every shooter is an MMO just because it has multiplayer. And I realize it's free. Games like WoW or Aion aren't free yet they're still MMOs and I know that.[/color]
[/quote]

[color=#0000cd]I'm just going to wait until it's in open beta. I'm pretty sure if my computer can handle Vindictus as well as it does then this game shouldn't be a big deal for it.[/color]

Archived