X-Judgement (Future Paradise) v. Light Yagami [Begin Voting]

Anti-Apocryphal

[center][spoiler=Voter Rules][/center]
[center]Seeing as our cards are obvious in who they were made by, you must fill out this form when you vote:[/center]

[center][code]
Who do you vote for?
Why do you vote for them?
Review on X-Judgement's card-
Review on Light Yagami's card-
Additional comments:
[/code][/center]

[center]You must be at least somewhat detailed in your vote. Don't just say 'it's more playable', explain how.[/center]

[center][b]NO:[/b][/center]

[center][b]1) Voting solely on pictures[/b][/center]
[center][b]2) Voting solely on someone's card because you don't like the other person[/b][/center]
[center][b]3) Flaming, spamming, trolling, etc.[/b][/center]
[center][b]4) Getting off-topic[/b][/center]
[center][b]5) Arguing (EX: If we ask you to be more brief in your vote, just do it instead of complaining)[/b][/center]

[center]Also, post your vote in the color [color=#008000]green [/color]​to prove you read these.[/center]
[center][/spoiler][/center]
[center][spoiler=Prize][/center]
[center][s]Cake.[/s][/center]

[center]We don't know yet, we'll keep it in PM. Although I will "like" Light for the great 1 v. 1 challenge.[/spoiler][/center]
[center][spoiler=How do we know who wins?][/center]
[center]It's whoever has the most votes by Friday (the one before Thanksgiving). If it's a tie...the person who got the second-to-last-vote wins.[/center]
[center][spoiler=X-Judgement][/center]
[center][img]http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3893/205642f.jpg[/img][/center]

[center][i]1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters[/i][/center]

[center][i]This card can only be Summoned by Synchro or Special Summon. When this card is Synchro Summoned: Place 1 "Wing" Counter on this card (max. 2). During your next Draw Phase: Place 1 "Wing" Counter on this card. At any time: You can remove 2 "Wing" Counters to increase your Life Points by 400. [/i][/center]
[center][spoiler=Light Yagami][/center]
[center][img]http://i40.tinypic.com/14vi4oh.jpg[/img][/center]

[center][i]2 Level 4 Monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to gain 1000 Life Points. When you take damage from a card effect: Destroy 1 card on the field. When this card has no Xyz Material: You can tribute this card; Gain Life Points equal to the number of monsters your opponent controls x500. [/i][/center]

OK, I'll give my humble opinion.
But first, you should extend this otherwise my vote will be the only one to count.
My Vote: (I'm gonna say this after the reviews if you don't mind, feels more cinematic that way)
Why (I'm gonna say this after the reviews if you don't mind)

X-Judgement's card: 400 life points is not a lot by any means, and it only would activate once. Even if it was after each draw phase, I don't see a 2500 monster being around for long. This card may be under-powered.
Light Yagami's card: Now, 1000 is much better increase, and it can be used more than once. It hinders burn, and even when it runs out of Material, you can get some life out of it. In fact this may be too much, but the anti-burn will in many matches be unused so it's fine.

Vote goes to: [color=#008000]Light Yagami[/color]

Why: X's life gain is way too low, Light's is a more useable amount, plus it has practical uses once it can no longer use it's first ability (where X's is just a fairly strong monster after).

• 3 weeks later...

X-Judgement: "This card can only be summoned by Synchro or Special Summon." I seriously don't see the point in this, as you can't Normal Summon a Synchro Monster. Unless you're stopping flip summons, which is just stupid. The LP gain on this thing is waaaaay too low. 400 lp every other draw phase, and no other effects? Super underwhelming.

Light Yagami: This card is on the complete opposite end of the spectrum. While the first card yields practically no lp, this one yields an amazingly high (too high) amount. Thats 2000 just for pretty much summoning it, and then a buttload just for using up its effect. I mean, a standard field for your opponent is going to look like 2 or 3 monsters, which is 1500 lp. Thats 3500 lp just for summoning it, plus any destruction you get from burn damage (although its not that common, so the effect won't see too much use).

Overall, my vote is cast for Light Yagami.

Archived