Inception: The RP (Not Started/Accepting/Dwarven King is Co-Host)

[spoiler='Plot']An Idea. Something that has the power to change the world as we know it.

The year is 2024 and a breaking new technology has changed the way heists and wars are fought. This is the science of Extraction, the ability to steal one's idea. To go into one's mind and take something they have locked away deep into their mind. It is know well, but usually overlooked and thought to be a scam. Those, however, who choose to get their mind ready for such attacks have been known to be left alone when it comes to Extraction.

Many teams have now been created for the sole purpose of taking these offers. They will go into the dreaming subconcious and take the idea out. It should be noted that a new position in these groups have been made. They are known as Inceptors. They plant ideas into minds.

Nonetheless, people have been paying top dollar for people with these skills. It has also been known to be just an amazing experience. The month is April. You are one these people. You are payed to steal from a place no other thief can steal from. The mind itself.

Just remember what reality is or you might just forget what is a dream what isn't...[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Rules']1. YCM Advanced Clause.
2. No relation to canon characters.
3. We will have, and start in, reality.
4. The employer and the mark can be NPCs. Just fill out an app for them.
5. No totems used in the movie.
6. Levels work like this: Level 1-Dream, 2-Dream in a dream, 3- Dream in a dream in a dream, 4-Limbo.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Jobs'][b]Extractor[/b]- Takes an idea from one's mind.
[b]Architect[/b]- Builds the dream.
[b]Point Man[/b]- Makes sure everything goes according to plan and researchs the one who will be Extracted.
[b]Forger[/b]- A master of imitating people’s mannerisms and, in the dream, appearances. A skilled Forger is not restricted by age, gender, or any other factors.
[b]Chemist[/b]- An exceptionally great creator of different kinds of drugs.
[b]Tourist[/b]- One who simply accompanies the team into the dream. Can be used for many purposes.
[b]Inceptor[/b]- One who plants the idea into another's mind.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='App'] (Remove everything in brackets!)

Name:
Totem:
Team:
Bio: (4 lines minimum.)
Appearance: (Pic or discription.)
Personality: (2 lines minimum.)
Weapon: (The weapon they use in the dream.)[/spoiler]

Will post my app soon.

Here's my app:

[b]Name:[/b] Eximia Fraudator. His nickname is Ex.
[b]Age:[/b] 19
[b]Job:[/b] Extractor
[b]Totem:[/b] An old bronze colored quarter that, when in a dream, will always land on heads.
[b]Team:[/b] Open
[b]Bio:[/b] Ex is a person who was born quite normally. His life was like any other until the day of the car crash happened. His father was killed almost instantly. His mother then had to pick up a day job just to pay the bills. The funeral and burial expences began to creep up on the pair, causing the 13 year old Ex to start gathering money and the best paying job he could find were Extracting jobs. The kid quickly learned the art and mastered it a few years later. These jobs were more than enough to pay off all of the loans his family owned, however his mother started wondering how he was getting all of this money. From the second Ex left he went into secrecy, only doing jobs with teams without an Extrator. Hoping to one day find a permanate team, he lives on like this.
[b]Appearance:[/b] [url="http://www.fotoshack.us/foto.php?id=1711tumblr_lj5xdvSX6R1qh8dtio1_1280.jpg"]http://www.fotoshack...8dtio1_1280.jpg[/url]
[b]Personality:[/b] Ex is a perfectionist. Any mistakes and he will become frustrated beyond belief, all the while completing the job. He is rather quiet and uncaring about anything other then Extraction and Inception. He finds a thrill in them he cannot find any where else.
[b]Weapon:[/b] A blade hidden under his right sleeve.

If you want, I'll take the role as co-host. But be warned, my work schedule is chaotic AND I will be going to YCS next weekend (18, 19, and 20) and will not have a computer during said time.

Name: Jack Daniels (Yeah...I just went there)
Job: Point Man
Totem: A pair of dice that always roll a three and a four while in a dream.
Team: Open I guess?
Bio: Jack didn't suffer through any traumatizing experience. No car crashes, brutal murders, drug addictions, or any of the usual stuff. Actually, he had a pretty good life. His parents held high paying jobs and treated him quite well (he only rarely took advantage of that). He even went to a private school and was accepted into Harvard. Of course, he only applied for Harvard because his parents wanted him too. However, he only made it through one year before he dropped out. During his first year, a very wealthy man noted at how well Jack was at researching and at keeping an eye out for the finer details. Because of this, the man paid Jack to be the Point Man of an Extractor team. Naturally, Jack was excited about entering someone's dream and quickly jumped on board. But, the team were small time workers and eventually dropped out. Now, he is a professional Point Man looking for a new team. One with better...qualities.
Appearance: [img]http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad283/Seldous7/AnimeGuy07.jpg[/img]
Personality: Unlike what his role would suggest, Jack is actually a laid back guy who enjoys the finer things of life...like gambling for fun. He tends to keep a lighter attitude, even on a job, believing that happy thoughts make things so much easier. Thus, he is quite known to crack a few jokes here and there, or even act like he doesn't even care about what's going often saying, "Eh, it's not that important. It will work itself out." In complete honesty though, he's being a lot more cautious and attentive than he actually lets on.
Weapon: Duel Desert Eagles (7 round clips)

I can be co-host, maybe. I only have one thing planned this month, and that is going to the YCS for sunday, so Dwarf maybe we will see each other ^-^
[color=#5a5a5a][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Name: Zeta Backwater[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5a5a5a][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Age: 19[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5a5a5a][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Job: Inceptor[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5a5a5a][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Totem: A mechanical eye that glows red when he's in a dream.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5a5a5a][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Team: Open[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5a5a5a][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Bio: His mother had disowned him and left him at a foster home when he was only just born.[/size][/font][/color][color=#ff0000][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] He had been raised there until he was 17, when he left the foster home. He saw a news channel talking about inceptors and extractors and stuff that he had not heard of. That's he decided he had to do that to get money. That's how he met a organization willing to pay him $200,000 dollars to extract [/font][/color][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#000080]a person's secrets. He did the job and eventually that organization started paying him to incept and extract for pay. But he quit after 1 year and started going around being hired to do it for anybody. But soon he decided to see what happened if he captured one, and he got payed by the goverment for it! [/color][color=#006400]So he decided to stop doing it because he wasnt gonna be a hippocrit.[/color][/font]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Appearance: [url="http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/150/f/2010/065/b/7/assassins_creed_III_new_by_spirit3886.jpg"]http://th03.devianta..._spirit3886.jpg[/url]
Personality: He has ADHD so sometimes he forgets to charge his mechanical eye. That made him almost get trapped in a dream at least 7 times.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]But yet he is still great at reading, and he's outgoing, smart, and athletic. He might not be the smartest when it comes to common sense, but overall he's probably the 3rd best extractor in the world. Probably.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Weapon: EMSP (Electro Magnetic Super Pulse) Grenades and a knife[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Clause' timestamp='1321109996' post='5634678']
I can be co-host, maybe. I only have one thing planned this month, and that is going to the YCS for sunday, so Dwarf maybe we will see each other ^-^
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Name: Zeta Backwater[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Age: 19[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Job: Inceptor[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Totem: A mechanical eye that glows red when he's in a dream.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Team: Open[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Bio: His mother had disowned him and left him at a foster home when he was only just born.[/size][/font][/color][color=#FF0000][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] He had been raised there until he was 17, when he left the foster home. He saw a news channel talking about inceptors and extractors and stuff that he had not heard of. That's he decided he had to do that to get money. That's how he met a organization willing to pay him $200,000 dollars to extract [/font][/color][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#000080]a person's secrets. He did the job and eventually that organization started paying him to incept and extract for pay. But he quit after 1 year and started going around being hired to do it for anybody. But soon he decided to see what happened if he captured one, and he got payed by the goverment for it! [/color][color=#006400]So he decided to stop doing it because he wasnt gonna be a hippocrit.[/color][/font]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Appearance: [url="http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/150/f/2010/065/b/7/assassins_creed_III_new_by_spirit3886.jpg"]http://th03.devianta..._spirit3886.jpg[/url]
Personality: He has ADHD so sometimes he forgets to charge his mechanical eye. That made him almost get trapped in a dream at least 7 times.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]But yet he is still great at reading, and he's outgoing, smart, and athletic. He might not be the smartest when it comes to common sense, but overall he's probably the 3rd best extractor in the world. Probably.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Weapon: EMSP (Electro Magnetic Super Pulse) Grenades and a knife[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Sunday? Pfft! I'm showing up Friday and entering the main tournament!!!

Also, nice app. :3

Name: Rachel Svendson
Job: Architect
Totem: A button when pushed makes a buzzing sound, a dream it doesn't make a sound
Team: Open
Bio: (4 lines minimum.)
Appearance: (Pic or discription.)
Personality: (2 lines minimum.)
Weapon: A Knife, A Silencer Pistol

I'm going to reserve, don't accept me til I finish my app

Mmm, not sure if this is my place to interfere, but it seems that what a totem is isn't clearly defined. They are all mundane objects that have a small physical defect which only the owner knows, such as Arthur's loaded dice. If that detail doesn't appear in a dream (if the dice roll a number they shouldn't, for example), then the person knows they aren't in a dream. It's not some magical alarm that goes off in a dream (color changing eye? really?) like you people have. :|

'Tis all. /poofs

[quote name='Kyubey' timestamp='1321158485' post='5636776']
Mmm, not sure if this is my place to interfere, but it seems that what a totem is isn't clearly defined. They are all mundane objects that have a small physical defect which only the owner knows, such as Arthur's loaded dice. If that detail doesn't appear in a dream (if the dice roll a number they shouldn't, for example), then the person knows they aren't in a dream. It's not some magical alarm that goes off in a dream (color changing eye? really?) like you people have. :neutral:

'Tis all. /poofs
[/quote]

True, probably gonna change mine. However, you must remember that it only works when you are in another person's dream. ;)

EDIT: Also, if it's only a physical defect, why does Cobb's keep spinning?

[quote name='Kyubey' timestamp='1321158485' post='5636776']
Mmm, not sure if this is my place to interfere, but it seems that what a totem is isn't clearly defined. They are all mundane objects that have a small physical defect which only the owner knows, such as Arthur's loaded dice. If that detail doesn't appear in a dream (if the dice roll a number they shouldn't, for example), then the person knows they aren't in a dream. It's not some magical alarm that goes off in a dream (color changing eye? really?) like you people have. :neutral:

'Tis all. /poofs
[/quote]

Thank you for pointing out that my Totem is like Arthur's. .-.

Now I have to think of a new one. <_<

[i]Im staying at a hotel across from YCS, so i decided to post this. Im gonna watch Inception online today. Also i tried and succeeded in making a EMP Grenade. 1 last thing: It only Glows red to Zeta, so no one else sees a red glow. It's an attachment he made with the money from his first extraction and inception job.[/i]

[quote name='TheRobloxian' timestamp='1321213219' post='5638031']
[i]Im staying at a hotel across from YCS, so i decided to post this. Im gonna watch Inception online today. Also i tried and succeeded in making a EMP Grenade. 1 last thing: It only Glows red to Zeta, so no one else sees a red glow. It's an attachment he made with the money from his first extraction and inception job.[/i]
[/quote]

ZOMG!!!!! I'M HEADING TO YCS THIS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE MIGHT DUEL EACH OTHER!!!!!! O:

*coughs* Excuse my spam. Justice Master, how many people are we wanting?

[quote name='Justice Master' timestamp='1321321598' post='5642450']
I'm waiting for Lazaruz.
[/quote]

Working on my app but I am currently stuck on what Job (thinking about Forger but not shure if I can pull it off) and Totem my character will have so please, do not wait for me if the survival of the RP is at risk.

[quote name='Lazaruz' timestamp='1321339008' post='5643060']
Working on my app but I am currently stuck on what Job (thinking about Forger but not shure if I can pull it off) and Totem my character will have so please, do not wait for me if the survival of the RP is at risk.
[/quote]
Well, we really just need one person to start, so it's not exclusively you.

Archived