Blood Water Hazard

AuroraM

My first card I'm posting in the 'Realistic Card' section! Woot woot!
[img]http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/8801/145723l.jpg[/img]
If I've got errors with OCG, please let me know what I got wrong, as I'm not too terribly experienced with OCG.

Lore (cause admittedly, it's a bit small):

"You may not activate this card the same turn you activate 'Water Hazard". Send one "Water Hazard" from your field to the graveyard: Destroy all Spell and Trap cards on your opponent's side of the field. Special Summon up to two Level 2 Fish-type monsters from your hand, deck or graveyard in Attack Position. They cannot be used as Synchro Material Monsters for a Synchro Summon, and during the End Phase, banish the two monsters summoned by this effect."

Artwork by me btw. Photography/Photoshop skeelz ftw ^^

This is pretty good. I like the effect and name >:3

My only 2 suggestions is take out the first clause : there's a TON of S/T destruction nowadays and to make this as playable as possible (without being broke obv), you should put that in to avoid them wiping away Water Hazard and ruining everything.

Secondly you should take out the no synchro materials clause - Synchros are becoming more dead as time progresses and the 2 level 2's would probably be better setup for an xyz summon instead.

[quote name='seattleite' timestamp='1321042997' post='5633139']
This is pretty good. I like the effect and name >:3

My only 2 suggestions is take out the first clause : there's a TON of S/T destruction nowadays and to make this as playable as possible (without being broke obv), you should put that in to avoid them wiping away Water Hazard and ruining everything.

Secondly you should take out the no synchro materials clause - Synchros are becoming more dead as time progresses and the 2 level 2's would probably be better setup for an xyz summon instead.
[/quote]

Thanks very much for the input! I'd like to hear other's opinions before I make any adjustments quite yet, but I like how you're thinking. It's just that, my weakness tends to be overpowering cards, so I was trying to compensate with little restrictions here and there. Still wanna know what other people are thinking about this card, but chances are if there are no objections, I'll go ahead and implement your edits. Thanks again ^^

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1321058750' post='5633810']
really good spell/trap clearing effect to your opponent's field you got there

now, as for the fish summoning effect, should be ok since you said no usage for synchro food

still there's the problem of XYZ food usage of it though
[/quote]

Thank you for the input, s' quite nice. Though I'm starting to disagree, I really don't think the Xyz food is much of a problem at all, at least at this point. I was aiming for a nod towards the Banisharks, firstly, and second off, there are currently four Rank 2 Xyz listed in Dueling Network. One of the four requires 3 Lv. 2 monsters, and the other three aren't that much to deal with either.

Plus, I was aiming for this card to have a lot of different possibilities at the same time. There are a lot more things you could do with this other than use it for Xyz food for fairly mediocre Rank 2 Xyz monsters.

[quote name='TheTragicPrince' timestamp='1321080411' post='5634373']
Thank you for the input, s' quite nice. Though I'm starting to disagree, I really don't think the Xyz food is much of a problem at all, at least at this point. I was aiming for a nod towards the Banisharks, firstly, and second off, there are currently four Rank 2 Xyz listed in Dueling Network. One of the four requires 3 Lv. 2 monsters, and the other three aren't that much to deal with either.

Plus, I was aiming for this card to have a lot of different possibilities at the same time. There are a lot more things you could do with this other than use it for Xyz food for fairly mediocre Rank 2 Xyz monsters.
[/quote]

then besides the Banisharks, what exactly else were you aiming for?

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1321167300' post='5636936']
then besides the Banisharks, what exactly else were you aiming for?
[/quote]

A lot of things. Say you had two high lv. Water monsters in your hand, or one even, and Big Wave Small Wave. Use this card when Water Hazard is out, bring out two little fish, use Big Wave Small Wave, and bam, two big water monsters out just like that!

Maybe the effects of said summmoned fish monster is something you want to use. Say you were running three Nimble Sunfish; you can take the attack from the Blood Water Hazard'ed one, then you've defense for two more attacks.

Plus, keep in mind it's a quick play, so it can be used during your opponent's turn. Just like Forgotten Temple of the Deep, for that matter (being able to use during your opponent's turn, not that it's a quick play). Maybe you wanted to use the fish for later; you could put him in the Forgotten Temple, and at the end of the turn, the dude's out permanently.

On top of that, yes, there is the possibility of Xyz as well.

Not to mention that you now have two Special Summoned monsters, ripe on the field. Tribute both for a Lv. 7+ just like that.

...I'm starting to think I overpowered this card...T_T

Archived