That otk/ftk idea i had

crystalfeet

[img]http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/7820/511441.jpg[/img]
effect:
When this card is summoned it attacks you directly (you cannot conduct another attack with this card during the Battle-Phase of the turn this card was summoned).

[img]http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8430/511441m.jpg[/img]

effect:
When this card is summoned it attacks you directly (you cannot conduct another attack with this card during the Battle-Phase of the turn this card was summoned).

[img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7820/511441.jpg[/img]
effect:
This turn when you summon a 'Berserk' monster it attacks your opponent directly as well.

[img]http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/7820/511441.jpg[/img]
effect:
Inflict damage to your opponent equal to 400X the number of removed from play cards.

[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090220185209/yugioh/images/thumb/b/b9/InfernoTempestEP1-EN-C-UE.jpg/300px-InfernoTempestEP1-EN-C-UE.jpg[/img]
this ones real!!

I think it's obvious what happens in the deck 'inferno tempest' is a quick-play. So this works :D hurah!!!!

for Rasir, I don't get it. With 4000 atk why does it attack YOU directly? It's a OTK effect on yourself, you were supposed to say your opponent

the same is true for Elma, and that one is even worse at 5000 atk

the Balance Everything is better, but it still seems wrong in such a way given the really high atks of your monsters

And Curse of the Past's burn effect is too much at 400 per card, too easy OTK setup

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1321121016' post='5635063']
for Rasir, I don't get it. With 4000 atk why does it attack YOU directly? It's a OTK effect on yourself, you were supposed to say your opponent

the same is true for Elma, and that one is even worse at 5000 atk

the Balance Everything is better, but it still seems wrong in such a way given the really high atks of your monsters

And Curse of the Past's burn effect is too much at 400 per card, too easy OTK setup
[/quote]
You're not quite getting his drift - the point of attacking "yourself" allows you to fulfill the conditions for Inferno Tempest - once that goes through, you can use Curse for game.

And technically, it's a 3-card OTK/FTK, assuming Tempest removes at least 20 monsters in total :P

[quote name='Zextra' timestamp='1321138852' post='5635792']
You're not quite getting his drift - the point of attacking "yourself" allows you to fulfill the conditions for Inferno Tempest - once that goes through, you can use Curse for game.

And technically, it's a 3-card OTK/FTK, assuming Tempest removes at least 20 monsters in total :P
[/quote]

All right I'll accept that Zextra

I am curious as to how popular the Inferno Tempest is nowadays

Well ti's a good idea for an otk. It's a 3 card combo yes but if you have a lot of monster cards like the above said berserk's and a few more working on the same line you could spawn an entire range of otk idea's here's another for example, if say the only cards in your grave are your berserk monsters and say your opponent has 1 lv 4 or lower monster in his grave use this
[img]http://www.tradecardsonline.com/img/cards/YuGiOh/1259/RGBT-EN077.jpg[/img]

[size=4][b]Bone Temple Block[/b]:[/size]
[size=3]Discard 1 card. Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your opponent's Graveyard to your side of the field, and your opponent Special Summons 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your Graveyard to your opponent's side of the field. Those monsters are destroyed during the End Phase of the next turn.[/size]
[size=3]That's another real card that no one really uses.[/size]

[size=3]But a major point in the game is to bring out the true potential of the cards that already exist.[/size]
It can be in combo's or by some other means. But to a duelist just relying on one cards effect to win games is his Achilles Heel.
Most of us use some strategy(mostly overused ones like 6 sam's ,dark world ,agents , etc.) only to win games as quickly as possible.
But the game is more than just about winning, it's to test how really good you are. A good duelist according to me is original, he is a team player playing with all his cards using them in endless combos to win rather than just 1 extremely overused one.

For example the Dark World deck true power is the 'gate of the dark world' field spell take that out and the deck come's to a stand still.
With agents it is the ability to summon hyperion, without which its really quite weak.
For six sam's it's spawn speed which rely too much on monsters a trap called summon limit totally screws with this deck. And in practice i have won against these decks only cause they rely too much on one combo to win and don't try anything new.

I went a little overboard explaining myself sorry :D

[quote name='crystalfeet' timestamp='1321168316' post='5636954']
Well ti's a good idea for an otk. It's a 3 card combo yes but if you have a lot of monster cards like the above said berserk's and a few more working on the same line you could spawn an entire range of otk idea's here's another for example, if say the only cards in your grave are your berserk monsters and say your opponent has 1 lv 4 or lower monster in his grave use this
[img]http://www.tradecardsonline.com/img/cards/YuGiOh/1259/RGBT-EN077.jpg[/img]

[size=4][b]Bone Temple Block[/b]:[/size]
[size=3]Discard 1 card. Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your opponent's Graveyard to your side of the field, and your opponent Special Summons 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your Graveyard to your opponent's side of the field. Those monsters are destroyed during the End Phase of the next turn.[/size]
[size=3]That's another real card that no one really uses.[/size]

[size=3]But a major point in the game is to bring out the true potential of the cards that already exist.[/size]
It can be in combo's or by some other means. But to a duelist just relying on one cards effect to win games is his Achilles Heel.
Most of us use some strategy(mostly overused ones like 6 sam's ,dark world ,agents , etc.) only to win games as quickly as possible.
But the game is more than just about winning, it's to test how really good you are. A good duelist according to me is original, he is a team player playing with all his cards using them in endless combos to win rather than just 1 extremely overused one.

For example the Dark World deck true power is the 'gate of the dark world' field spell take that out and the deck come's to a stand still.
With agents it is the ability to summon hyperion, without which its really quite weak.
For six sam's it's spawn speed which rely too much on monsters a trap called summon limit totally screws with this deck. And in practice i have won against these decks only cause they rely too much on one combo to win and don't try anything new.

I went a little overboard explaining myself sorry :D
[/quote]
Actually, that's the way most OTK works - for example, both the Gustaph Max and Fenix OTKs utilize useless cards like Avian, Burstinatrix, etc. - in the Gustaph FTK, even Bubble Illusion is used.
However, the one "false" statement you made would be that Agents would be useless without Hyperion - true, they wouldn't be as strong, but Agents have plenty of boss monsters, the other main one being Krystia, which, for the most part, is probably more devastating than Hyperion.

But you have the right idea :3

Archived