Mr. guy

Well, here is a new archetype I've been working on. The cards have been playtested, and they seem to be doing their job. They focus on your opponent having more monsters on the field than you, which naturally makes them very anti-swarm. Take a look for yourself, I spent a lot of time on these. Images really do make the cards, and I am working on some concept art, but I would like a real artist to consider helping me. Without further ado, here are the cards!

Valor

Valor Knight: ****
Light effect monster
Warrior type
1400/1800
If your opponent has more monsters on the field than you, this card gains 400 attack for each.

Valor Striker: ***
Light effect monster
Warrior type
1100/900
You can only activate this effect if your opponent controls more monsters than you control. Once per turn when this card declares an attack, it can gain attack so that it has 100 more than the attacked monster's ATK (if in ATK mode) or DEF (if in DEF mode).

Valor Priest: ***
Light effect monster
Spellcaster type
1500/1400
Activate once per turn if your opponent controls more monsters than you control. Gain 500 life points for each. If there are no monsters on your opponent's side of the field during the end phase, inflict 1000 points of direct damage to your life points.

Valor sheilder: **
Light effect monster
Spellcaster type
100/2000
You can only activate this effect if your opponent controls more monsters than you control. When your opponent's monster declares an attack, negate the attack. If your opponent controls the same amount or less monsters, this card switches to ATK mode and its battle position cannot be changed.

Valor silvertongue: ****
Light effect monster
Spellcaster type
1300/1200
You can only activate this effect if your opponent controls 4 more monsters than you control. Take control of one of your opponent's monsters. If you control 2 or more monsters more than your opponent controls and your opponent controls a monster, return the monster to your opponent's side of the field.

Valor infiltrator: **
Light effect monster
Warrior type
1200/1000
If your opponent controls more monsters than you control, this card can attack your opponent directly.

Valor Suppressor: ******
Light effect monster
Warrior type
2200/1800
Once per turn when your opponent summons a monster so that they would have more than you, you can negate the summon and destroy the monster. If your opponent has less monsters than you, you cannot summon.

Valor swordmaster: ********
Light effect monster
Warrior type
2800/2400
If your opponent controls more monsters than you control, "Valor" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects except their own. If this monster is selected as an attack target while your opponent controls less monsters than you, destroy it at the end of damage calculation.

Valor avenger: ****
Light effect monster
Warrior type
1900/0
This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card can only be special summoned if one of your "Valor" monsters was destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard
last turn. Once per turn, destroy one monster on your opponent's side of the field. If your opponent controls the same number or less monsters than you control, destroy this card.

Valor resister: ***
Light effect monster
Warrior type
900/1600
Once per turn, when this card is returned from the field to the hand, you can special summon it. If your opponent controls more monsters than you do, this card gains 1000 attack.

Valor Master mage: *******
Light effect monster
Spellcaster type
2600/2500
You can only activate this effect if your opponent controls more monsters than you control. Destroy one spell or trap on the field. This effect cannot be negated. If your opponent controls less monsters than you control, you cannot activate trap cards or quick play spell cards.

Valor monk: *****
Light effect monster
Spellcaster type
2000/2000
When this card is summoned, banish the top cards of your deck equal to the amount of monsters your opponent has more than you. When you have no monsters on the field, special summon all level 4 or lower "valor" monsters among the picked up cards, and put the rest into your hand.

Valor Conjurer: %%%
Light effect/XYZ monster
Spellcaster type
2600/1700
2 level 3 monsters
Once per turn you can special summon one soldier token (Warrior/DARK/4 stars/0/1000) to your opponent's side of the field in face up defense position. These tokens cannot be used as synchro materials. Detach one XYZ material monster to change all monsters on the field into face up attack position. Flip effects are not activated at this time.

Valor Paladin: %%%%
Light effect/XYZ monster
Warrior type
2400/2900
2 level 4 Warrior type monsters
Once per turn, if this is the only monster on your side of the field you can activate one of these effects.
-If your opponent controls more monsters than you, detach 1 xyz material and destroy monsters on their side of the field so that they control the same amount as you. (Your opponent chooses the monsters.)
-Detach 1 xyz material to negate the activation of an attack or effect that destroys this face up monster. You can activate this during your opponent's turn if you didn't activate any of "Valor Paladin's" effects last turn.
-Gain 300 life points for each "Valor" monster in your graveyard. This card cannot declare an attack if you activate this effect.

Call to action
Trap card
Return one "Valor" monster you control to the deck to special summon a level 6 or lower "Valor" monster from your hand.

Call to duty
Trap card
Return two "valor" monsters you control to the deck to special summon a "Valor" monster from your hand.

Heroism
Quick play spell card
Play only when you have a face up "valor" monster on the field, and your opponent controls two more monsters than you control. Double the ATK and DEF of one "valor" monster on the field, and it can't be destroyed by card effects. Both of these effects end at the end of the turn this card is activated.

Cowardice
Trap card
Special summon as many "Valor" monsters from your graveyard in face up defense position. Their effects are negated, and they can't be used as tributes for a tribute summon, synchro summon, or xyz material monsters.

With you in spirit
Spell card
Banish one "Valor" monster from your graveyard. Select one "valor" monster in your graveyard and equip it to one face up "Valor" monster you control. The equipped monster gains its effects.

Valor spirit
Trap card
Select on "valor" monster on your side of the field. Reveal one "valor" monster from your deck. The selected monster gains the revealed monster's effects until end of turn.

Outmanned
Spell card
Summon two soldier tokens to your opponent's side of the field in face up ATK position (WARRIOR type/DARK/4 stars/1000/0). It cannot be used as a synchro material.

Outgunned
Trap card
Activate only when an opponent's monster with an ATK higher than your face up monster with the highest ATK declares an attack. Switch the attack target to defence mode and it cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects this turn.

Outclassed
Quick play spell card
Play only when one of your opponent's monster's effects activate. Select one "Valor" monster on the field. It gains 1500 attack until end of turn.

True valor
Trap card
Only activate when you have less monsters than your opponent, and 1500 or less life points. Reduce your life points to 100 and sacrifice one "Valor" monster on your side of the field. Destroy all cards on the field and Special summon a "Divine knight" token. (WARRIOR type/LIGHT/12 stars/1900/1500/You take no battle damage from battles involving this card.)

Relieved of duty
Trap card
Banish one "Valor" monster from the field. Target one other "Valor" monster on the field, it gains ATK equal to half the attack of the banished monster.

Regroup
Quick play spell card
Return one "Valor" monster on the field to the hand. If the returned card was "Valor resister" Special summon one "Knight" token to your side of the field. (WARRIOR type/LIGHT/4 stars/2000/1800)

A legend emerges
Quick play spell card
Activate when you control no monsters, and your opponent controls a monster. Special summon one level 4 or lower "Valor" monster from your hand or grave.

Spirit of valor
Continuous spell card
If your opponent controls more monsters than you do, you can activate this effect. When one of your monsters destroys an opponents monster by battle, inflict 1000 points of direct damage to your opponent after damage calculation.

Fighting chance
Trap card
Activate only when you control a face up "valor" monster. Banish one valor monster from your graveyard to draw cards equal to the number of monsters your opponent controls more than you.

Ring of honor
Field spell
When a defense position monster is selected as an attack target, and the attacking player has less monsters than the defending player, the monster is switched to face up attack position. Flip effects are not activated at this time.

I love these. It's a great game mechanic that hasn't really been explored to this extent before, and your cards have made a very versatile stragety around it. For the most part they all appear to be pretty well balanced too, although the Divine Knight Token seems a bit strong since you get to wipe out the field before you summon it. Maybe put a clause in True Valor that prevents it from being used in the same turn you summoned a monster.

There are a few little nagging OCG errors, such as capitalization and quotes placement, but otherwise it's a deck that I'd definately like to play with. Great cards, and welcome to the site.

I really like the cards, it's a shame you don't have pictures because they would look great. I like the effects that they have; they are creative and thoughtful. Unfortunately I can't go into further details with the XYZ cards - I'm not quite familiar with them yet.
Anyways, some OCG errors like capitalization here and there on certain words, but other than that I think they're great.
Good job!

Thanks everyone.

I've actually playtested these cards over dueling network. They have a nice, unique strategy.

The %'s mean rank, so a rank 4 XYZ is %%%%. In case you don't know they are summoned by overlaying two (or more) monsters of the same level as their rank. They have effects which detach these overlayed monsters.

I am working on some concept art. I finished striker and I'll upload soon.

Oh, and about the knigth token, it's supposed to be like that, because it's really a last resort. Maybe if it was summoned during your end phase or something I suppose, but it's really supposed to be a comeback device.

I just realized after reading you reply about the Xyz monsters, that you didn't specify the number of materials required to summon them. As far as I am aware, you have to use the EXACT amount of Xyz materials (not more just because you feel like it), so you need to say "2 level 4 monsters" at the start of their effect.

• 2 weeks later...

I made some concept art in my spare time, Don't judge me as an artist because I'm pretty terrible at it, even more so on the computer. These are a few sketches I had down in my notebook IRL. It'll help get a census of how the cards look.
[img]http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8397/302352.jpg[/img][img]http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9864/302352g.jpg[/img]

Archived