Dragon's Get An Xyz Archetype [ Metal Dragons ]

Agro

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1321420590' post='5645843']
all right, but will you add more if nothing happens by the time the weekend comes?
[/quote]Idk, I made these for an RP, we'll see if I get anymore ideas. I'm beginning to think I might just make an entire archetype on "Metal Dragon"

My first impression of that Stardust Metal is "Whoa whoa whoa, if you call the card right, the opponent can't use card effects of that type for like...the rest of the duel!?" That might be a tad harsh, methinks, especially if you call two right.

But then again, the dude IS Rank 8, so maybe that power is deserved.

Speaking of Rank, something bugs me about the Rank 6 having higher stats than the Rank 8. I (think I) know what you were going for; Stardust traditionally has 2500 ATK, but maybe you should switch the ATK between Prime Metal and Stardust Metal? Or, seeing as how he's Metal and all, up Stardust Metal's DEF to 3000 or something like that.
Bah, none of that is really all that important though.

I personally don't have a HUGE problem with Prime Metal's effect, though a bit overpowered imo. Maybe put a clause in there saying the Special Summoned monster cannot attack the turn it was summoned, or something along those lines. And since you can only do it twice, that might not even be necessarily.

(forgive my slight scatterbrained-ness that I've just realized in myself. I hope any of this is making some shred of sense XD)

I'm going to say, the thing that bugs me most is Prime Metal's ATK is 3k and Stardust Metal's is 2.5k, when Stardust is Rank 8 and Prime is Rank 6. Something about that wigs me out, man. But hey, just suggestions and thoughts, take em or leave em. ^^

[quote name='TheTragicPrince' timestamp='1321424923' post='5645900']
My first impression of that Stardust Metal is "Whoa whoa whoa, if you call the card right, the opponent can't use card effects of that type for like...the rest of the duel!?" That might be a tad harsh, methinks, especially if you call two right.

But then again, the dude IS Rank 8, so maybe that power is deserved.

Speaking of Rank, something bugs me about the Rank 6 having higher stats than the Rank 8. I (think I) know what you were going for; Stardust traditionally has 2500 ATK, but maybe you should switch the ATK between Prime Metal and Stardust Metal? Or, seeing as how he's Metal and all, up Stardust Metal's DEF to 3000 or something like that.
Bah, none of that is really all that important though.

I personally don't have a HUGE problem with Prime Metal's effect, though a bit overpowered imo. Maybe put a clause in there saying the Special Summoned monster cannot attack the turn it was summoned, or something along those lines. And since you can only do it twice, that might not even be necessarily.

(forgive my slight scatterbrained-ness that I've just realized in myself. I hope any of this is making some shred of sense XD)

I'm going to say, the thing that bugs me most is Prime Metal's ATK is 3k and Stardust Metal's is 2.5k, when Stardust is Rank 8 and Prime is Rank 6. Something about that wigs me out, man. But hey, just suggestions and thoughts, take em or leave em. ^^
[/quote]I guess I forgot to make Stardust's effect say: until the End Phase. I must've deleted it when I'd edited it earlier, I'll do that.

The attack for Stardust is lower because it's an all around better monster, but I see what you mean, so I'll increase it to 3000 so it's like Assault mode and decrease Prime Metal to 2800 like I'd meant to do from the start.

EDIT: fixed that up.

[quote name='AggroDrago' timestamp='1321425257' post='5645904']
I guess I forgot to make Stardust's effect say: until the End Phase. I must've deleted it when I'd edited it earlier, I'll do that.

The attack for Stardust is lower because it's an all around better monster, but I see what you mean, so I'll increase it to 3000 so it's like Assault mode and decrease Prime Metal to 2800 like I'd meant to do from the start.
[/quote]
Friggin scared me with thinking you couldn't use the effects for the rest of the game! Hookay, this makes things cooler!
True, Stardust Metal is a better monster than Prime Metal, but then again, my reasoning was that Thunder-End Dragon is Rank 8, 3K ATK, 2K DEF, and can wipe the field clean of monsters TWICE by detatching. If Thunder-End has that kind of power, I didn't think it would have hurt too much for Stardust Metal to go up to 3K as well.

It's like Stardust Metal is the defensive effect, and Thunder End is the offensive effect. Oh man, now I wanna see these two dragons duke it out, now we can bring it on! Stardust Metal vs. Thunder End, Dark vs. Light, Epic vs. Epic!!!

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot to mention, really epic pictures you got goin' there!

[quote name='TheTragicPrince' timestamp='1321426193' post='5645916']
Friggin scared me with thinking you couldn't use the effects for the rest of the game! Hookay, this makes things cooler!
True, Stardust Metal is a better monster than Prime Metal, but then again, my reasoning was that Thunder-End Dragon is Rank 8, 3K ATK, 2K DEF, and can wipe the field clean of monsters TWICE by detatching. If Thunder-End has that kind of power, I didn't think it would have hurt too much for Stardust Metal to go up to 3K as well. [b]Thunder End is probably tougher to get out than Stardust Metal, but maybe less now with the new Dragons coming in Order of Chaos.[/b]

It's like Stardust Metal is the defensive effect, and Thunder End is the offensive effect. Oh man, now I wanna see these two dragons duke it out, now we can bring it on! Stardust Metal vs. Thunder End, Dark vs. Light, Epic vs. Epic!!! [b]xD that'd be pretty funny to watch.[/b]

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot to mention, really epic pictures you got goin' there! http://partneryahoo.photobucket.com/albums/zz178/JazinKay/ [b]<<All the cool people go here[/b]
[/quote]

Oh, Stardust Metal Dragon is retardedly bad compared to Stardust itself.

You should be able to go into Stardust in Disaster Dragons, so you have no need to play Stardust Metal unless you really want to waste 2 REDRUM on it.

Prime Metal is crying out LOOP to me.

Best designed card here is Metal Dragon General. Well balanced, fairly easy to get out in its own deck, not overly splashable. Quite like it.

[quote name='Cursed Reaction' timestamp='1321467860' post='5646565']
Oh, Stardust Metal Dragon is retardedly bad compared to Stardust itself.

You should be able to go into Stardust in Disaster Dragons, so you have no need to play Stardust Metal unless you really want to waste 2 REDRUM on it.

Prime Metal is crying out LOOP to me.
[/quote]When you say waste 2 REDMD, I only assume you mean the effects? Cause it's Rank 8. (also works with Darkstream loop)

Speaking of loop, what's the one you see with Prime Metal?

[quote name='AggroDrago' timestamp='1321468176' post='5646579']
When you say waste 2 REDMD, I only assume you mean the effects? Cause it's Rank 8. (also works with Darkstream loop)

Speaking of loop, what's the one you see with Prime Metal?
[/quote]

Yeah. Going into a random Rank 8 seems bad when you can just really go for Trident OTK.

And not a loop of sorts, but so ridiculously abusable. i.e. it's pretty much replacing itself when it dies with another one of itself. Do some mass revive to win.

I like the potential on the first one lots. Not sure I'd use it, but with Genesis and Light Pulsar it can't be that difficult to Summon. The second one's pretty much an Xyz version Stardust Dragon/AM and is pretty boring, because I'd rather keep my Level 8 Dragons and just use Stardust to prevent the destruction.

Metal Dragon, however, I'm not so sure I like that. It seems [i]way[/i] too easy to use that effect and control the game for 2 Level 5 Dragons.

[quote name='- Sharpshooter -' timestamp='1321468593' post='5646594']
I like the potential on the first one lots. Not sure I'd use it, but with Genesis and Light Pulsar it can't be that difficult to Summon. The second one's pretty much an Xyz version Stardust Dragon/AM and is pretty boring, because I'd rather keep my Level 8 Dragons and just use Stardust to prevent the destruction.

Metal Dragon, however, I'm not so sure I like that. It seems [i]way[/i] too easy to use that effect and control the game for 2 Level 5 Dragons.
[/quote]As easy as say... Shi En? :3 And They're all Metal Dragon's. :3 fufu

Stardust is meant (now more than ever) as an alt to TED, and pretty easy to pull off with Darkstream.

[quote name='Cursed Reaction' timestamp='1321468581' post='5646593']
Yeah. Going into a random Rank 8 seems bad when you can just really go for Trident OTK.

And not a loop of sorts, but so ridiculously abusable. i.e. it's pretty much replacing itself when it dies with another one of itself. Do some mass revive to win.
[/quote]Like I said above, basically for when you have 2 Level 8s and you'd like to do something better (like if you have 2 Blue-Eyes and don't need TED)

That's a loop I'll have to think through. I'm not completely sure how easily it automatically makes itself again, nor how easily it'll have Level 6 monsters banished to be used.

[quote name='AggroDrago' timestamp='1321469033' post='5646609']
As easy as say... Shi En? :3 And They're all Metal Dragon's. :3 fufu

Stardust is meant (now more than ever) as an alt to TED, and pretty easy to pull off with Darkstream.

Like I said above, basically for when you have 2 Level 8s and you'd like to do something better (like if you have 2 Blue-Eyes and don't need TED)

That's a loop I'll have to think through. I'm not completely sure how easily it automatically makes itself again, nor how easily it'll have Level 6 monsters banished to be used.
[/quote]

Then can't you just make another card to plug the loop?

[quote name='- Sharpshooter -' timestamp='1321483667' post='5647068']
Point exactly. Shien's not good for the game, either. I just don't think dropping the two Level 5 Dragons would be that difficult, especially not with Instant Fusion or something, and it'd be worth it for the control it gives you.
[/quote]There even a Level 5 Dragon Fusion w/ no restrictions?

And it only alots you 2 turns of use. Compared to Shi En, which is forever.

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1321484849' post='5647121']
Then can't you just make another card to plug the loop?
[/quote] You want me to make a card to make this completely broken? >_>
[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1321485007' post='5647131']
nowadays, 2 turns is plenty, Aggro.

Sometimes 1 turn is all you really need
[/quote]And Shi En gives you infinite.

Archived