Alpha Archetype

NeoRWBY65

The base cards in this archetype are all effect monsters with abilities that support swarming. Then, they evolve into ritual monsters that some of the members search for from the deck, using ritual spell cards that the other members search out. Then, the ritual monsters fuse together to form fusion monsters. Some of the Fusion monsters are also tuners, and they combine to synchro summon level 12 synchro monsters. Then, the level 12 synchro monsters become Xyz material attached to the boss monster, a rank 12 Xyz.

Effect Monsters

Alpha Beast
EARTH
Level 1
Beast/Effect
You can special summon this card while you control an "Alpha" monster (other than "Alpha Beast"). Once per turn, you can add 1 "Alpha to Beta Ritual" to your hand from your deck or your graveyard.
ATK 200/ DEF 200

Alpha Sea Serpent
WATER
Level 1
Sea Serpent/Effect
You can special summon this card while you control an "Alpha" monster (other than "Alpha Sea Serpent"). Once per turn, you can add 1 "Beta Sea Serpent" to your hand from your deck or your graveyard.
ATK 200/ DEF 200

Alpha Were-wolf
EARTH
Level 1
Beast Warrior/Effect
You can special summon this card while you control an "Alpha" monster (other than "Alpha Were-wolf"). Once per turn, you can add 1 "Alpha Barracks" to your hand from your deck or your graveyard.
ATK 200/ DEF 200

Alpha Warrior
EARTH
Level 1
Warrior/Effect
You can special summon this card while you control an "Alpha" monster (other than "Alpha Warrior"). Once per turn, you can add 1 "Beta Warrior" to your hand from your deck or your graveyard.
ATK/200 DEF/200

Alpha Telepath
DARK
Level 1
Psychic/Effect
You can special summon this card while you control an "Alpha" monster (other than "Alpha Telepath"). Once per turn, you can add 1 "Alpha-Beta-Gamma Mobile Fortress" to your hand from your deck or your graveyard.
ATK 200/ DEF 200

Alpha Pixie
LIGHT
Level 1
Fairy/Effect
You can special summon this card while you control an "Alpha" monster (other than "Alpha Pixie"). Once per turn, you can add 1 "Beta Pixie" to your hand from your deck or your graveyard.
ATK 200/DEF 200

Alpha Frog
WATER
Level 1
Aqua/Effect
You can special summon this card while you control an "Alpha" monster (other than "Alpha Frog"). Once per turn, you can add 1 "Alpha Spears" to your hand from your deck or your graveyard.
ATK 200/DEF 200

Alpha Archfiend
DARK
Level 1
Fiend/Effect
You can special summon this card while you control an "Alpha" monster (other than "Alpha Archfiend"). Once per turn, you can add 1 "Beta Archfiend" to your hand from your deck or your graveyard.
ATK 200/DEF 200

Alpha Skeleton
DARK
Level 1
Zombie/Effect
You can special summon this card while you control an "Alpha" monster (other than "Alpha Skeleton"). Once per turn, you can add 1 " Alpha Sword of Destruction" to your hand from your deck or your graveyard.
ATK 200/DEF 200

Alpha Wyrmling
FIRE
Level 1
Dragon/Effect
You can special summon this card while you control an "Alpha" monster (other than "Alpha Wyrmling"). Once per turn, you can add 1 "Beta Wyvern" to your hand from your deck or your graveyard.
ATK 200/DEF 200

Alpha Robot
EARTH
Level 1
Machine/Effect
You can special summon this card while you control an "Alpha" monster (other than "Alpha Robot"). Once per turn, you can add 1 "Beta Command Center" to your hand from your deck or your graveyard.
ATK 200/DEF 200

Alpha Mage
DARK
Level 1
Spellcaster/Effect
You can special summon this card while you control an "Alpha" monster (other than "Alpha Mage"). Once per turn, you can add 1 "Beta Magician" to your hand from your deck or your graveyard.
ATK 200/DEF 200

Spell Cards and Trap Cards.

Alpha to Beta Ritual
Spell/Ritual
This card is used to Ritual Summon "Beta" ritual monsters. You must tribute monsters on the field whose total levels equal the level of the Ritual monster you are attempting to Ritual summon.

Alpha Barracks
Spell/Continuous
All "Alpha" monsters you control increase their levels by one for every monster you control. You can return this card to the deck to add 1 "Alpha to Beta Ritual" to your hand from your deck or your graveyard.

Alpha-Beta-Gamma Mobile Fortress
Spell/Field
Once per turn, you can add 1 "Alpha to Beta Ritual" to your hand from your deck or your graveyard. You can special summon "Gamma" fusion monsters from your extra deck by banishing the materials from your field (this special summon is treated as a fusion summon). All "Alpha" monsters you control can can attack directly. If this card would be destroyed, return it to your deck instead.

Alpha Spears
Trap/Continuous
All "Alpha" monster you control gain 200 ATK for each monster you control. You can return this card to your deck to add 1 "Alpha to Beta Ritual" to your hand from your deck or your graveyard.

Alpha Sword of Destruction
Spell/Equip
You can only equip this card to an "Alpha", "Beta", "Gamma", or "Delta" monster. Once per turn, you can select one monster on the field. The monster equipped with this card gains ATK equal to the ATK of the selected monster until the end of your opponent's next turn. You can send this card back to your deck to add 1 "Alpha to Beta Ritual" to your hand from your deck or your graveyard.

Beta Command Center
Spell/Continuous
Once per turn, you can select one "Beta" monster you control. That monster can attack directly this turn.

Ritual Monsters

Beta Sea Serpent
WATER
Level 5
Sea Serpent/Ritual/Effect
This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell card, "Alpha to Beta Ritual". You can return "Alpha" monsters from your graveyard to your deck to increase this card's ATK by 100 for each card returned until the end phase.
ATK 2000/ DEF 800

Beta Warrior
EARTH
Level 5
Warrior/Ritual/Effect
This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, "Alpha to Beta Ritual". Once per turn, you can banish up to 3 monsters from your opponent's graveyard. For every card banished, this card gains 300 ATK till the end phase.
ATK 2000/ DEF 500

Beta Pixie
LIGHT
Level 3
Fairy/Ritual/Effect
This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, "Alpha to Beta Ritual". You can return one card to your deck from your graveyard to negate this card's destruction.
ATK 1400/ DEF 200

Beta Archfiend
DARK
Level 3
Fiend/Ritual/Effect
This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, "Alpha to Beta Ritual". Once per turn, you can return one card in your graveyard to your deck to destroy one face up card on the field.
ATK 1200/ DEF 400

Beta Wyvern
FIRE
Level 5
Dragon/Ritual/Effect
This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, "Alpha to Beta Ritual". You can send the top card of your deck to the graveyard to increase this cards ATK by 100 until the End Phase.
ATK 2000/DEF 500

Beta Magician
DARK
Level 5
Spellcaster/Ritual/Effect
This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, "Alpha to Beta Ritual". You can send "Alpha" monsters from your graveyard back to your deck to decrease the ATK of 1 monster your opponent controls by 100 for each card sent.
ATK 2000/DEF 300
Fusion Monsters

Gamma Knight's Sea Serpent
WATER
Level 8
Warrior/Fusion/Effect
"Beta Sea Serpent" + "Beta Warrior"
When this card attacks and destroys a monster by battle, you can banish 1 card your opponent controls.
ATK 3000/ DEF 1500

Gamma Chaos Twins
LIGHT
Level 4
Fiend/Fusion/Tuner
"Beta Pixie" + "Beta Archfiend"
You can return one card to your deck from your graveyard to negate this card's destruction. When you do, destroy one card on your opponent's field
ATK 1800/DEF 300

Gamma Magician the Dragon Knight
DARK
Level 8
Dragon/Fusion/Effect
"Beta Wyvern" + "Beta Magician"
You can banish cards in your opponent's graveyard to increase the ATK of this card by 100 for each card banished until the End Phase.
ATK 3000/DEF 1000

Synchro Monsters

Delta Lord Supernova Dragon
LIGHT
Level 12
Dragon/Synchro/Effect
1 Fusion Tuner + 1 "Gamma" non-tuner monster
You can return cards in your hand to the deck once per turn. When you do, return cards on your opponent's field to their hand equal to the number of cards you returned to your deck.
ATK 4000/ DEF 400

Xyz Monster

Epsilon Emperor The Dragon Knight
LIGHT
Rank 12
Spellcaster/Xyz/Effect
3 level 12 "Delta" monsters
This card gains 1000 ATK for each Xyz material attached to it. Once per turn, you can detach one Xyz material from this card to special summon as many monsters in your graveyard as possible.
ATK 5000/DEF 500

I have a problem with Beta Sea Serpent. From the levels of your other monsters, it looks like there will be 5 Alpha's in the graveyard at least which means right away, it could get an ATK of 4500. Sure it's hard to summon but there should be some drawback to the effect.
I do like the whole "evolving" from an Alpha to a Beta idea though.

[quote name='Lord_Cow_Cow' timestamp='1321333023' post='5642927']
I have a problem with Beta Sea Serpent. From the levels of your other monsters, it looks like there will be 5 Alpha's in the graveyard at least which means right away, it could get an ATK of 4500. Sure it's hard to summon but there should be some drawback to the effect.
I do like the whole "evolving" from an Alpha to a Beta idea though.
[/quote]
How does 100 points per Alpha returned instead? Next I will figure out how make the Gamma Fusion Monsters, and they have to use the Beta Rituals as materials.

[quote name='NeoTwice' timestamp='1321333237' post='5642936']
Ritual, then Fusion, then Synch, then Xyz? I'm just going to say right now, that's one very hard to achive win condition.

The cards you have there at the moment aren't bad, but, yeah.. refer to my first point.
[/quote]

I just thought it would be fun to make an archetype that features all of the main types of cards in the order that they appeared. Yeah, that would be hard to get all the way to the Xyz monster at the top.

[quote name='Lord_Cow_Cow' timestamp='1321333714' post='5642966']
I'd probably say 200. I'm interested to see how this turns out. In a real match I probably wouldn't try to go all the way to the Xyz, but in a just for fun game I'd be doing it all the time.
[/quote]

That is probably what I would do as well.

[quote name='NeoTwice' timestamp='1321333823' post='5642973']
That's fair enough I suppose, although I'd much rather play an archetype that was versatile enough to utilize any type of monster from the word go, rather than be forced to work my way up. Compared to decks that just synch, or just xyz, this archetype will be slow.
[/quote]

Fair point. But, cards with tougher summoning conditions usually have better effects.

Well, Gamma Knight is VERY powerful, but due to the difficulty of summoning, I'll let it pass. Though maybe lower to banishing 1 card, or specifying the type of card that can be banished would be good.

Barracks: well it's use is obvious , make it easier to summon the Betas. And since it only gains one level it's fine balance-wise. Although it sounds more like a field spell IMO.

Well, this is the point where Archetypes could get OP, so be careful.

[quote name='Lord_Cow_Cow' timestamp='1321405297' post='5645144']
Well, Gamma Knight is VERY powerful, but due to the difficulty of summoning, I'll let it pass. Though maybe lower to banishing 1 card, or specifying the type of card that can be banished would be good.

Barracks: well it's use is obvious , make it easier to summon the Betas. And since it only gains one level it's fine balance-wise. Although it sounds more like a field spell IMO.

Well, this is the point where Archetypes could get OP, so be careful.
[/quote]

I changed Gamma Knight to only banishing one card.

For Barracks, it does sound like a field spell, but how would you explain a field spell returning to your deck?

I will try to be careful with preventing it from getting OP.

[quote name='NeoTwice' timestamp='1321406039' post='5645168']
There's no reason a field card can't return to your deck. Maybe call it "Alpha - Mobile Barracks" if you want it to correlate more. I'm thinking C&C style command center.
[/quote]

Fair enough, I'll make the next support card a field spell that can return to my deck

Made the field spell.

[quote name='Lord_Cow_Cow' timestamp='1321409117' post='5645306']
Well, the field spell kind of makes the 2nd ability of Alpha Barracks useless. Apart from that, it's another way to fusion summon so that's good, the direct attack effect is almost useless.
Altogether it's alright, nothing spectacular but helpful.
[/quote]

Its effects are to support the three lowest levels of the archetype: The Alphas, the Betas, and the Gammas that will be appearing soon

[quote name='Lord_Cow_Cow' timestamp='1321491253' post='5647449']
Alpha spears isn't very powerful. At most you'd have 5 1200ATK monsters. Since the main point of the Alphas are to upgrade them to Betas I don't see much point in using it.
[/quote]

Add Alpha-Beta-Gamma Field spell to that situation you made. 5 1200 direct attackers.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived