Nothing can Escape!

thekazu4u

[img]http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/1820/358064v.jpg[/img]

Effect: Activate only when a monster you control inflicts Battle Damage to your Opponent's Life Points; Pay half your Life Points: Banish all Face-Up Monster cards on the Field face-down. Players cannot play Monsters with the name as the Banished Monster(s) during the rest of this Duel. You can reveal this card in your hand: reveal all Face-Down Banished cards. (This card and the Banished cards remain revealed as long as this card remains in your hand.)

"For those trapped there is no death, for the soul cannot escape; No end, for there is no death; No time, for there is no measure. There is only the battle that once was, now perpetuated to Infinity."

[quote name='thekazu4u' timestamp='1321377078' post='5643869']
Activate only when a monster you control inflicts Battle Damage to your Opponent's Life Points; Pay half your Life Points: [b]Banish Face-Down all Face-Up[/b] Monster cards on the Field. Players cannot play Monsters with the name as the Banished Monster(s) during the rest of this Duel.

"For those trapped there is no death, for the soul cannot escape; No end, for there is no death; No time, for there is no measure. There is only the battle that once was, now perpetuated to Infinity."
[/quote]

Not trying to be a snob or anything, but I don't quite understand the part I bolded up there. Could you explain/clarify that part for me please?

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1321426076' post='5645914']
you mean you didn't know you can set monster cards face down in def position?
[/quote]
o.o No, I knew that. It just sounded like the card was saying that the banished cards stay face down, even when banished, which is not what I think he meant, but it confused me nevertheless. S' why I asked for clarification.

Ok, yea I take complete blame for this. You are both wrong, but it is my fault.

Look at this card:

Different Dimension Capsule
Group: Spell Card
Type: Spell
Select 1 card from your Deck and remove it from play face-down. During your 2nd Standby Phase after activation, destroy this card and add the removed card to your hand.

Now, let us reword this using the keyword "Banish" and new OCG:

Select 1 card from your Deck; Banish it face-down.

Use that form to reword my wording (lol):
Old wording: Activate only when a monster you control inflicts Battle Damage to your Opponent's Life Points; Pay half your Life Points: [b]Banish Face-Down all Face-Up Monster cards on the Field.[/b] Players cannot play Monsters with the name as the Banished Monster(s) during the rest of this Duel.

New Wording: Activate only when a monster you control inflicts Battle Damage to your Opponent's Life Points; Pay half your Life Points: [b]Banish all Face-Up Monster cards on the Field face-down.[/b] Players cannot play Monsters with the name as the Banished Monster(s) during the rest of this Duel.

Sorry for my bad OCG. What I meant was for the card to be Banished face-down, so it cannot come back via "Return from the Different Dimension" or "Necroface" etc. As far as I am aware, the only card that could bring it back is "Dimensional Alchemist" but "Players cannot play Monsters with the name as the Banished Monster(s) during the rest of this Duel." means that they still cannot be played.

Also, another effect of the card has been added: "You can reveal this card in your hand: reveal all Face-Down Banished cards. (This card and the Banished cards remain revealed as long as this card remains in your hand.)" This means that the player who has the orb can see the banished monsters. This makes sense: If you have the orb, you can look inside of it and see what is trapped there.

Archived