HELP ME OUT

cabo12

Question

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]I am new to this and just need a little assistance. All I wanna do is make cards that already exist but have not been released to TCG, therefore Im just gonna make them here. I'm just saving images of the cards themselves that I find on the internet, the virtual yugioh online accelerator has good quality images... Examples:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Mech Bass[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Meteor B. Dragon[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Zarigun[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Crow Goblin[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Man-Eating Black Shark[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Ive read the tutorials and understand most of it...but here are my questions.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]1. How can I get just the image and not the entire card in the picture frame of the card in the maker? Do I have to save the card image then just cut the image in the card? I hope anyone understands what Im talking about, I saved the card images but want to make them so I need just the image not the entire card. For example, I went and saved a picture of the card Clown Zombie, then uploaded it in the card maker, and I had a card in a card. haha. I'll try and post of picture of Clown Zombie that I tried to make, that way someone can get an idea of where im stuck.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]2. What kind of paper does anyone recommend to print?[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Much Appreciated,[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Cabo [/size][/font][/color]

11 answers to this question

[quote name='KcChiefsFan' timestamp='1321482875' post='5647028']
I don't think he wants to share them, I think he just wants to make them. What's wrong with that? And by the way, I haven't been on in like 2 months until this week, have some other people been using my account? Do you know or remember any posts being made like last month? Thanks bro
[/quote]
Not saying he can't make them, just giving him advice if he wants to post them. If he's not sharing him there is no problem at all.

And you made a post 3 days ago, but I don't know you at all so I can't help much at all.

The thing about making cards that already exist is that there's no real point, since the biggest thing about cardmaking is creativity and how is copy/pasting something creative? If you still want to do this and want to post them, go to Any Other Cards since elsewhere you are most likely going to get some annoyed people since there's nothing to rate other than how well you can point and click.

Now if you take an existing card like Alligator's Sword and give it an effect, then you could post it in Realistic Cards since you're giving some thought into the effect.

Tl;dr: We don't mind making cards that already exist, they just aren't creative.

Like I said before, they are unrelased cards to the TCG that were on video games that my buddies and I wanna use to play each other. I dont want to post them I want to print them. Theyre already on yugioh wikia anyway haha. and KC thanks for the response bro.

Thanks for responding. I use photobucket but Im trying to figure how to just get the image itself. Heres what Im talking about..

http://www.yugiohcardmaker.net/ycmaker/createcard.php?name=&cardtype=Monster&subtype=normal&attribute=Light&level=1&magictraptype=None&rarity=Common&picture=http://images.yugiohcardmaker.net/516766/817832670.jpg&set1=&set2=&inset=false&type=&description=&circulation=&atk=&def=&creator=&year=2011&serial=
see the problem?

and about the existence of the cards, they are actual yugioh cards, just never were released....im not making made up cards, that to me would be a little unfair. I just wanna make cards not released because me and my buddies just like to hang out and play. harmless dueling is all. there are cards we want from the games and stuff so we can make them and use them is all...

[quote name='cabo12' timestamp='1321477103' post='5646817']
THANKS MAN! Oh and should I use card stock for paper? How do you print your cards and what do you use as paper??
[/quote]

I print the cards. I've run into many problems with semi-gloss HP photo paper, so I got some advanced photo paper that I haven't tried, but regular pictures on the advanced photo paper look amazing.
[quote name='Twilight Sparkle' timestamp='1321480789' post='5646944']
The thing about making cards that already exist is that there's no real point, since the biggest thing about cardmaking is creativity and how is copy/pasting something creative? If you still want to do this and want to post them, go to Any Other Cards since elsewhere you are most likely going to get some annoyed people since there's nothing to rate other than how well you can point and click.

Now if you take an existing card like Alligator's Sword and give it an effect, then you could post it in Realistic Cards since you're giving some thought into the effect.

Tl;dr: We don't mind making cards that already exist, they just aren't creative.
[/quote]

I don't think he wants to share them, I think he just wants to make them. What's wrong with that? And by the way, I haven't been on in like 2 months until this week, have some other people been using my account? Do you know or remember any posts being made like last month? Thanks bro

Archived