Shock of the Meklord Emperor

Synchronized

[img]http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/6537/3059u.jpg[/img]

[quote]Activate only while you control a face-up "Meklord" monster, or by revealing 1 "Meklord" monster in your hand; negate the activation and effect of a Spell or Trap Card controlled by your opponent and destroy it. Then, destroy 1 monster you control. If you cannot, your opponent draws 1 card.[/quote]

I like the potential of this. A lot.

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1321484741' post='5647117']
I don't see why this is mean for Meklords only

seems it can support other types too
[/quote]
Yea but if you make a generic card that helps every deck, then it doesn't promote diverse deckstyles really. Like how every competitive deck tends to run Solemn Judgment and Warning, or Monster Reborn. More Generic cards means less diverse decks and a more centered metagame. Which is bad.

Card is decent, though I think decreasing the draw to 1 is better so it's more of a Dark Bribe with benefits for Meklords.

[quote name='Twilight Sparkle' timestamp='1321484964' post='5647130']
Yea but if you make a generic card that helps every deck, then it doesn't promote diverse deckstyles really. Like how every competitive deck tends to run Solemn Judgment and Warning, or Monster Reborn. More Generic cards means less diverse decks and a more centered metagame. Which is bad.

Card is decent, though I think decreasing the draw to 1 is better so it's more of a Dark Bribe with benefits for Meklords.
[/quote]

I'm not sure. In the right situation, this can be "Negate a Spell or Trap, drop a 2500 beatstick from your hand for no cost."

@ragnarok What would be the fun, point, or creativity in that? We'd have more cards like Solemn Warning parading around.

[quote name='Twilight Sparkle' timestamp='1321485157' post='5647141']
You're still losing card advantage, and making the opponent draw 1 makes it a -1 on both ends. The way it is now it's basically punishing you for playing the card without being able to take advantage of it's extra bit.
[/quote]

That's true. But then again, that's only if you don't control a monster when you use it. So I guess I get what you're saying. Alright, I'll make it 1 card.

[quote name='Twilight Sparkle' timestamp='1321485543' post='5647167']
Yea, basically with the clause it's either a limited Dark Bribe, or a free beastick for a tribute. Both are -1s, and there are plenty of other cards that get you free beasticks, including the meklords.
[/quote]

But it can also be Negate a Spell > Destroy a Monster > Special Summon a Meklord. There's no reason you couldn't get both.

Archived