Baku-Lupus (Xyz Single)

Max Darkness

Have decided to revisit my Death Summon idea, now for Xyzs. Not sure if this is overpowered, underpowered or even useable.

Thoughts?

[center][IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/ac6dy9.png[/IMG][/center]

[b]Effect:[/b] 2 Level 3 DARK Monsters
Must be Xyz Summoned from the Graveyard. During your Main Phase: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from a monster you control; Destroy this card (in your Extra Deck). If that monster has no Xyz Material after this effect has resolved: Draw 1 card. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Target 1 card your opponent controls; It cannot be applied for your opponent's cards or effects, while this card is face-up.

Destroyed cards, would be sent to the Graveyard, at least that's as far as I'm aware. Card is interesting, O_o very interesting. I see a few plays with Leviar and several other Xyzs, but most of the time it'll seem situational. The draw effect might be okay, but it also can make Utopia useless. The second effect is interesting too. Could you elaborate on how it would work?

O_O...that BLS...wow...I didn't see that coming...

[quote name='Lupin Canis Timberwolf' timestamp='1321574454' post='5649508']
Destroyed cards, would be sent to the Graveyard, at least that's as far as I'm aware. Card is interesting, O_o very interesting. I see a few plays with Leviar and several other Xyzs, but most of the time it'll seem situational. The draw effect might be okay, but it also can make Utopia useless. The second effect is interesting too. Could you elaborate on how it would work?

[/quote]

Maybe, I want Max to explain first

[/quote]

Which is why you go into Pearl, not Utopia :S

Cards can be destroyed from anywhere. It's just terminology, albeit rare.

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1321574059' post='5649485']
what do you mean destroy this card in your extra deck? Since you don't mean send it from the extra deck to the graveyard
[/quote]

It's similar to 'Aqua Neos' which destroys in the hand. It just blows up in your Extra Deck and goes to the Graveyard. It's to bypass if your opponent has any RFP cards. Yes, it still gets banished, but you get the final trigger effect.

[quote name='Cursed Reaction' timestamp='1321574281' post='5649498']
Gold Ninja > Gold Ninja > Xyz for Pearl
Dump 2 of these > Draw 1
Go for BLS and Chaos Sorcerer.

omnomnom
[/quote]

So you're saying it's overpowered for allowing a draw and easy 'Chaos' spam?

[/quote]

'Cannot be applied for your opponent's cards and effects' means that the targeted card vanishes from the field in the view of the other cards. For example, if you target your opponent's "Stardust Dragon" with this effect, it cannot be 'seen' by all your opponent's effects. This means:
- It cannot be used for any Summon or card effect that would require a target.
- If "Stardust" is attacked, your opponent cannot activate any cards that trigger when a monster they control is attacked, or battles; since those cards cannot see "Stardust".
- If "Stardust" is targeted by an effect, your opponent cannot activate any cards that trigger when a monster is targeted, or would be destroyed/banished/returned.
- "Stardust" cannot activate its own effect, as it does not 'see' itself on the field, so cannot Tribute itself to activate.

In essence, it is a total loss of the card, except for attacking.

Not overpowered, because there are very little decks that can use this effectively, and have Extra Deck space to spare.

The ones that can however (Ninjas, CraneMonk + Tour Guide engine, blah blah) love this.

Overall balanced. I mean, it is only 1 draw anyway. Quite like it actually.

[quote name='Cursed Reaction' timestamp='1321575217' post='5649537']
Not overpowered, because there are very little decks that can use this effectively, and have Extra Deck space to spare.

The ones that can however (Ninjas, CraneMonk + Tour Guide engine, blah blah) love this.

Overall balanced. I mean, it is only 1 draw anyway. Quite like it actually.
[/quote]

Okay. Thanks for rating.

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1321685388' post='5652200']
while the effects are good for this, you have an idea what kinds of decks could suit this, Max?
[/quote]

The main ones I had in mind when I made it were DARK (and Disaster), "Chaos", and Exceed Decks; along with (because of the Rank and Typing) Thunder Decks (ie "Batterymen" and "Watts").

CursedReaction pointed out that "Ninja" Decks that could use it as well.

Archived