Zexal Weapon - Unicorn King Spear

[img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110916143037/yugioh/images/9/94/ZexalWeapon-UnicornKingSpearORCS-JP.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Zexal Weapon - Unicorn King Spear']You can equip this card from your hand to 1 face-up "Chaos Number 39: Utopia Ray" you control; it gains 1900 ATK. If the equipped monster battles an opponent's monster: The effects of your opponent's battling monster are negated, during the Battle Phase only. There can be only 1 face-up "Zexal Weapon - Unicorn King Spear" on the field.[/quote]

Because we're discussing ORCS cards, why not bring this thing back up? [s]I can't really think of anything besides stopping Galaxy Eyes and Cosmic Synchros[/s]. Discuss.

EDIT: Effect starts a chain. May as well use Utopia Ray by itself, not that alot of decks have space for this anyway.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1321577856' post='5649600']
The wording implies it's actually useless against Galaxy-Eyes. Evidently, equipping it from the hand is the cost of an Ignition Effect (which makes no sense), and negating effects starts a chain. Which seems counterproductive.
[/quote]

All that doesn't make sence...I call Bad writting/translating...XD

Logically, with the new OCG, it should be written like this.

"You can equip this card from your hand to a face-up "Chaos Number 39: Utopia Ray" you control. While equipped with this card, that monster gains 1900 ATK. If the equipped monster battles with an opponent's monster, the effects of your opponent's battling monster are negated during the Battle Phase only. There can only be 1 ZW...on the field."

Even if the first effect is Ignition, it shouldn't be written as if equipping is the cost, because that doesn't make sense.

That makes a whole lot more sense.

[quote name='Also, Generic Translator X']If the equipped monster is to battle against monsters, the monsters effects are disabled only during the battle phase.[/quote]

Continuous. Tbh, that was the only part of the effect I was worried about. Because why was it made to stop Galaxy Eyes if Galaxy Eyes can dodge it?

Archived