Dual Types (12/??)

The Jazz

I may consider adding more, but first, I'd like to see if YCM is down with the idea.
Without further ado:[spoiler=Monsters][spoiler=Effect]
[img]http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5227/511054.jpg[/img]
[size=5]Lore: This card inflicts Piercing Damage. If this card is in defense position, your opponent can not select another "Dual Type" monster as an attack target. Once per turn: Discard 1 Spell Card to destroy 1 monster on the field with ATK equal to or less than this card.[/size]

[img]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5227/511054.jpg[/img]
[size=5][size=4][size=5]Lore: You can Tribute Summon this card by Tributing 1 "Dual Type" monster. If you do, this card's level is treated as 5 and it gains 600 ATK. Each time an opponent's monster is destroyed, you can add 1 Spell Card in your Graveyard to your Deck and shuffle it.[/size][/size][/size]

[img]http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5227/511054.jpg[/img]
[size=5][size=4][size=5][size=4][size=5]Lore: As long as this card remains face-up on the field, you must show your hand to your opponent. This card gains 200 ATK for each Spell Card in your hand. Each time this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, you can add 1 Spell Card from your Graveyard to your hand.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=5][size=4][size=5][size=4][size=5][size=4][img]http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/5227/511054.jpg[/img][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=5][size=4][size=5][size=4][size=5][size=4][size=5]Lore: You can Special Summon this card in face-up defense position from your Graveyard by discarding 2 Spell Cards from your hand. If this card is destroyed by a card effect you can add 1 Spell Card in your Graveyard to your Deck.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=5][size=4][size=5][size=4][size=5][size=4][size=5][size=4][img]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5227/511054.jpg[/img][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=5][size=4][size=5][size=4][size=5][size=4][size=5][size=4][size=5]Lore: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 "Dual Type - Sprouthorn". Once per turn: You can search your Deck for a number of Spell Cards equal to the number of "Dual Type" monsters you control and place them on top of your Deck, in any order. If this card were to be destroyed by battle: You can banish it and add 1 Spell Card in your Graveyard to your hand.[/size][/size][/size][/spoiler][spoiler=Synchro][img]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5227/511054.jpg[/img][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=5][size=4][size=5][size=4][size=5][size=4][size=5]Lore: [/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][size=5]1 "Dual Type" Tuner monster + 2 or more non-Tuner monsters[/size]
[size=5]Once per turn: You can discard 1 Spell Card to select 1 monster on the field. It loses ATK equal to the combined ATK of face-up Dual-Type monsters you control and cannot change its battle position. When this card is destroyed: Select up to 2 Spell Cards in your Graveyard, except Spell Cards discarded by this card's effect, and add them to your hand.[/size]
[size=5][size=4][img]http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/5227/511054.jpg[/img][/size][/size]
[size=5][size=4][size=5][size=4][size=5][size=4][size=5]Lore: [/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][size=5]1 "Dual Type" Tuner monster + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters[/size]
[size=5]Once per turn: You can discard 1 Spell Card in your hand to select and destroy one card on the field. Each time a Spell card(s) is discarded, except from this card's effect: Your opponent takes 400 damage for every card discarded.[size=4][/spoiler][spoiler=Fusion][/size][/size]
[size=5][size=4][img]http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5227/511054.jpg[/img][/size][/size]
[size=5][size=4][size=5]Lore: [/size][/size][/size][size=5]Any 2 level 7 or lower non-"Dual Type" monsters[/size]
[size=5]This card can not be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon. This card's type(s) is treated as the type(s) of the monsters used to Fusion Summon this card. This card's ATK and DEF are equal to half the combined original ATK and DEF of the monsters used to Fusion Summon this card. Once per turn: You can banish the cards used to Fusion Summon this card from your Graveyard to add up to 2 Spell Cards from your Graveyard to your hand.[/size][size=5][size=4][/spoiler][/spoiler][/size][/size][size=5][size=4][size=5][size=4][size=5][size=4][spoiler=Spells and Traps][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=5][size=4][size=5][size=4][size=5][size=4][img]http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5227/511054.jpg[/img][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=5][size=4][size=5][size=4][size=5][size=4][size=5]Lore: If this card is sent from your hand to the Graveyard: Search your Deck for a level 4 or lower "Dual Type" monster, show it to your opponent, and add it to your hand. Then shuffle the Deck.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[img]http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/4697/511054d.jpg[/img]
[size=5]Lore: Each time a Spell Card is sent from your hand to the Graveyard by a monster effect: You can place that card on the top of your Deck.[/size]
[img]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5227/511054.jpg[/img]
[size=5]Lore: Select 2 monsters on the field: They each gain the type(s) of the other.[/size]
[img]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7769/511054c.jpg[/img]
[size=4][size=5]Lore: "Dual Type" monsters gain 300 ATK for each type they have.[/size][/size][/spoiler]

[size=5][size=4]I know I do not yet have tuners for the synchros, and I will work on that.[/size][/size]
[size=5][size=4]Please rate, hate, etc. (but preferably not hate).[/size][/size]

[quote name='sgrug4' timestamp='1321801050' post='5654820']
Ahh, reminds me of NeosWiseman's Dual Types. Except they were monster/spells or trap/spells or monster/traps.
[/quote]...his cards were WEIRD... >.>

EDIT: I've added Sea Horse (get it?), still waiting for comments.
EDIT (again): This time I've added Steel Wing.
Comments anyone?

[quote name='The Jazz' timestamp='1321804334' post='5654826']
...his cards were WEIRD... >.>

EDIT: I've added Sea Horse (get it?), still waiting for comments.
EDIT (again): This time I've added Steel Wing.
Comments anyone?
[/quote]
HIS CARDS WERE AWESOME D:<.
It takes a lot of graphic art knowledge to present what he has done.
It was also entered as one of the best archetypes in YCM ;)

OK now the discussion in this post changed from the cards to NeosWiseman's Dual types. I will try to get us back on track.

Scuttlesaur: Seems okay, just don't really see this in a deck. if it says "discard 1 spell card" can you discard a spell card from your hand only or everywhere?(Dumb Question but i need to know)

Sea horse: Tributing a monster for this is a bit of a waste. it only has like 2350 max. Most monsters can beat it. The effect that recycles spells is good though.

Steel Wing: This card can be used with creature swap or mystic box, but not really powerful. The eff that adds spells to your hand is pretty good, but the effect that increases its DEF is kind of useless. 300 Only is not that much. You need like at least 5 spells so it has some actual DEF. maybe make it 200 ATK for every spell?

[quote name='Case_closed' timestamp='1321828078' post='5655673']
OK now the discussion in this post changed from the cards to NeosWiseman's Dual types. I will try to get us back on track.

Scuttlesaur: Seems okay, just don't really see this in a deck. if it says "discard 1 spell card" can you discard a spell card from your hand only or everywhere?(Dumb Question but i need to know)

Sea horse: Tributing a monster for this is a bit of a waste. it only has like 2350 max. Most monsters can beat it. The effect that recycles spells is good though.

Steel Wing: This card can be used with creature swap or mystic box, but not really powerful. The eff that adds spells to your hand is pretty good, but the effect that increases its DEF is kind of useless. 300 Only is not that much. You need like at least 5 spells so it has some actual DEF. maybe make it 200 ATK for every spell?
[/quote]
Hm.
Hmm...
HM!
Eureka!
Those are good ideas, I will consider incorporating them in my cards.
And the card discards from your hand, just so you know.

I do not know if this is allowed but i have a card idea that you may want. I don't have an image for it so idk if i can do this but here goes anyways:

Dual Type- Shock Devil [LIGHT/Level 6/Fiend/Thunder/Synchro/Effect]
[ATK: 2200/DEF:1000]
Lore: Once per turn: You can Discard 1 Spell card in your hand: Select 1 card on the field, and destroy it. Once per turn, when a Spell card(s) is discarded, except from this card's effect, your opponent takes 400 damage for every card discarded. If this card is destroyed: Send 1 Spell card in your hand to the graveyard, then add a Spell card in your graveyard with a different name than the card you discarded.

Dual Type- Arachnid Snake [EARTH/Level 8/Reptile/Insect/Synchro/Effect]
[ATK: 1900/DEF:0]
Lore: Once per turn, you can discard 2 Spell cards in your hand to select 1 monster on the field. It loses ATK equal to the combined ATK of face-up Dual-Type monsters you control. Also, it cannot change its battle position. When this card is destroyed: Select 1 Spell card in your graveyard, except Spell cards that were discarded due to this card's effect, and add it to your hand.

Dual Type- Mecha Mage [EARTH/Level 3/Machine/Plant/Tuner]
[ATK:900/DEF:500]
Lore: You can discard 1 Spell card in your hand: Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is used for a Synchro Summon of a "Dual Type" monster, you can discard 1 Spell card in your hand: you can use "Dual Type" monsters from your hand or graveyard (you choose) for the other Synchro Material Monster(s). If you do, the monsters used for the Synchro Summon are banished.

If i cannot do this, as stated above, i am very sorry and i will not do it again.

[quote name='Case_closed' timestamp='1322089951' post='5661912']
I do not know if this is allowed but i have a card idea that you may want. I don't have an image for it so idk if i can do this but here goes anyways:

Dual Type- Shock Devil [LIGHT/Level 6/Fiend/Thunder/Synchro/Effect]
[ATK: 2200/DEF:1000]
Lore: Once per turn: You can Discard 1 Spell card in your hand: Select 1 card on the field, and destroy it. Once per turn, when a Spell card(s) is discarded, except from this card's effect, your opponent takes 400 damage for every card discarded. If this card is destroyed: Send 1 Spell card in your hand to the graveyard, then add a Spell card in your graveyard with a different name than the card you discarded.

Dual Type- Arachnid Snake [EARTH/Level 8/Reptile/Insect/Synchro/Effect]
[ATK: 1900/DEF:0]
Lore: Once per turn, you can discard 2 Spell cards in your hand to select 1 monster on the field. It loses ATK equal to the combined ATK of face-up Dual-Type monsters you control. Also, it cannot change its battle position. When this card is destroyed: Select 1 Spell card in your graveyard, except Spell cards that were discarded due to this card's effect, and add it to your hand.

Dual Type- Mecha Mage [EARTH/Level 3/Machine/Plant/Tuner]
[ATK:900/DEF:500]
Lore: You can discard 1 Spell card in your hand: Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is used for a Synchro Summon of a "Dual Type" monster, you can discard 1 Spell card in your hand: you can use "Dual Type" monsters from your hand or graveyard (you choose) for the other Synchro Material Monster(s). If you do, the monsters used for the Synchro Summon are banished.

If i cannot do this, as stated above, i am very sorry and i will not do it again.
[/quote]I guess it's allowed if the thread owner allows it.
Thanks for the ideas, I may change them a tad to make it not-copying.

[quote name='Cold Assassin' timestamp='1322195355' post='5664093']
Loved it...... What more can I say? Wait I can say "I could really see myself using these" but I won't say that because I want you to make more amazing cards
9/10
-CA
[/quote]Thank you very much, I am motivated to continue

[quote name='Lec Clark' timestamp='1322177582' post='5663440']
A what am I going to see
[/quote]Since this is your first comment I'll let it slide but you should comment on my cards if you would like to post here

I suggest abusing them having two types, and instead of them having effects that include "dual type" in their names, howabout make them more versatile, and have it include monsters of either type they're from? Then instead of shutting them out from different strategies, like more archetypes do (with the exception of a few cards) have them be able to be palyed in a lot of decks?

Just my two cents

[quote name='Mr. guy' timestamp='1323051803' post='5687569']
I suggest abusing them having two types, and instead of them having effects that include "dual type" in their names, howabout make them more versatile, and have it include monsters of either type they're from? Then instead of shutting them out from different strategies, like more archetypes do (with the exception of a few cards) have them be able to be palyed in a lot of decks?

Just my two cents
[/quote]Hmm... okay maybe. If I have time to change them maybe I will

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Kryptic' timestamp='1326667534' post='5765788']
Quite the interesting concept
I'd love to see the destruction they could cause in an actual battle, but what would happen if they came across DNA Surgery?
[/quote]
ah that is a good question

i like this concept. the pics look fantastic. but 1 thing kept popping up in my mind.......

the only strategy i can see working is a deck of only these monsters and a bunch of Spell cards. Not the greatest thing there.

keep it up! they are a good concept.

Archived