Aqualord King

The Jazz

[img]http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5227/511054.jpg[/img]
[size=5]Lore: This card's name is treated as "Umi" while face-up on the field. If this card battles an opponent's monster; increase the ATK of this card by 600 until the end of the Damage Step. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card to search your Deck for 1 level 4 Aqua-Type monster and place it on top of your Deck.[/size]

To get rid of Gene-Warped Warwolf, Alexandrite Dragon, and also the 2k DEF monsters too.
Not sure if it belongs in RC or AoC.

[quote name='Gagaga Girl' timestamp='1322089105' post='5661882']
[center]2050 ATK only while battling is not really OP. I would rather NS a Stardust Dragon (Dux) or Leviathen Dragon (Tour Guide), or even Utopia or such (Gishki Beast and others).[/center]
[/quote]

well 2050 atk is only enough to handle lv4s.

Most lv5s will kill it right away

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1322167651' post='5663008']
well 2050 atk is only enough to handle lv4s.

Most lv5s will kill it right away
[/quote]My idea exactly, this is to get rid of 2k attackers and defenders

[quote name='Gagaga Girl' timestamp='1322088769' post='5661869']
[center]Yeh, it IS really boring...[/center]
[center]Make its name Umi while on the field may spice it up, and maybe you can discard a card to search a Sea Serpent Level 4 or lower from deck or something? (So you can fetch Deep Sea or even Codarus)[/center]
[/quote]
Hokay, I may work on it

all right, now to rate your new version:

the 600 atk is good, nice to see at 1450 it's still searchable

very easy to get aqua monsters into your hand now, so that's a good thing too

with regards to getting the atk gain while battling ANY of your opponent's monsters it shouldn't really be too much a problem

2050 atk is enough to kill most lv4s, but many lv5s will kill it right away still

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1322407078' post='5669389']
all right, now to rate your new version:

the 600 atk is good, nice to see at 1450 it's still searchable

very easy to get aqua monsters into your hand now, so that's a good thing too

with regards to getting the atk gain while battling ANY of your opponent's monsters it shouldn't really be too much a problem

2050 atk is enough to kill most lv4s, but many lv5s will kill it right away still
[/quote]Well actually the effect only gets the card to the top of the deck... should I have it be directly to the hand instead?
Or maybe just chain with jar of greed...

Horrible card design. It's as if someone purposely made a beatstick designed as a horrible counter, and then just make it invulnerable to everything.

1. It can't be Bottomless'd.
2. It can be searched by Sangan.
3. Salvage, blah blah blah.
4. It's technically one of the best Level 4 beatsticks you can have. But that's totally irrelevant. Not to mention that no-one will used Gene-Warped and Alexandrite for that reason anyway. Alexandrite is just a Chaos Rabbit target really. And Gene-Warped will near always have something like 2800 ATK.

I mean, of course you can tech it, but only ever sided and it wouldn't ever pay off half of the time. And I'm not sure on the last effect. It looks like good tutoring, but eh.

My only problem is that awful 1450 ATK. Get it to 1600 ATK, make the ATK boost to 2100, and I wouldn't actually care. Because it'll be run over anyway.

Archived