IDK how helpful this would be, but...

DropDeadDream

So comment, or don't comment, whatever man... :)

[img]http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9280/518482.jpg[/img]

Text: As long as this card is in play, if there are any DARK and/or LIGHT monsters on either player's side of the field, take the total ATK power of all of them and then divide the result by the amount of DARK and/or LIGHT monsters. The number you get becomes the ATK power of all DARK and/or LIGHT monsters on the field.

[quote name='vintersjel666' timestamp='1321902525' post='5657197']
OMG really? Can't you people do basic Math? Did you guys fail Basic Math 5 grades in a row? How hard is it to add and divide? Sheesh. It's not that difficult
[/quote]

It may be easy, but bad card design generally. Games are supposed to be fun, and cards with mechanics that are long, confusing, or just pure boring are bad for the game overall. And a waste of design space.

This falls in the third category.

Anyway, not including the horrendous boredom induced by this, pretty horrible card. Of all things, Shadow-Imprisoning or Light-Imprisoning is better. And this just either suicides everything on the field, or just equalizes your opponents' monsters' ATK and DEF. Not gonna help when it does the exact same damage.

It's a basic statistical mean; it's about as easy as it gets. The OCG is somewhat confusing for me too, but here's my attempt at fixing it:

As long as this card is in play, if there are any DARK and/or LIGHT monsters on either player's side of the field, take their total ATK and then divide the result by the number of DARK and/or LIGHT monsters. Add the result to the ATK of all DARK and/or LIGHT monsters on the field.

I changed it so the result is added to the monsters' ATK, which might be a little better. I only did this because I'm not quite sure how to properly phrase the original effect.

As for the card itself, I think it's merely OK. I'm surprised Konami didn't try this sort of thing before, but it's far from spectacular.

[quote name='En Almhjbat Wahd' timestamp='1321903087' post='5657215']
It's a basic statistical mean; it's about as easy as it gets. The OCG is somewhat confusing for me too, but here's my attempt at fixing it:

As long as this card is in play, if there are any DARK and/or LIGHT monsters on either player's side of the field, take their total ATK and then divide the result by the number of DARK and/or LIGHT monsters. Add the result to the ATK of all DARK and/or LIGHT monsters on the field.

I changed it so the result is added to the monsters' ATK, which might be a little better. I only did this because I'm not quite sure how to properly phrase the original effect.

As for the card itself, I think it's merely OK. I'm surprised Konami didn't try this sort of thing before, but it's far from spectacular.
[/quote]

If you did that, you would just OTK your opponent with it. Easily :S Have it in hand, and cut the duel's time in half.

Actual OCG would be:

[quote]While this card is face-up on the field: The ATK of all DARK and LIGHT monsters on the field becomes the total ATK of all DARK and LIGHT monsters on the field, and divide the result by the number of DARK and LIGHT monsters on the field.[/quote]

[quote name='Cursed Reaction' timestamp='1321903330' post='5657224']
If you did that, you would just OTK your opponent with it. Easily :S Have it in hand, and cut the duel's time in half.
[/quote]
I'm not quite sure how it would be a OTK. The result would be added to the monsters on both sides of the field, so that would still balance it out, right? The differences in ATK would be the same, wouldn't they?

[quote name='En Almhjbat Wahd' timestamp='1321903497' post='5657231']
I'm not quite sure how it would be a OTK. The result would be added to the monsters on both sides of the field, so that would still balance it out, right? The differences in ATK would be the same, wouldn't they?
[/quote]

Then you realise that your opponent has no monsters on his/her side of the field, because you completely nuked them earlier.

It's called timing.

[quote name='Cursed Reaction' timestamp='1321904840' post='5657282']
Then you realise that your opponent has no monsters on his/her side of the field, because you completely nuked them earlier.

It's called timing.
[/quote]

I stand corrected; I was looking for a OTK in the card itself. Well, ignore my advice then, DropDeadDream.

[quote name='En Almhjbat Wahd' timestamp='1321903087' post='5657215']

[/quote]

Thanks, your comment is pretty helpful.
[quote name='Cursed Reaction' timestamp='1321902823' post='5657206']
It may be easy, but bad card design generally. Games are supposed to be fun, and cards with mechanics that are long, confusing, or just pure boring are bad for the game overall. And a waste of design space.

This falls in the third category.

Anyway, not including the horrendous boredom induced by this, pretty horrible card. Of all things, Shadow-Imprisoning or Light-Imprisoning is better. And this just either suicides everything on the field, or just equalizes your opponents' monsters' ATK and DEF. Not gonna help when it does the exact same damage.
[/quote]

Except that say your opponent has BLS- EOTB on the field and you have, say, Spirit Reaper. It would balance themselves out, so they'd each have the same attack. Then you could attack BLS with Spirit Reaper and destroy it, and Reaper wouldn't be destroyed because of it's effect. And ta-da! You've just gotten rid of BLS- Envoy of the Beginning. Granted this isn't the easiest thing, but it's not as useless as you make it sound. But thanks for your input anyways.

[quote name='DropDeadDream' timestamp='1321912241' post='5657652']Except that say your opponent has BLS- EOTB on the field and you have, say, Spirit Reaper. It would balance themselves out, so they'd each have the same attack. Then you could attack BLS with Spirit Reaper and destroy it, and Reaper wouldn't be destroyed because of it's effect. And ta-da! You've just gotten rid of BLS- Envoy of the Beginning. Granted this isn't the easiest thing, but it's not as useless as you make it sound. But thanks for your input anyways.
[/quote]

Okay, in any format apart Chaos, this is near useless. Black Luster should be able to OTK anyway, and killing something with Spirit Reaper is good and all, but it just stalls. Nothing else. Especially considering next turn it's in Attack Position, ready for 5 monsters to go run into it.

[quote name='Cursed Reaction' timestamp='1321914522' post='5657734']
Okay, in any format apart Chaos, this is near useless. Black Luster should be able to OTK anyway, and killing something with Spirit Reaper is good and all, but it just stalls. Nothing else. Especially considering next turn it's in Attack Position, ready for 5 monsters to go run into it.
[/quote]

True, but I made this card to be used in a Chaos Deck.

This is what I would have the description as:
As long as this card is in play, the original ATK of all LIGHT/DARK Type monsters becomes the average original ATK of all face-up LIGHT/DARK Type monsters on the field.
I think the way you have it is very confusing to read but it's an OK card anyway. I wouldn't run it (I don't and never will use Chaos) but it does have some use.

Archived