Mini-Archetype: Umbrals

Max Darkness

A trio of odd Psychics for you.

Enjoy.

[center][IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/350qvl4.png[/IMG][/center]

[b]Effect:[/b] Any card used to Summon this card is attached to this card. While this card has attached card(s): It cannot be used for the Summon of a monster from your Extra Deck. You can send 1 Psychic-Type monster from your hand to the Graveyard: Special Summon this card (from your hand). If this card would leave the field through a card effect: You can detach 1 card attached to this card; This card cannot be applied for that effect.

[center][IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/35i86lh.png[/IMG][/center]

[b]Effect:[/b] Any card used to Summon this card is attached to this card. While this card has attached card(s): It cannot be used for the Summon of a monster from your Extra Deck. You can send 1 card you control to the Graveyard: Special Summon this card (from your hand). If a card would be banished by a card effect: You can detach 1 card attached to this card; Negate the activation, and banish that card.

[center][IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2pquhy8.png[/IMG][/center]

[b]Effect:[/b] 2 Level 5 DARK monsters
Must be Xyz Summoned from the Banished Zone, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If you control 2 face-up Level 5 Psychic-Type monsters: You can banish this card (in your Extra Deck). When this card is Xyz Summoned: Any cards attached to this card's Xyz Material Monsters are attached to this card. Once per turn, during either player's turn:
* You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: This turn; This card cannot be applied for your opponent's cards or card effects.
* You can detach 1 card attached to this card: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; It cannot be applied for your opponent's cards or card effects, until the End Phase.

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1321934284' post='5658581']
I'm a little bit confused here, Max.

for vindicator, you had said it can't be applied to your opponent's card effects (once you target a monster your opponent controls)

What do you mean by that? I just need an example of how this works. Please explain that first
[/quote]

[b]First effect (targeting itself):[/b]
'Cannot be applied' means it cannot be seen by other cards on the field. Opponent cannot activate "Soul Exchange"/"Creature Swap" if it is the only monster you control. If it attacks, opponent cannot activate "Mirror Force"/"Dimensional Prison" etc. If it battles, opponent cannot activate "Prideful Roar"/"Shrink"/"Honest".

[b]Second effect (targeting opponent's monster):[/b]
Opponent cannot use targeted monster for any card effect or Summon. If targeted monster's effect would target, Tribute, or affect itself, it cannot be activated (eg. "Stardust"). In addition, the targeted monster cannot be counted for effects that read 'If you control a "X" monster:'.

At first, the way I read the Vindicator's effect... i thought it was majorly underpowered... but then I read your explanation of it's effects and now I get it. I really like this set. 9.3/10 Great job. :) It's easy to keep the Maiden and the Swordsman on the field, and that's just what you need to Xyz Summon Vindicator. awesome. one question... what do you have to do to get the Xyz background on a card? I can't figure it out :/

[quote name='DropDeadDream' timestamp='1322102404' post='5662547']
At first, the way I read the Vindicator's effect... i thought it was majorly underpowered... but then I read your explanation of it's effects and now I get it. I really like this set. 9.3/10 Great job. :) It's easy to keep the Maiden and the Swordsman on the field, and that's just what you need to Xyz Summon Vindicator. awesome. one question... what do you have to do to get the Xyz background on a card? I can't figure it out :/
[/quote]

Thanks for rating.

I downloaded a template for MSE from this site.

[quote name='Oh My Anubis!' timestamp='1322268970' post='5665768']
Despite some of the confusing aspects, fixing them would make these cards pretty cool.

Also, I am quite impressed with your ability to find such fitting pictures.
[/quote]

The effects are just new, they don't need fixing.

My archive of pictures is very large. I find fitting pictures because I have a huge range to choose from.

Archived