[Single] Kuribos Dragon

gimmepie

I got the idea for this when I got bored and made a Kuriboh deck earlier. I realised that whilst they are not intended to be a hugely powerful archetype they lack a significant boss like most other archetypes (unless you count Winged LV10 which I don't). So here is my attempt to create a Kuriboh boss monster. Please review and give constructive criticism.

[img]http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/5434/490484w.jpg[/img]

Effect: This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card cannot be special summoned from the deck and can only be special summoned from the hand by tributing two monsters with "Kuriboh" in their name or that are called "Kuribon" or "Kuribolt". This card is not destroyed by battle and you take no battle damage from a battle involving this card. During your battle phase this card gains 1000 ATK and DEF for each card with "Kuriboh" in it's name or that is called "Kuribon" or "Kuribolt" in your graveyard. When this card is destroyed you can special summon as many "Kuriboh" monsters, "Kuribons" and "Kuribolts" from your graveyard as possible, your opponent takes 300 damage for each monster summoned by this effect.

This card cannot be [u]N[/u]ormal [u]S[/u]ummoned or set. This card [s]cannot be [u]S[/u]pecial [u]S[/u]ummoned from the [u]D[/u]eck and [/s]can only be [u]S[/u]pecial [u]S[/u]ummoned from the hand by tributing two monsters with "Kuriboh" in their name or that are called "Kuribon" or "Kuribolt". This card [s]is not[/s] [u]cannot be[/u] destroyed by battle and you take no battle damage from a battle involving this card. During your [u]B[/u]attle [u]P[/u]hase this card gains 1000 [s]attack[/s] [u]ATK[/u] and [s]defence[/s] [u]DEF[/u] for each card with "Kuriboh" in it's name or that is called "Kuribon" or "Kuribolt" (from where?). When this card is destroyed you can special summon as many "Kuriboh" monsters, "Kuribons" and "Kuribolts" from your grave as possible.

You have a lot of OCG errors but that doesn't matter as long as I can understand what you are saying. I don't think that this card would be used if it was real because it is too difficult to have 2 kuribohs ..... on your side of the field. I think that you shouldn't make the ATK gain permanent because you already don't take damage from this card and it cannot be destroyed.

It isn't really that hard to have two of them.
[list]
[*]Double Summon
[*]Ultimate Offering
[*]Flute of Summoning Kuriboh
[*]Traps for defence.
[/list]
As for making the attack gain temporary. That was purely an aesthetic choice, this way just seems more "Kuriboh-ish".

Thanks for the fixes and the advice.

In case you care for your OCG:
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned from the hand by Tributing 2 "Kuriboh", "Kuribon" or "Kuribolt" monsters you control. This card cannot be destroy by battle and you take no Battle Damage from a battle involving this card. During your Battle Phase: This card gains 1000 ATK and DEF for each card with "Kuriboh", "Kuribon" or "Kuribolt" in its name (in your Graveyard?). When this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon as many "Kuriboh", "Kuribon" and "Kuribolt" monsters as possible from your Graveyard.

the effect is pretty much kuriboh-ish and i guess it could give some beatdown otk potential to kuriboh decks, only possible downside is that you give up on some protection in order to summon it.
anyway i like the card even if i'm not a fan of kuriboh's.
7.5/10.

[center]You only lose Kuribohs until it dies, then you get even more then what you started with ^-^[/center]
[center]Decent card, it should be 500 for each Kuriboh in grave/field (or Kuribolt/bon).[/center]
[center]OR make it have 5000ATK, and make abunch of effects that reduce its ATK so that it can work well with Kuriboh's "Berserker Crush".[/center]

well that burn effect still isn't really much because it's only 300 burn per monster

therefore, the max you can turn it up to is 1500

look at winged kuriboh lv10 for instance

you tribute it, nuke all your opponent's atk position monsters, they take damage to the combined attack of all of them, easy OTK

now yes, Winged Kuriboh lv10 isn't as easy to get out, so to that end your burn should be smaller

but given Winged Kuriboh has a OTK setup, yours should be something like TTK (two turn kill)

basically burn your opponent enough so he just BARELY has enough LP left, but still enough standing

Archived