Overlay Binding [DEC11-EN000]

Synchronized

[img]http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/208/3059s.jpg[/img]

[quote]Target 1 Xyz Monster on the field; change it to Defense Position and equip it with this card. Once, while this card is face-up on the field: Target 1 Level 4 or lower Xyz Material Monster from the equipped monster; Special Summon that monster to your field in face-up Attack Position. The equipped monster cannot be destroyed by battle, declare an attack, or change its Battle Position as long as the Special Summoned monster remains face-up on the field.[/quote]

[quote name='Galkin' timestamp='1322499789' post='5672252']
Hmm...Interesting XYZ support. Use this on Utopia, summon one of the materials, then XYZ summon Utopia Ray. However, I don't see any use of this past that except to try to abuse one of the material's effect
[/quote]

I'm somewhat confused. How could you effectively use this on Utopia? I mean, you could drop Ray, but with one less material, there's even less of a point when C No. 39 is usually a late-game play. It's still a free Special Summon, and you can use it on your opponent's Xyz monsters, too.

Okay, I did not consider that you could equip this to one of your opponent's XYZ materials and use of their monsters, so that makes this card better.

As for Utopia Ray, its like this: when you XYZ Utopia ray, overlay binding is no longer affecting the summoned monsters so you get a 2500 beatstick AND have another possible XYZ material. Really depends if you plan on using Utopia any longer.

shame it can only be done once per duel, would have be nice if you made that number higher

I guess overall it's going to have to depend on just what the xyz material monster is

your xyz is only safe depending on that one, which you didn't exactly protect or anything

even so it's certainly good for another xyz set up, so nothing wrong with that.

[quote name='groniack' timestamp='1322507953' post='5672466']
Very good card I like it. It can make your opponent's xyz useless (especially if it has a drawback when it has no Xyz materials).
Very interesting effect.
9,2/10 good job
[/quote]

Exactly, or it can let you re-use yours, etc., even something like Volcasaurus could still use its effect to moderate success with this.

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1322508255' post='5672474']
shame it can only be done once per duel, would have be nice if you made that number higher

I guess overall it's going to have to depend on just what the xyz material monster is

your xyz is only safe depending on that one, which you didn't exactly protect or anything

even so it's certainly good for another xyz set up, so nothing wrong with that.
[/quote]

I don't know where you said it could be once per duel, though. That "once" implies you can't just keep detaching materials from the selected monster, which is why it says "while this card is face-up on the field", etc. It's good to set up a new Xyz, or to stop an opponent's Xyz, too.

Archived