Black Stone Dragon (Defense Matters!)

Galkin

[img]http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/4746/478047.jpg[/img]

[b]This card is always treated as a Rock-type monster. If this card is attacked, apply the DEF of this card instead of the ATK during damage calculations. If this card would be destroyed, you can make it lose 600 DEF instead.[/b]

it's "you can have it lose 600 DEF", not "make it".

i think you should consider lowering the atk to 1500 so that it could at least be searched through sangan and such, not that you would have a reason to, but at least that would be a plus for it cause as it is by now i'd never consider playing this since it just bring no advantages. you need two tributes and level 7+ monsters aren't played that often if aren't key card for a strategy and /or have at least a reasonable special summoning condition.
in short i suggest you always try to imagine your cards played in an actual duel while making them and see if they could actually work well and combine with other cards or give you advantages of any sort.

He does combine well with other cards. By himself he is a stall card. He protects himself from Dark hole and torrential tribute. He can benefit greatly from Shield and swords, and the most important factor: He is a Dragon AND a Rock.

Rock Bombardment + Red-eyes Darkness Metal Dragon = Easily summon

well even though the 600 def loss is permanent, it's still going to take a while

it'll be 6 turns before it can drop to the 0 mark

which you can say it's much, but I'm sure your opponent will force it off the field LONG before that anyway

plus if it's always treated as a Rock monster, there's no need for the dragon type at all in the lore

Well I wanted it to be treated as Dragon AND Rock at the same time, at all times (Including the deck), I should probably add "also" in between "this card is...-...always". The opponent will probably force it off somewhere in those 5 attempts by returning it to the hand or banishing it, but destruction is still the most common form of getting rid of monsters.

Also, it doesn't have 6 protection, it only has 5 since it will have 500 DEF on the last point and won't be able to lose 600 to protect itself.

Archived