Let's add to the Phantom Beast Archetype, shall we?

Kingdom Xathers

EDIT: I'm now making this a "notepad" for Phantom Beast ideas. If anyone would like to give suggestions, be my guest. =3

~Gazelle, Phantom Beast Lord

EARTH/Lv 4/Beast/1500 ATK/1200 DEF

[b]This card's name is treated as "Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts". When this card is Summoned: Add 1 "Berfomet" or "Phantom Beast" card from your Deck to your hand. This card gains 200 ATK for every "Phantom Beast" card on the field, except this card.[/b]

~Phantom Beast Comrade Berfomet [i](suggestion for a better name?)[/i]

DARK/Lv 5/Beast-Warrior/1400 ATK/1800 DEF

[b]This card's name is also treated as "Berfomet", and is also treated as a Fiend-Type monster. While you control a face-up "Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts" or "Phantom Beast" monster; You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). When this card is Summoned; add 1 "Gazelle the King of Mythical Beast" from you Deck to your hand. This card gains 100 ATK for every "Phantom Beast" card in your Graveyard.[/b]

~Phantom Beast Warlord, Zell [i](a.k.a., Gazelle's alternate "human" personality)[/i]

EARTH/Lv 4/Beast-Warrior/Gemini/1800 ATK/1400 DEF

[b]This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect:[/b]
[b]* This card's name is also treated as "Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts". All "Phantom Beast" monsters you control gain 100 ATK for every "Phantom Beast" card you control. One time only, you can add 1 "Phantom Beast" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.[/b]

~Phantom Beast Cu-Sith [i](based on the Cù Sìth)[/i]

DARK/Lv 2/Beast-Warrior/400 ATK/400 DEF

[b]FLIP: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; Destroy the target, then search for 1 "Phantom Beast" Spell or Trap Card from your deck and Set it after showing it to your opponent.[/b]

[color=#ff0000][b]NEW[/b][/color]~Phantom Beast Tundra-Oso

WATER/Lv 4/Beast-Warrior/1900 ATK/1000 DEF

[b]Both players cannot activate Set Spells or Trap Cards until their next turn after Setting them (including cards Set before this card was Summoned).[/b]

[color=#ff0000][b]NEW[/b][/color]~Phantom Beast Fortune-Carbunkle

LIGHT/Lv 2/Beast-Warrior/500 ATK/300 DEF

[b]When this card is Tributed for the Tribute Summon of a "Phantom Beast" monster; Draw 1 card.[/b]

~Phantom Beast Sui-Kelpei [i](based on the Kelpie)[/i]

WATER/Lv4/Beast-Warrior/1400 ATK/1850 DEF

[b]While you control another "Phantom Beast" monster: This card cannot be targetted for an attack. When a "Phantom Beast" card(s) you control would be destroyed by a card effect controlled by your opponent: Target this card and 1 card your opponent controls; Destroy the targetted cards. During the End Phase of the turn that this effect is activated: You can banish 1 "Phantom Beast" card from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card.[/b]

[b][color=#ff0000]NEW[/color][/b]~Phantom Beast Bee-Boxer

DARK/Lv 4/Beast-Warrior/1750 ATK/1200 DEF

[b]If this card attacks a Defense Position monster; inflict piercing Battle Bamage to your opponent. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent; Discard 1 random card from your opponent's hand.[/b]

~Phantom Beast Vo-Zei [i](based on the demon Ose)[/i]

DARK/Lv 6/Beast-Warrior/2000 ATK/1800 DEF

[b]When your opponent activates a card effect: Target 1 other face-up monster on the field and declare a Type or Attribute; The targetted monster's Type/Attribute becomes the declared Type/Attribute while it remains face-up on the field. While at least 1 monster on the field has this effect applied to it: This card gains 500 ATK.[/b]

~Phantom Beast Mal-Chupacabra

DARK/Lv 6/Beast-Warrior/2300 ATK/1000 DEF

[b]When this card destroys a monster as a result of battle: This card gain ATK equal to the Level of the destroyed monster x100. During each of your End Phases: This card loses 300 ATK.[/b]

~Phantom Beast Sly-Leprekahn

LIGHT/Lv 1/Beast-Warrior/Tuner/300 ATK/400 DEF

[b]When a card effect controlled by your opponent targets a card you control: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard; Change the target to a face-up "Phantom Beast" card you control (the new target must be a correct target).[/b]

[color=#00ff00][b]UPDATED[/b][/color]~Phantom Beast Cloaking-Basilisk

WATER/Lv 3/Beast-Warrior/1000 ATK/1500 DEF

[b]Face-up "Phantom Beast" cards you control cannot be targetted by card effects your opponent controls that destroy.[/b]

[color=#ff0000][b]NEW[/b][/color]~Phantom Beast Frightful-Mandragora

LIGHT/Lv 3/Beast-Warrior/1400 ATK/1600 DEF

[b]This card is also treated as Plant-Type. When this card is destroyed as a result of battle: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; Destroy it, and gain Life Points equal to the destroyed monster's Level x 100.[/b]

[color=#ff0000][b]NEW[/b][/color]~Phantom Beast Wright-Eagle

WIND/Lv 4/Beast-Warrior/1450 ATK/1300 DEF

[b]If this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower "Phantom Beast" monster (this includes "Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts") in your Graveyard; Special Summon the target and decrease its Level by 1. Any effect(s) that the target has that activates when Summoned are negated.[/b]

~Phantom Beast Bio-Wulf

WIND/Lv 3/Beast-Warrior/Tuner/1550 ATK/900 DEF

[b]When this card leaves the field and is sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 "Phantom Beast" with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck.[/b]

~Phantom Beast Fox-Wispy [i](based on Fox Fires and Will-o-Wisps)[/i]

FIRE/Lv 1/Beast-Warrior/Tuner/0 ATK/0 DEF

[b]If this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Phantom Beast" monster from your Graveyard. It is treated as a Tuner Monster. Each player can only activate the effect of "Phantom Beast Fox-Wispy" once per Duel.[/b]

~Phantom Beast Wjdat-Sphinx

EARTH/Lv 5/Beast-Warrior/1450 ATK/2150 DEF

[b]Once during each of your opponent's Battle Phases: When your opponent's monster declares an attack; You can select your opponent's attack target.[/b]

~Phantom Beast Chaos-Qilin (based on the Qilin)

DARK/Lv 7/Beast-Warrior/Fusion/2450 ATK/2450 DEF

[b]1 LIGHT "Phantom Beast" + 1 DARK "Phantom Beast"[/b]
[b]Can only be Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by its own effect, and cannot be Special Summoned otherwise. When an Effect Monster your opponent owns activates its effect(s): You can Tribute this card and target that monster; negate the effect, banish the targeted monster, and inflict 700 damage to your opponent. During the End Phase of the turn this effect was activated: You can banish 1 "Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts" or "Phantom Beast" card from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.[/b]

~Phantom Beast Lifeforce-Shaman

EARTH/Lv 7/Beast-Warrior/Synchro/2500 ATK/1900 DEF

1 "Phantom Beast" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monster(s)
[b]"Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts" and all other "Phantom Beast" monsters you control gain 400 ATK. Once per turn; You can reduce this card's ATK by 500 (permanently); Return one of your banished "Phantom Beast" cards to you Deck.[/b]

[b][color=#ff0000]NEW[/color][/b]~Phantom Beast Royal-Beowulf

EARTH/Lv 6/Beast-Warrior/Synchro/2200 ATK/2000 DEF

[b]"Phantom Beast Bio-Wulf" + 1 or more non-Tuner "Gazelle" or "Phantom Beast" monster(s)[/b]
[b]If this card battles a Fiend or Dragon-Type monster; this card gains 1000 ATK during damage calculation only.[/b]

~Phantom Beast Winged X-Horn

LIGHT/Lv 7/Beast-Warrior/Fusion/2350 ATK/650 DEF

[b]"Phantom Beast Wild-Horn" + "Phantom Beast Cross-Wing"[/b]
[b]If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Bamage to your opponent. You can send 1 "Phantom Beast" card from your hand to the Graveyard; This card gains 300 ATK until the End Phase of this turn.[/b]

~Phantom Beast Flying Grand-Chimaera

WIND/Lv 6/Beast/Fusion/2100 ATK/1800 DEF

[b]"Gazelle the King of Mystical Beasts" + "Berfomet"[/b]
[b]This card can only be Fusion Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other means. This card gains 100 ATK for every "Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts" and "Phantom Beast" cards on the field and in your Graveyard. When this card leaves the field: Banish this card; Return all Spell and Trap Cards on the field to the Main Decks. When this card is destroyed; Special Summon 1 "Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts" and 1 "Berfomet" from your Graveyard.[/b]

~Phantom Beast Emperor-Gazelle

DARK/Lv 10/Beast-Warrior/Fusion/1500 ATK/1200 DEF

"Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts" + 2 or more "Phantom Beast" monsters
[b]This card can only be Fusion Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other means. This card gains 400 ATK for every Fusion Material Monster used to Fusion Summon this card. When this card is successfully Fusion Summoned: If this card was Fusion Summoned using 5 or more Fusion Material Monsters; Banish cards from the field equal to the number of Fusion Material Monsters used to Fusion Summon this card. If this card on the field is banished; Special Summon 3 Level 4 or Lower "Phantom Beast" monsters from your Graveyard.[/b]

~Phantom Beast Nova-Eefrit

FIRE/Rank 4/Beast-Warrior/Xyz/2600 ATK/200 DEF

[b]2 Level 4 monsters[/b]
[b]During each of your End Phases, remove 1 Xyz Material from this card or destroy it. When this card is destroyed: Inflict 1000 damage to both players' Life Points.[/b]

~Phantom Beast Lancet-ZoRon

EARTH/Rank 4/Beast-Warrior/Xyz/2400 ATK/1200 DEF

[b]2 Level 4 "Phantom Beast" monsters[/b]
[b]Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; This card gains the effect of that Xyz Material until the End Phase of this turn.[/b]

~Phantom Beast Solar Wind-Bahamut

WIND/Rank 4/Beast-Warrior/Xyz/2500 ATK/2200 DEF

3 Level 4 "Phantom Beast" monsters
[b]This card is also LIGHT-Attribute. During either player's Standby Phase: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Your opponent cannot set or activate Spells and Traps until the End Phase of this turn. When you detach the last Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon that Xyz Material.[/b]

~Phantomerization

Spell/Quick-Play

[b](This card is always treated as a "Phantom Beast" card.) Banish 2 "Phantom Beast" cards from your Graveyard; Send, from your hand or your side of the field to the Graveyard, Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on a "Phantom Beast" Fusion Monster, then Special Summon that Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon). The Special Summoned monster is not effected by card effects until your opponent's next End Phase.[/b]

~Phantom Aurora

Spell/Continuous

[b](This card is always treated as a "Phantom Beast" card.) All monsters you control gain 100 ATK for every "Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts" and "Phantom Beast" monsters in your Graveyard. When an effect is activated that would destroy 2 or more cards you control: You can banish this face-up card; Negate that effect, then Special Summon 1 "Phantom Beast" monster from your Graveyard.[/b]

~Phantom Beast Illusion

Trap/Normal

[b]Activate only when a Beast or Beast-Warrior-Type monster you control is targetted for an attack. Discard 1 "Phantom Beast" monster from your hand to the Graveyard; decrease the ATK of your opponent's attacking monster by the ATK of the discarded "Phantom Beast", until the End Phase of this turn.[/b]

~Wings of the Phantom Beast

Trap/Normal

[b]Equip this card to a Beast, Beast-Warrior, or Winged Beast-Type monster you control. It gains 500 ATK and DEF. When the equipped monster destroys an opponent's monster by battle; return the destroyed monster to its owner's Deck.[/b]

~Phantom Beast Suicide (for lack of a TCG-friendlier name)

Spell/Quick-Play

[b]When your opponent activates a Spell or Trap Card while you control a face-up "Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts" or "Phantom Beast" card: Pay 1500 Life Points; the effect of that Spell or Trap Card becomes "Your opponent targets 1 "Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts" or "Phantom Beast" monster they control; Destroy that target".[/b]

[b][color=#ff0000]NEW[/color]~Phantom Charity[/b]

Spell/Normal

[b]Banish 1 card from the top of your Deck and [/b][b]discard[/b][b] 1 "Gazelle", "Berfomet" or "Phantom Beast" card from your hand; Draw 2 cards.[/b]

[color=#ff0000][b]NEW[/b][/color]~Howl of the Phantom Beast

Spell/Quick-Play

[b]Discard 1 card from your hand and target 1 "Phantom Beast" you control (this includes "Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts"); During this turn, the targeted monster is unaffected by the effects of your opponent's Spell/Trap cards.[/b]

[color=#ff0000][b]NEW[/b][/color]~Phantasia!!

Spell/Normal

[b]Send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard; All "Phantom Beast" monsters (including "Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts") gain 200 ATK for each "Phantom Beast" card on the field (including "Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts") until the End Phase of this turn.[/b]

More to come, so
Rate and/or comment

[quote name='- Sharpshooter -' timestamp='1322528233' post='5673233']
It's a stronger Gadget that is also a Horn target. What's not to like?
[/quote]

Did I forget to mention that Horn also contributes to its ATK gain effect? Meaning that with Horn equipped, this becomes a 2500+ Beatstick w/ the ability to draw more cards.

... I feel like adding more to the Phantom Beast Archetype, now. 0w0

[quote name='Welche' timestamp='1322582256' post='5674051']
This doesn't add the speed to the deck that is needed. It searches one out. What they need is the ability to get monsters on the field faster.
[/quote]Phantom Beasts need to basically work like this:[list]
[*]Get DARK and EARTH on the field (which should really just be DARK imo)
[*]Get LIGHT in the Grave
[/list]
It's pretty much just that.

And because they're ALL beast-warriors.

Also, I should note that my superiority complex and love of Rock-Lizard will now make me Make my own PB&J support.

More importantly for you though: Stop making PB's to support Chimera, that Fusion monster is bad and there's no sense in making support for a bad card. It's only use should be for fun using Prisma xD

[quote name='Passion Pit' timestamp='1322629891' post='5675702']
More importantly for you though: Stop making PB's to support Chimera, that Fusion monster is bad and there's no sense in making support for a bad card. It's only use should be for fun using Prisma xD
[/quote]

... um... what? I wasn't even thinking about that. What made you think that?

Know what? Just for that, I'm going to retrain Chimera. I was actually thinking of making more PB Fusions, anyway.

[quote name='Passion Pit' timestamp='1322632154' post='5675753']
You suck at life. I said that because you keep making monsters that can be called Berfomet or Gazelle. There's no reason for that at all.
[/quote]

Well, forgive me for trying to give "relevance" to the "original" Phantom Beasts.

I must say, though, that your second comment on this topic was far more helpful than this most recent one of yours (i.e., EARTH and DARK being the main beatsticks while LIGHT having to do with the Graveyard in some way), while also taking Welche's first comment into consideration by making WIND Attributes that can Special Summon (in reference to Chimera's Attribute and effect).

Call me whatever you'd like, but at least be a bit more constructive in your critisism aside from "you suck at life" or anything else to that effect.

Card 1: With all this new support, I wouldn't be running Solid Phantoms, so this card looks awesome. Basically it's a Agent Earth that all gains ATK AND can search itself. Not sure how it would play out, but this is probably a card that would boost them a ton.

Card 2: This seems pretty UPed TBH. It has 1500 ATK for a LV 5 and it gains 100 ATK. Very meh. If it was a level 4 then it might be more playable but as is it wouldn't help.

Card 3: I see searching and +s is big to you. Give this card a 300-400 ATK power boost and suddenly Gemini Spark PBs would be pretty good. As is, it might be a tad too slow and not strong enough to survive to be worth playing.

Card 4: This will add so much consistency, but the flip effect is slows it down so it's balanced. Is it playable? BEYOND YES! It's a +2 effect that gets you Horn right away. I would run this probably.

Card 5: Not sure how this fits with the deck too well, but I see it as a good way to protect your Horns. I don't think it would be worth running IMO. Just too slow.

Card 6: This is pretty interesting. It isnt really too situational, but for a tribute I dont think it is worth it.

Card 7: Pretty interesting looking. Takes a tribute but could raise in ATK pretty fast. I would have to test it but I dont see this as being OPed at all. Could be UPed though.

Card 8: Seems solid. Protects your PB cards which I think is a good touch. Once again needs testing, but I think this is a pretty average card that wouldn't need running.

Card 9: This is epic. Sangan for the deck, but it SSs? Raise the attack by 250 so it can't SS itself.

Card 10: Meh this is really uneeded seeing as you didnt make a PB synchro monster. On the other hand the revival is really sick here. If there was a good PB monster this could be broke.

Card 11: Make it from the deck to the graveyard if you want to break it, but actually with the amount of plusing this looks like this new PB deck would do, Hand might be fine.

Card 12: Very interesting but that fact that you lose your hand probably makes it UPed. Not sure how to fix that though.

Card 13: Give it 100 more ATK to make it better than Pearl, but make it PB specific. Then it would be awesome.

Card 14: This looks promising. Could give it piercing or whatever. I would need to test it, but it could be broke in the deck.

Card 15: I would run 1 of this for protection, but the ATK increase seems like it wouldn't be a reason to run it.

Card 16: Seems okay considering the amount of +s you built in to the new Phantom Beasts. This looks okay but I would rather run a bunch of other cards.

Card 17: Oh ya an equip! There should be more of this. It looks pretty good. Returning to the deck should probably occur before it's sent to the graveyard and to make sure that happens you should write it into the effect.

Ya I got lazy by the end but whatevers. Nice cards and I wish they were real.

[quote name='Welche' timestamp='1322764226' post='5678532']
If it's going to be a vanilla, it needs like 2800ish atk to be better than Scrap Dragon.
[/quote]

Huh...? *goes back to look at the Synchro* ... I thought I added the effect!!

Hang on just one sec.

EDIT: Fixed it. Now it has an effect. Though now that you mention it, I may make a "Vanilla" PB Synchro later.

Archived