Batman: Arkham Chaos [Started/Accepting via OOC]

The White Wolf

Nightwing and Former finally arrived at Gotham Hospital. It looked like it was barricaded, well since the chaos started...would be a smart move. [color=#000080]"There should be another way inside there..." [/color]he said, scouting the building, then seeing a small window that wasn't exactly boarded shut. [color=#000080]"Former...that's the ticket in." [/color]He smirked as he jumped off the building's roof, then gliding as he kicked through the window, luckily no one was there. [color=#000080]"I'm going on ahead to the girl..." [/color]Nightwing said, to his ally as he ran through the hospital halls, searching for the room.

The door to her room opened quickly as Nightwing rushed in, followed closely by a man she had never seen before. "Are y-" Nightwing started to say as Selina finally unlocked the chains holding her down. Quickly, she rolled off the bed as the blade hidden in the ceiling came crashing down where she previously was. Calmly, Selina stood up and brushed the dust off her body as she scooted the chains away from her. "You boys should be lucky I'm as nimble as a cat and could reach the lock. Otherwise, I would have died." she said as she began to slowly stretch her arms and legs. "So who's the new guy?" she asked Nightwing.

This was certanly most unexpected, and interesting.

I hadn't taken long for Crane to find whoever, or whatever, followed him down here, mostly due to the loud splashes the girl made in the puddles
littering the damp floors of most tunnels.
However, that was to be expected by now.
Crane had spent most of his time down in the here ever since escaping Arkham Island and barely surviving Killer Croc, and because of that he practicly knew this part of the system of tunnels running beneath Gotham like the back of his hand.
How could he not have learned it while rigging the vents and noting ways to escape if followed or discovered.

What had been un expected was how soon the intruder, a thin and lankily looking girl, detected, or seemed to detect the gas since she covered her mouth.
Most normal humans would barely hear any sound at all hinting at the gas trap, so the fact that she could hear something like that was most intriguing, not mentioning the fact that she still insisted wanted to continue, both hinting at abilities and traits unusual to the common subjects the Scarecrow experimented on.
However, she had been to late in detecting it as Crane knew she had breathed in the gas, a low dose but non the less, she would still suffer the effects.
What remained to be seen was how bad they would be since Crane possesed barely any knowledge of the low doses of the gas.

He left her there, leaning against the wall, seemingly already trying to get a grip on reality, and, while barely making a sound, used one of the many shortcuts some of the side tunnels provided to get back to his lair.
He did not need to interfeer further since his observation had provided everything he needed to know right now and could learn withouth directly killing the subject and before the toxin began to kick in completely

[i]Subject 45[/i]
[i]Low ammounts of Fear Toxin administered through sewer vent trap[/i]
[i]Awaiting results[/i]

[quote name='Dwarven King' timestamp='1326522821' post='5763669']
The door to her room opened quickly as Nightwing rushed in, followed closely by a man she had never seen before. "Are y-" Nightwing started to say as Selina finally unlocked the chains holding her down. Quickly, she rolled off the bed as the blade hidden in the ceiling came crashing down where she previously was. Calmly, Selina stood up and brushed the dust off her body as she scooted the chains away from her. "You boys should be lucky I'm as nimble as a cat and could reach the lock. Otherwise, I would have died." she said as she began to slowly stretch her arms and legs. "So who's the new guy?" she asked Nightwing.
[/quote]

[color=#000080][i]Catwoman...not someone I would hope to see. [/i][/color]Nightwing thought, sighing as he crossed his arms. [color=#000080]"The guy next to me is Former. We were here to solve another riddle from Nigma. Though, didn't expect you to be the girl we'd be saving." [/color]He turned away and then glanced back at Catwoman. [color=#000080]"Answers, why were you brought here and what were you doing?" [/color]Nightwing, unlike Batman, didn't trust Catwoman one bit. Somehow she'd always double-cross them, and he knew this with him and Batman working with her on a couple occasions. Of course, in the end, they were always being sold out by her.

Selina looked over the man Former, then turned her attention to Nightwing. "Totally not my type." she thought to herself as Nightwing asked her what she was doing here. She sighed and crossed her arms. "To be honest, I was gathering up my things and vacating town. After the events that went down in Arkham City, I decided I wanted nothing to do with any of this. So I was going to leave until things died down. When I entered my apartment, the door locked behind me and gas began filling the place. A few seconds later, I blacked out. Then I woke up here chained to the bed. The TV over there turned on and that Riddler guy came on screen and said I was going to die by that blade if my savior didn't show up in time. Apparently that was you, and it's a good thing I didn't lay around relying on you." She snorted. "I never rely on a man. Always useless." Selina cocked her head to the side. "Any other questions, little mini detective?"

[color=#000080]"Didn't lay down waiting for me, huh?" [/color]Nightwing asked with a small smirk. [color=#000080]"Unfortunately I think you were." [/color]He shook his head and then walked out of the room, pressing the ear-piece. [color=#000080]"Boss, solved the second riddle. And rescued a cat from her prison...yeah Catwoman was the girl in the room." [/color]Nightwing said, into the ear-piece. [color=#000080]"Alright, where is the next riddle? Riddler should be announcing his third riddle sometime soon. Though he's probably freaked out that two riddles are down." [/color]he chuckled, as he looked at Former. Then he turned to Selina Kyle, looking a bit serious. [color=#000080]"Now, I suggest you leave here. Cause we don't need your kind of help..."[/color]

Selina huffed. "The last time I tried to leave, I wound up on my death bed!" she proclaimed. "That Riddler freak could have somether else planned for me. You know how he is with his riddles." Selina paused and carefully looked around the room. No windows and only one door. By the contents of the room, she was obviously in the hospital. Which meant getting out of the city would be hard from where she was at. She needed a plan. "Besides, a fragile kitty like me needs a strong man to protect her." she cooed as she got close to Nightwing and winked.

Nightwing looked at Catwoman and copped up a small smirk. [color=#000080]"Yeah and I remember the last time we worked together. And when you wanted my help with Enrique Algansho...when you tried to take "The Cat's Eye Emerald that you hid in one of the ancient statues from Argentina." [/color]He remembered how it went down, though him, Batman, and Oracle(back then Batgirl) figured out she was playing him and planned a ambush...even when they were ambushed by Enrique Algansho. [color=#000080]"Why should I trust you about working with us this time? For all I know, you'll backstab us like always."[/color]

Former sighed. "[color=#ff0000]To think you told me you had only a few issues with her.[/color]" he began talking to Nightwing. "[color=#ff0000]But it seems these 'few issues' are actually a grudge. Heh. Well, I'll just say this...[/color]" He then pulled him in to make sure that the frisky feline wouldn't be able to hear him, since it's none of her concern, at least not yet, anyway. "[size=2][color=#ff0000]If she's got info on what Nigma's planning, we need her to lead us. And if she tries to do something funny, I'll be the first to know and you and the boss will be the first I tell. Remember. I can disquise myself, so she won't know it's me. Pray that she doesn't figure it out it's me.[/color][/size]" Pulling himself away he patted Nightwing's back. "[color=#ff0000]So...are you gonna swallow your pride or stay clueless about what to do next?[/color]"

Nightwing glanced at Former and gritted his teeth. [color=#000080]"Fine..." [/color]He turned around, crossing his arms as he glared at Catwoman. [color=#000080]"OK then...you can stay. Under the circumstances. You stay with us at ALL times, don't feel like getting jumped on for letting you do something a bit stupid. If you don't...then we'll make sure you get out of Gotham until this ordeal is over." [/color]He walked out of the room again and pressed his ear-piece. [color=#000080]"Boss, letting Catwoman help us. Tell Oracle to keep tabs on here...even when she's with us." [/color]Nightwing shook his head and then leaned up against the wall. [color=#000080][i]Can't believe I'm letting this chick work with us...[/i][/color]

Batman had already defeated the Titan before answering Daichi. He had frozen the inside of the pipes to keep the gas from exiting by using the Freeze Grenades. Then he took it on like any other ordinary Titan, easily defeating it within minutes [color=#a9a9a9]"Good day."[/color] he responded while using his grapple on the nearest high rise building and using the Grapnel Boost for extra oomph on his launch into the air. He began gliding while looking around the city. The Joker hadn't hung up [color=#008000]"Ooh Bats, you really need to give these guys better chances, their self-esteem is so low these days. I mean you can't find good quality henchmen nowadays." [/color]Batman ignored him and responded with [color=#a9a9a9]"Okay."[/color] to Nightwing on the coms, all while hanging up on Joker. [color=#a9a9a9]"Oracle, I need you to keep tabs on Nightwing."[/color] [color=#0000ff]"On it."[/color]

[color=#008000]"Baaaaats. Hello? Goddammit Bats."[/color]

Subtlety playing the by passer during the whole battle saw Bats do his work as he normally does: taking down goons with no problem. This only made her angry, but she was in no position to fight; she waited for batsy to grapple away before coming out into the open, looked at the fallen titan goon. She knew only the Joker had access to titan but she wanted to make sure. A small indication of face paint and she was convinced. The only thing on her mind now was to back track his steps since he had to gotten here somehow. She looked around and saw what looked like giant footprints in the concrete despite all the chaos. This was a straight shot to her beloved and started to follow them, knowing that when she got to the end of the path, her puddin's henchmen will lead her right to him.

Archived