Destiny Hero - Disk Commander: Disckussion (LOL PUN)

Guest Chaos Pudding

A+++++ pun.

Also' date=' anyone notice the trend of "we" discussing better cards and "they" the worser.

[/quote']

Perhaps.

Anyway, Disk isn't going to be so good this format, now that your opponent can just steal it from you. That's why I say that Monster Reborn was brought back as anti-PC.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Because Autonomous Action Unit totally killed Disk last format right?

Bad example. AAU can ONLY pull from your opponent's grave, therefor making it unreliable. Reborn can pull from both, therefor making it have no risk of not being able to control what you can pull at a given time.

Guest Chaos Pudding

The only instance in which AAU is as "unreliable" as you claim would be against Macro decks' date=' in which case Monster Reborn isn't exactly an ideal option either. Good players don't run bad cards, what you pull [b']will[/b] be useful.

That's not what I was saying. I was saying is that when you run AAU, you run the risk of drawing it when there is nothing to bring back. At least with Prem you control the Grave it targets, thereby giving you some security.

Guest Chaos Pudding
That's not what I was saying. I was saying is that when you run AAU' date=' you run the risk of drawing it when [b']there is nothing to bring back.[/b]

This is not a valid counter-argument.

How so? You have little/no control over what your opponent dumps to his/her own Grave.

If there is nothing to revive in your opponent's GY... well that's beyond situational. That's like saying running monsters in a deck is bad because you may have a full field and are incapable of summoning, causing a dead draw.

If nothing your opponent runs is worth reviving, your opponent sucks and every subsequent argument is therefore void.

Guest Chaos Pudding

If there is nothing to revive in your opponent's GY... well that's beyond situational. That's like saying running monsters in a deck is bad because you may have a full field and are incapable of summoning' date=' causing a dead draw.

If nothing your opponent runs is worth reviving, your opponent sucks and every subsequent argument is therefore void.

[/quote']

Alright, I concede. I suppose you have a reason as to why you even brought AAU into the conversation? Since it can only pull from the opponent's Grave, the monster brought back will most likely just be tribute fodder. Since the card goes back to the opponent's Grave, you can't collect effects that activate in the Grave. What redeeming reason does it have to be played?

Guest Chaos Pudding
I suppose you have a reason as to why you even brought AAU into the conversation?

Not really' date=' just to disprove the fact that mere "opp gy recursion" won't affect Disk the slightest.

[/quote']

But Monster Reborn isn't just "mere 'opp gy recursion'". It plays both sides of the field. Though I see your point.

You remind me of someone I know on another forum. Instead of obnoxiously countering every argument people are throwing at you by saying they are somehow not valid, you could at the very least explain to them why their argument does not make a significant enough difference to you to be considered. The reason AAU is not used is because cards from your own deck have a tendency of coinciding better with your own strategies. Cards from other players decks have a tendency of coinciding with their strategies rather than your own. On top of that, you have to rely on your opponent to supply the dead monster, and even again, 1500 isn't exactly a cheap lifepoints cost. It isn't that you couldn't pay it, it's that you could use those LP for something far more important. The only reason for running AAU would be for Disk Commander. It wouldn't be worth the space.

All Recursion cards have the flaw that there has to be something dead for it to revive. Monster Reborn has only half the chance of being a dead draw as it has access to both card pools. It is also not a trap, so Jinzo/Decree won't bother it. Overall, it is already a valuable card that is better than its predecessor. The reason it is a threat to Disk Commander is because its already being run. Its usefulness in the DC situation is just icing on the cake. Albeit a very sweet icing. I actually like thought behind the move, as it hurts Disk Commander without taking up another space in your deck. The problem is that they still made a ban. CotH took the bullet for Disk Commander, and I'm still a bit annoyed about that.

@The Dark One: I don't think I ever argued against Monster Reborn being better than AAU.

1500 isn't cheap, it just isn't expensive either.

Because it isn't even worthy of deck space, I fail to see how Monster Reborn's "opp gy recursion" would butcher Disk's playability. It'd be a thorn to pick, but hardly to the point where "damn, can't run disk because opp can steal it for a +2".

Monsters in GY isn't exactly a nigh-high requisite, is it?

AAU isn't a trap.

I don't think I ever argued against Monster Reborn being better than AAU.

@Lord Sheogorath: This isn't a Disk vs DAD discussion.

Btw Disc works outside of PC (LOPL PUN).

Archived