Yu-gi-oh! 5D's: An Immortal Harbinger (IC Thread)

Admiral_Stalfos19

[color=#4b0082]"It is [/color][i]you[/i][color=#4b0082]​ who is weird," [/color][color=#000000]Kira spat defiantly, as she drew her two cards as per Rare Value's effect, [/color][color=#4b0082]"And introductions can wait; I need you to give me time to finish my turn first, while I have it fresh in my mind. Now... where was I?"[/color]

[color=#000000]She then studied her two cards. One was Dragon Queen of Tragic Endings. This card was too high in Level to escape from Level Limit - Area B, but it [i]could[/i] serve as potent defence while she waited to draw a card that would destroy that respective card. The other one she didn't pay much attention to, but from the background, she could tell it was supposed to be a Spell Card.[/color]

[color=#4b0082]"Oh yeah, I remember what I wanted to do now," [/color][color=#000000]Kira stated, [/color][color=#4b0082]"I activate Crystal Blessing again, although [i]this[/i] time I'm only able to choose Sapphire Pegasus and Amber Mammoth, and now, since I technically control 3 Continuous Spell Cards as per my Crystal Beasts' effects, I can Special Summon Dragon Queen of Tragic Endings in Defense Position."[/color]

[color=#000000]A sapphire and an amber crystal joined the field, occupying both sides of the cobalt that was there earlier, before a strange dragon was summoned to the field, before assuming a defensive position, not by the effect of the Sinner's card, but by choice.[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Dragon-type/DARK/Level 6/1900 ATK/2600 DEF[/b][/color]

[color=#4b0082]"By the way, if you [i]must[/i] know, my name is Kira Tsurara,"[/color][color=#000000] Kira finally introduced herself, [/color][color=#4b0082]"And yours must be... Yen Inamori?"[/color]

[color=#000000][spoiler=Kira's Status]LP: 3500[/color]
[color=#000000]Cards in Deck: 29[/color]
[color=#000000]Cards in Hand: A Spell Card[/color]
[color=#000000]Cards on Field: Crystal Beast Emerald Tortoise (Def), Dragon Queen of Tragic Endings (Def), Crystal Beast Cobalt Eagle (treated as Spell)[/color][color=#000000], Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus (treated as Spell)[/color][color=#000000], Crystal Beast Amber Mammoth (treated as Spell)[/color]
[color=#000000]Cards in Graveyard: Xyz Effect, Kachi Kochi Dragon, Crystal Promise, Jar of Greed, Spell Reclamation, Rare Value, Crystal Blessing[/color]
[color=#000000]Banished Cards: N/A[/color][color=#000000][/spoiler][/color]

"You recognize me?" Yen said, somewhat surprised, but then again, not really. "I wasn't aware that the media still covered me. The majority of the world has forgotten me by now, as well as everything the word 'Inamori' once meant. But it doesn't matter."

He paused for a second to examine Kira's field. He wasn't in the best of situations, but he hoped that he would still be able to push through. His heart had skipped a beat when Dragon Queen of Tragic Endings, but then he relaxed. It wasn't that much of a monster, and it helped that he didn't focus on destroying enemy monsters. But it didn't help that it allowed his opponent to gather up as many forces as they wanted to. If he lost this, then it was all over. Absolutely all over.

Wait, what was he talking about? If he lost, he could just walk away, although he'd be disappointed that he lost. It wasn't as if this was a duel to the death, despite her oddity. But he had the feeling that if he lost this duel, then he wouldn't have another chance. And then for a moment, he panicked in his head. He had strived for self-preservation. But his own life was worth more than all his limited, painfully limited money, which existed specifically to simply preserve his life. Self-preservation. That was the one more important thing that winning a duel. He glanced at his Chacu Challhua. It would help him get through this. It [i]had[/i] to.

"Well." He said after examining all his options. "Nice to meet you, Kira. You know, in a sense, you're actually somewhat cute despite your obvious insanity. But I'm afraid I must say,[b][i] I will be winning this duel.[/i][/b]"

- - - - - - - - - -

Suddenly, as Bridget fell asleep she found herself standing within a purple mist, and a strange figure was standing in front of her. On the other hand, Bridget found that she was still holding the Earthbound Immortal Uru card in her hand, and it was glowing evilly. A dark-robed man stood in front of her, with sort of long spiky blondy hair. He had a strangely-shaped Duel Disk on his arm, and five cards were already in his hand. His eyes had black sclera.

"Duel, or suffer." He said, and his voice echoed throughout the purple mist.

Despite his appearance, there was something uncertain about him. For a second, it looked as though he had three eyes, and another it looked like his nose was upside down. Apparently, this was a dream. But that didn't make it any less dangerous.

Anya sipped from a small glass of wine, swishing the liquid around in her mouth to savor every droplet. It was excellent, as expected, but just a touch out of her desired price range. Still, the occasional indulgence was hardly sinful, particularly for her. After all, she had received a small, but nevertheless impressive, offer from a company to use her for a commercial shoot later this week. Every step up the ladder was another step towards a far more promising career opportunity in the future. And wasn't that reason enough to indulge?

[i][color=#008000]Did I congratulate you on that, yet?[/color][/i]

Anya blinked once, but otherwise showed no visible reaction to the soft, yet distinct voice within her mind. She had grown accustomed to having her thoughts interrupted by the presence, and so did nothing but sip from the goblet again. Internally, she noted that no, she had not been congratulated for the offer.

[color=#008000][i]Then congratulations...no small part owed to your duel the other night[/i].[/color]

There was a hint of an amused snicker from the voice within, but Anya merely inclined her head in the barest indication of a nod. Normally, she would converse aloud with the presence, but doing so in public would only attract the most unwanted type of attention she could possibly acquire. If word got out, even exaggerated, that she talked to herself in public, she might very well lose the offer she had just gained, in favor of a model who wasn't "insane".

But she knew she wasn't insane. The presence had surfaced as soon as she had received the special card, depicting a lizard rising from the flaming earth. At the moment, it was content to merely offer her some aid now and then, and really the only request it had was that she use the card in her Dueling Deck. She wasn't even required to Summon it, but she did tend to have a surge of good luck whenever she did.

The waiter stopped by her table and placed the bill down, She flicked her gaze over the contents of the bill, nodding once and placing a credit card on the table, which the waiter removed for her, returning a minute or two later with a polite thank-you.

She flicked her hair out of her eyes in a gesture that she knew would appear almost like flirting, even though it did serve the more practical purpose of clearing her vision of the stray strands. She smiled and moved towards the exit, glancing over casually at some of the other patrons, some of them talking to others at different tables. An interesting behavior, as most restaurant patrons kept to themselves.

[color=#4b0082][i]Now then, call me forth![/i][/color] A voice echoed in his mind. [color=#4b0082][i]Victory shall be yours![/i][/color]

Yen grinned as he drew his next card. "Now I'll activate my Trap Card, Karma Cut!" He announced. "By discarding a card, I can remove from play one monster you control, and that monster will be your Dragon Queen of Tragic Endings. A tragic ending indeed."

He took out a card from his hand and sent it to the graveyard. As he did, a large burst of purple energy came from it within his Duel Disk, like a moan. He had sent Earthbound Immortal Chacu Challhua. Then, suddenly a vortex seemed to form within the Dragon Queen, trying to tear it apart into another dimension. But Yen didn't pause for a moment. He had actually betted that he would draw this card, or a card he could Special Summon from the hand without ill consequence, which he could then tribute along with the Xyz Monster. It was amazing that he really did draw it.

"Now I activate the most generic card ever. Monster Reborn." He stated, and activated the last card in his hand. "I'm sure you already know its effect. And I bet you already know which card I'll revive, don't you, [i]Kira?"[/i] His sclera seemed to morph into black for a moment as he began an ominous chant.

[center][font=times new roman,times,serif][color=#4B0082][i]"Souls resting within the earth, concentrate your energy into a new form and life! Devour the world in darkness! Descend now as I call you forth, [b]Earthbound Immortal Chacu Challhua!"[/b][/i][/color][/font][/center]

As he chanted, the sun set and the sky began to darken, but that may have simply just been because night-time was starting. It was past six o'clock. A large portal, a gigantic portal appeared above the two of them, Yen and Kira and a dark whale covered in indigo Nazca lines began to descend from it. It wasn't nearly as large as it had been centuries ago when it was under the possession of the Dark Signers, as if it was, it would have caused a massive uproar at the sight of such a colossal being. Still, its size was undeniable, and it radiated ultimate power. The power of a god. (ATK 2900 > 3300)

[color=#4b0082][i]Good.[/i][/color]

In truth, Yen was still somewhat bothered. It had never spoken to him before, there was something strange about that. He had always felt its presence, but never before had it formed words. But no, winning the duel was more important. And ironically, at that moment, Area B's effect activated, and a massive amount of gravitation force was forced onto the god. Evidently, it had wanted to attack instead to defend, but in the end it was forced into a defensive position (DEF 2400 > 2800). Yen silently cursed to himself as his own plans backfired, in a way. Still, his opponent's Battle Phase was now locked and he could now slowly whittle his opponents' Life Points down to zero. He had won this duel, even if he had to delay it a little.

"Are you afraid, Kira-chan?" He asked, the added suffix intended in a mocking tone. "You know what? I think I know you enough to know that you're not afraid. But this duel is in my hands, you cannot possibly win. Thus, I end my turn."

[spoiler=Yen]
LP: 4000
Hand: 0
Field Zone: Earthbound Immortal Chacu Challhua (DEF [b]2800[/b]), Gachi Gachi Gantetsu [b](DEF 2200)[/b] (2OL)
S/T Zone: Xyz Territory
Cards in Graveyard: Dimensional Prison, Giant Germ, Mirror Force, Karma Cut, Monster Reborn
Banished Cards: N/A
[/spoiler]

[color=#4b0082]"Hmph, fool," [/color][color=#000000]Kira muttered, as she drew one more card, [/color][color=#4b0082]"Believe what you want, but the fact of the matter is that you've already lost this duel, and there's not a single action you can do to save yourself."[/color]

[color=#000000]After all that work of setting up and [i]staying[/i] trailed behind in life points, and even allowing Yen to be so arrogant as to convince her that she couldn't possibly win... the whole [i]lot[/i] of it paid off in the end. There were only two cards in Kira's hand, and both of them were meanings to an end. An end to this duel, and an end to the hunt for Chacu Challhua.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]"Allow me to demonstrate," [/color][color=#000000]Kira stated, with a happy smile across her face, [/color][color=#4b0082]"First, I activate Offerings to the Doomed, destroying my own Emerald Tortoise and sending it to Spell and Trap Zone, and now, since I have 4 Crystal Beasts in said zone, I can activate [i]this[/i], Crystal Abundance. Simple really, I send all 4 Crystal Beasts to the Graveyard, and then I send everything [i]else[/i] to the Graveyard. Finally, I can Special Summon up to as many Crystal Beasts as the cards vanished from [i]your [/i]field."[/color]

[color=#000000]However, that happy smile turned malevolent within seconds, as the card began to work its magic. The four crystals began swirl around and around, and a white light shone into the field, blinding the opposing Sinner.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]"It's over, fool. Hand over Chacu Challhua, and step aside,"[/color][color=#000000] was all Yen could hear.[/color]

"F***." Yen muttered. "But, despite all your monsters, Earthbound Immortal Chacu Challhua prevents you from entering your Battle Phase. So how will you bypass that?"

He knew it was a stupid question, of course she had a plan. For a second, he was tempted to back out - but what if she was bluffing? Then victory was at his hands. He stood his ground, at the tiny chance that she was bluffing. By her attitude, she probably wasn't, but he was NOT about to back out. He wanted to win this, even though he had no way of doing so. He couldn't even really see what was happening, which annoyed him.

Bridget snapped awake, only to realize she wasn't awake at all, but floating in this strange void across from the fluctuating man. She was now in a strange black and red outfit with a black poncho that had a wing-like design on the front and a hood, black finger-less gloves, a black mini-skirt, and black boots. She even had a dark-grey Duel Disk, similar to her opponent, with a draconic head on the front. She wanted to protest, to figure out what was going on, but she figured she had nothing to lose if the other option was to "suffer". Hadn't she suffered enough? What could this guy do to her that life hadn't already inflicted? She drew her cards and asked. "So which one of us is going first?"

[color=#4b0082]"Foolish fool, that effect only works when Chacu Challhua is actually on the [i]field[/i],"[/color][color=#000000] Kira corrected Yen, after laughing maniacally as he was [i]still[/i] unaware of what was happening. As the flash dissipated, everything on Yen had on the field was gone. In their place were three familiar monsters that had been placed in Attack Position, along with what looked to be a large, four-task mammoth. A topaz seemed to have also been dropped by Sapphire Pegasus, but noting that would no longer be necessary.[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Winged Beast-type/WIND/Level 4/1400 ATK/800 DEF[/b]
[b]Beast-type/WIND/Level 4/1800 ATK/1200 DEF[/b]
[b]Beast-type/EARTH/Level 4/1700 ATK/1600 DEF[/b]
[b]Aqua-type/WATER/Level 3/600 ATK/2000 DEF[/b][/color]

[color=#4b0082]"Of course, you remember Sapphire Pegasus' effect, which explains why Topaz Tiger is in my Spell and Trap Zone,"[/color][color=#000000] Kira stated, [/color]
[color=#4B0082]"But that's not important. What's more important is not a thing you can do to stop me. Crystal Beasts, wipe out his Life Points."[/color]

[color=#000000]Upon that order, the monsters charged straight for the defenceless Yen, gathering all the speed they could.[/color]

Before the monsters could get to Yen, he, in a panicked maneuver, placed his hand over his deck, effectively surrendering, and his Duel Disk recognized this. She had swiped away his entire field - Earthbound Immortal Chacu Challhua as well - and he had no way of stopping her. He cursed to himself as he had let himself lost. He couldn't believe that even after summoning his ultimate card. . . . his ultimate, precious precious card, he had failed and lost this duel. No victory. Not even one. This was the first time he had ever surrendered, and the second time he had ever lost. He had a flashback of his father.

As soon as he surrendered, he turned around and began running. Running as fast as possible towards his mansion. He wasn't sure it was the correct direction, but at least he HOPED it was. He ran, since this duelist wasn't normal. He wasn't sure what she would do next, but ran away, like the coward he was.

- - - - -

"I will go first." The mysterious man of darkness echoed in a dark voice, and drew his card. "I will set one monster and two cards and end my turn."

The way he said things, he seemed certain. As if he already knew the outcome, as if Bridget could not resist whatever force was coming towards her, whatever it was. Or as if she could, but he expected her to be beaten by it. Whatever the outcome was, he seemed certain that whatever it was, that was it.

"Suffering is necessary in order to evolve." He said. "We all experience it, some more than others, but it helps us learn. Sometimes, however, those who have suffered less than others . . . deserve to suffer more. You have lived all your life in [i]envy[/i], Ms. Cooper. Have you ever felt that you deserve more than the rest? What if I told you that you do?"

He paused for a moment.

"That was sarcasm." He mocked. "You're just common, you have no hope of achieving anything special. Watch as others around you rise up. Do you feel their laughter? Their mockery at you?!"

[color=#000000][b]Kira Tsurara[/b][/color]

[color=#000000]Fearing that this "master" of hers would have something to [i]say[/i] about both failed attempts at acquiring the Earthbound Immortals, Kira could only bolt down the street after the Sinner. The little chase scene didn't last long however, and despite the fact that Kira could run faster than Yen, the chase [i]wasn't[/i] going to end in her favour.[/color]

[color=#4b0082]"GET BACK HERE, YOU SON OF A...!!" [/color][color=#000000]Kira ran face-first into a street light and staggered in recoil, before trying her best to continue her pursuit. But it was too late; by the time she could recover, Yen had already covered too much ground.[/color]

[color=#4b0082]"I've failed the master," [/color][color=#000000]Kira said in a sorrowful tone.[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Sora Furyoku[/b][/color]

[color=#000000]In the midst of the night, Sora had managed to make it to the Phoenix Monastery, and stealthily made her way up to the altar. She tried her best to cover her tracks, but even as she did so, [i]something[/i] in the back of her mind told her she was going to be found anyway. But still... she had to dampen any efforts to find her [i]somehow[/i].[/color]

[color=#800080]"I never thought I'd return here after 4 years," [/color][color=#000000]Sora said, after settling down at the altar, [/color][color=#800080]"Least of all at [i]this[/i] time of the day. But... I don't what the hell's going on any more, and... I need help."[/color]

[color=#000000]She looked up at the sky... or what [i]would[/i] be sky if the roof wasn't there, as tears started to materialize in her eyes, only to roll down her cheeks and onto the floor. She'd been kneeling this whole time, hands clasped together with the grip of a vice.[/color]

[color=#800080]"Today was supposed to be a day of celebration,"[/color][color=#000000] Sora went on to say, [/color][color=#800080]"It's my 21st birthday, and... I... I could've [i]died[/i]!"[/color]

[color=#000000]Unable to think of anything else to say, Sora buried her hands over her eyes as she wailed over what had happened to her the past couple of hours, unaware that she could [i]cry[/i] herself to sleep before anyone were to find her.[/color]

Somehow, Yen had managed to outrun his pursuer. He was exhausted, but it had been the right thing to do. Her pursuing him only showed the danger he had nearly brought upon himself. He stopped and took the Chacu Challhua card off his deactivated Duel Disk. He looked at it for a moment. Why had it failed him? And also, he had heard its voice. That made everything suspicious. He thought he had everything figured out, but he barely knew anything. Miraculously, he managed to reach his mansion and entered it, exhausted.

His servants didn't greet him. They were only paid to do their jobs, after all, and it was the only reason they stayed. That, and pity for the useless spoiled boy who focused the last remaining bit of his finances into his own self-preservation. Dinner was, however, already prepared. Yen put his Chacu Challhua, along with all the cards in his graveyard, back into his deck before shuffling it. He had to develop a counterstrategy if he were to ever face this Crystal Beast user, Kira, again. He took off his Duel Disk and left it lying on the dinner table. Then he sat down to eat. When he was done, he rose up from the chair, entered his room, and slept on a bed which seemed fit for a royal prince.

How close had he been to victory? Not all that close, actually. Even if Kira had NOT used that spell card, it still would have taken him three turns to beat her. That was frustrating. Victory. All he wanted was victory. Was that too much to ask for? He slowly drifted off to sleep, still thinking about it.

Ein had decided to wait on his current target and to go after the next one, Yen. The operation was simple, after researching him Ein found that he was in need of a steady supply of capital and so he arranged for a large amount of stock in some of the most stable companies McDonalds, KFC, Subway and would exchange them them with Yen for his Earthbound Immortal if he had it. Ein soon reached his home and made his way to the bedroom knocking on the door, [b][color="#0000ff"]"Mr. Yen Inamori, I'm here with a business proposal can you please let me in"[/color][/b]

Yen groaned as his eyes started to open. Who the hell? Why had his servants let him in? He started to freak out. What if the man had mud on his shoes, or boots, or whatever? It would cost more money and resources to clean it all. Why DID his servants let this stranger in? His voice was unfamiliar. Yen got up. He had had enough of a day already. But then the man's words registered into his brain.

[i]Business proposal.[/i] But what could he possibly provide? He was well-educated, but had no idea how to do anything to gain finance. He had no idea how to work things out, much less sort out an entire business. That was the entire reason he was forced to cut himself off from the rest of the entire business world, for self-preservation. Still, what if he was capable of fulfilling this business proposal? Then he would be capable of extending his own self-preservation with the increase of money.

The possibility lingered in his head. Still in his pajamas, he walked up to the door. As he did, a dark aura had begun to slowly surround him, but in the dim light of his bedroom light it was unnoticable. Still, he felt greed. A business proposal. Money. Longer self-preservation. Longer life. The possibilities. He opened it.

"Yes?" He asked. His eyes didn't seem focused on the man.

[b][color="#0000ff"]"Hello it has come to the attention of an organization I represent that you may have come into possession of an Earthbound Immortal card, if that is so we are willing to exchange it for a large sum of stock in multiple companies that will allow you to keep your current life style without worrying about about income or the property tax on your estate, the estimated value of the stock will bring you around 5 million dollars a year, any extra money could be saved or reinvested." [/color][/b]In Ein's research he had found that Yen was trying to save money which meant he most likely didn't know how to make any add that to the effects his EI could have on him and it was likely that he was possessed by greed and would do anything for money even if that meant selling the card for the right price.

What was it with these people and Earthbound Immortals? Yen couldn't tell. There were cards so much better than them overall. But still, did this guy really think he could just barge in without permission or resistance, and take away-

[i]Wait. What. [b]FIVE MILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR?!?!?!?!?[/b][/i]

As far as he was concerned, five million was more than enough to sustain a person's living in a single year. And then he said 'every year'. 'Every year' as in 'every year', this practically granted him immortality. The dark aura that had begun to surround him began to thicken to the point of it being noticable, even by this rude stranger, as thoughts of greed began to cross his mind. His knees shook. Five million per year. He wouldn't get any close to being a billionaire, but still. [b]Five. Frikin'. Million. Per Year.[/b] All he had to do was to hand over a single card, and boom! Unlimited self-preservation. It was a deal he couldn't refuse. He took out his Earthbound Immortal card, Chacu Challhua. But when he did, he saw that it was cackling with dark energy, like being charged with black electricity. But he didn't care, that was this guy's problem.

And then, when he looked down at it for more than a second, second thoughts began to pass across his mind, mostly in the form of whispers. [color=#4b0082][i]He will betray you,[/i][/color] the whispers beckoned. [color=#4b0082][i]The five million dollars are a lie.[/i][/color] Yen's free hand clenched at this thought. They're a lie?! [color=#4b0082][i]He's only interested in stealing the remains of what now sustains you.[/i][/color] No. Unacceptable.

Then, a clawed hand made of dark energy emerged from the card, and it clasped around Yen's head, engulfing it completely. All this was completely visible to the stranger. More and more thoughts began to cross in Yen's mind. [i]If he really has that much money, five million a year, then assaulting him right here and now for it wouldn't be so hard, now would it?[/i] He thought. [i]If so, then that wouldn't be too much of a problem.[/i]

[color=#4b0082][i]Surrender to me. Surrender to me and you will be granted [b]true[/b] unlimited self-preservation! Your Greed shall be satisfied![/i][/color]

Yen grinned. [i]Chacu Challhua, I surrender to you.[/i]

The hand of dark energy then seemed to scatter into pieces, which then began to enter his body through his mouth, nose, ears, and eyes. The lights that had allowed the stranger to see up to that point then suddenly went out, somewhat like a horror film. After another few seconds of darkness, they flickered back on, revealing Yen. Overall, he looked the same, but he had a different kind of look on his face, a look of Greed. Also, he had a Duel Disk on his right arm, a black one. He had given in. He was no longer Yen.

[color=#4b0082]"Let's make a new deal."[/color] This new entity said. His tone sounded computer-generated. There was no real emotion, or tone, or accent in it. Just darkness. And greed. His tone sounded as if he was about to win a billion grand. [color=#4b0082]"Duel me. If you win, [b]I[/b] am yours to control. However, if you lose. . . . then I'm afraid that your currency, wherever it may be, shall suffer a sudden disappearance into my hands."[/color]

Ein wasn't fazed by what had happened to Yen it was one of the outcomes he had predicted but he felt it would have been better to have come sooner when the Immortal's influence would not have been as strong. [b][color="#0000ff"]​Very well but lets head outside where it is less crowded for a duel, oh and if you believe that you will be able to take me over when I win you you are mistaken I am immune to the powers of the Earthbound Immortals.[/color][/b] With that Ein walked outside and prepared to duel allowing for his opponent to take the first turn.

Archived