Rise of the Gods

Protean

Seems to me that the only card sets I've been making are for my friends nowadays. Ah well, nothing wrong with that. I made this set as part of a "Get Well" gift for one of my friends and she absolutely loves the Greek Myths. She's almost as big of a nerd as I am, so I thought she'd like this.

Again, any constructive criticism regarding card effects and OCG is greatly appreciated. x3

Artist Credits:

Monster Cards: TaekwondoNJ of deviantART

The Eye of Fate: JadedbyChoice of deviantART

The Hand of Fate: Trish2 of deviantART

Hera's Golden Apples: HESPERIDE of deviantART

Mount Olympus: andyparkar of deviantART

Searching the Styx: BrainGhost of deviantART

Regarding the Art for "Sword of Damocles"... Well, I found it an art thread on this site and I completely cannot remember who made it. So, just so I cover my bases, I didn't make it and I give full credit for it to whoever did.

AphroditeGoddessofTemptation.jpg

ApolloGodoftheSun.jpg

AresGodofWar.jpg

ArtemisGoddessoftheHunt.jpg

AthenaGoddessofWisdom.jpg

HadesGodoftheUnderworld.jpg

HephaestusGodoftheForge.jpg

HeraGoddessofMagic.jpg

HermesMessengeroftheGods.jpg

PoseidonGodoftheSeas.jpg

ZeusLordofOlympus.jpg

Effect: Activate only during your opponent's Battle Phase. If you have 2 or more Fairy-Type monsters on your side of the field, and they are all destroyed by battle during the Battle Phase, you may Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is successfully Special Summoned this way, destroy all face-up monsters your opponent controls with an ATK equal to or less than the ATK of this card. As long as "Sanctuary in the Sky" is on the field, you may discard one Spell Card to destroy 1 face-down monster your opponent controls.

HerasGoldenApples.jpg

MountOlympus.jpg

SearchingtheStyx.jpg

SwordofDamocles.jpg

TheEyeofFate.jpg

TheHandofFate.jpg

Guest JoshIcy

miniscule errors here and there, not big ones though....

and they would have looked better if you didnt give the sub name... kinda irritating esspecially with those commas... dashes would have been better...

ill do a full review in the morning....

9.99/10... opinion is subject to change in 5-6hrs

Icyblue said it' date=' very nice cards though, i can see you have put major effort into these cards, how long did they take you?

8.9/10 ^_^

[/quote']

Thanks for the input everyone! xD This set was a little hard to make so I'm happy it's getting some decent scores.

Oh, I'd say they took me a few days at least. Coming with up effects that suited the original purpose of each diety was kind of a pain in the ass, but I think it turned out okay once they were finished. Plus, I just needed to brush up on my Greek Mythology to make sure this set was at least somewhat accurate to the original stuff.

I like the set' date=' it's really good, but one thing about Hera, she's not the goddess of magic, she's the goddess of marriage. If you wish to creat cards based on mythology, try to get the mythology right. but nice set.

[/quote']

Oh, I knew that about Hera from the very beginning. It's just that how do you take a theme like marriage and make it into card effect that follows it? I thought about making her a Union Monster for Zeus, but then I figured that would just make things too complicated.

Mmm.... Good point. I'll try and think of something else for Hera to do, though I doubt its going to be easy. Although, that idea of turning her into an Equip Card or Union Monster for Zeus is actually starting to look better and better.

Thanks for your input and I'll hopefully think of something that follows what you've suggested close enough.

Archived