altemon's Monthly Grab Bag! - March

altemon

This Grab Bag competitions preliminary round begins on the 1st of March. Here is the preliminary challenge.

Make 3 cards. One must be a Monster card, one a Magic card, and one a Trap card. They must all relate to each other, must all help each other, and must all be based on a TV show.

Marking criteria

Picture: 20%

OCG, spelling and grammar: 20%

Under/overpoweredness: 20%

Name: 10%

Related to each other: 20%

References to TV show: 10%

To qualify, you must get over 60%, marked by me, and me only. However, in upcoming Grab Bags, I may employ professional markers, and these people will be payed. The pay will be 20 points for every card you mark. PM me if you want to become a marker.

March's Grab Bag

1 free Pokemon town/route map

Exclusive Pokemon map making tutorial

150 points

2 reps

100 points

Only 5 people can qualify, and enter the Final Round challenge! Get in quick!

Final Round Challenge

Will be put up when we have 5 people qualify.

You must not post entries until 1st March. The competition has not started yet, so technically, I am only running one contest at the moment!

• 2 weeks later...

@Brodioh

Sorry, only 3 cards.

@terrorblazer

Yep, any genre. You can reserve entries.

@casaditymaker

Doesn't have to be a pic of the show, just based on it.

@Organization

I'd rather you made new cards.

@Yankeefan

Yay, pokemon! A pleasure to have you in the contest.

Well, if you all qualify, then that's the qualifications done!

i will enter

monster

Chaos.jpg

trap

summon.jpg

spell

untitled-1.jpg

I'll grade the cards all together as the marks are to be allocated as such:

Marking criteria

Picture: 20%

OCG, spelling and grammar: 20%

Under/overpoweredness: 20%

Name: 10%

Related to each other: 20%

References to TV show: 10%

Presentation: The cards are original but the pictures don't seem to go with the name of the card except for your Esper-Chaos. The pics are a little blurry and as i mentioned earlier, the picture for your magic and trap cards do not go with the name.

I'll give you a 6/10 for presentation.

Next, are their effects.

First, I'll judge your monster. I spot a few spelling errors and an ocg error. The effect should have been like this:

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Tributing 3 Dark monsters you control. While this card is face-up on the field, all face-up "Esper" monsters on your side of the field gain 500 Atk.

Next, Will be your Trap card.

There are a few spelling errors and two ocg errors. The effect should be as followed:

Activate only when your opponent declares an attack. Special summon one Esper monster. When this card is destroyed, destroy the monster.

Lastly, i will judge your spell card.

There are 2 ocg errors. The effect should be as followed:

This card can only be equipped to an "Esper" monster. The equipped monster cannot be destroyed by battle. (Damage calculation is applied normally.)

Also, why is it a quick-play if you want to equip it to a monster???

I'll give you a 5/10 for Ocg, spelling and grammar.

Next, Will be their under/overpoweredness.

Your Esper-chaos's effect is so-so as its effect comes with a price, which is to tribute 3 dark type monsters. The Def of this card can make up for the tribute and its Atk points automatically go up to 2500 from 2000 due to its effect. It Could be abused by using the card Blaze of Demise, which creates two tokens for you which can be tributed for DARK monsters.

Next, Your card Esper summon is basically a call of the haunted for your Esper Monsters which can only be used when an opponents declares an attack. BUT, there is a huge difference in its effect from call of the haunted. You never stated that it had to be from your graveyard, hand, deck etc. So this effect is totally overpowered as it will allow you to drag out one Esper monster from basically anywhere onto the field in either Attack mode or Defense mode as long as it can be special summoned. This effect can basically change the tide of the game to your favour therefore it is too overpowered.

Lastly comes your spell card.

Firstly, a question. Why is it a quick-play spell card when it's effect clearly states "equip"? If this card is a equip card, it is basically useless and underpowered. If it is a quick-play card, it will only last for a turn like shrink but it can actually save your monster from being smashed to itty bitty pieces for one turn, which is actually quite useful depending on the situation.

Overall, you crated an okay card, an overpowered card and an underpowered card.......... I'll give you a 5/10 for this criteria.

Next, I will judge the card names.

Esper-chaos sounds rather cool and i think the term Esper means to have some sort of telekinetic or psychic ability for which i don't see a link. But more or less, it would mean something if you made more cards linked to "Esper".

Esper summon is quite a plain name but it suits its effect well so no complaints there.

Counter attack...... is rather plain and it DOESN'T go with the PICTURE or the EFFECT.

A 6/10 for card names.

Now, we will look at how they are related to each other.

Esper-Chaos helps out all other Esper monsters, But why not change the effect to "This card can only be special summoned by tributing 2 Esper monsters you control"? (if you're wondering why 2 then its because the summoning cost is not too high to achieve meaning that this card can actually be played)

Esper Summon Is basically a Call of the Haunted for Esper monsters as mentioned before.

And Counter attack is a card that has to be equiped to an Esper monster....

So.....overall i'll give an 7/10 as we can see that they relate to each other in one way or another.

LASTLY, There is hardly any link from your cards to a TV show that i can see unless you're inderectly refering to shows that talk about ESP powers and the like.

3/10 for this.

Total,

6/10

5/10

5/10

6/10

7/10

3/10

Total %= 55%

(sorry for being long winded..............Btw any1 knows the reason why my images don't appear on my cards when i generate them using the Card maker?)

Sry for the double post but noone seems to be posting.....

Here are my cards. They are related to Digimon =D i got the pics off yahoo.

DigitalMonster-Valkyriemon-1.jpg

Digital Monster-Valkyriemon:

When this card is Normal Summoned or Special Summoned successfully, You may select up to two level 4 or below "Digital" monsters from your graveyard and special summon the selected cards to the field in face-up attack

Digivice-EvolutionMechanism.jpg

DigitalCrest.jpg

Archived