[MTG] Zur the Enchanter

One of the worst commanders, at least considering my play area. In my play area, any deck strictly based around a non-Uril general gets horribly crushed by its general being put to the bottom of its owner's library. The only ways to play commander in my area: play Uril, or don't use a deck that relies on its general to win.

Such a b*tch once he gets working, because Auras only target as spells, so even if he's hooked up with Diplomatic Immunity, you're still able to hook up auras to him provided he is the means of putting them onto the battlefield. Also, if there's a Blightsteel on the table, he can instead search up Pacifism, Arrest, Prison Term, a Vow, etc., to hook up to the Blightsteel.

[quote name='-Lightray Daedalus-' timestamp='1331683066' post='5869514']
This Uril?

[img]http://magiccards.info/scans/en/arb/124.jpg[/img]

I don't see what it is so good about this...
[/quote]

My point was to say that, in my play area, decks completely reliant on their general usually get their asses handed to them unless Uril is the general, since Uril is pretty tough for opponents to deal with permanently.

[quote name='-Lightray Daedalus-' timestamp='1331743910' post='5870270']
That's the proble...I don't see why it is so hard
[/quote]

I'm not saying Uril's good, I'm just saying that opponents can't deal with him directly too easily and that he's the only general that a deck can be entirely based around.

Uril has hexproof, meaning opponents can't target it. That wipes out Condemn, Oblation, Arrest, etc. The only other ways to deal with him are combat (not likely if the deck is truly dedicated around him) or nuking the board. However, if you nuke the board, he just goes to the command zone and will probably come back next turn. Noting how he has green to mana accel and red to give him haste, he probably won't stay in command zone for too long. Pretty much the only way to permanently deal with him is Hallowed Burial, and I've rarely seen anyone use that card.

Archived