[CFV] A Blast from the Past - Tachikaze

[url="http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Tachikaze"]http://cardfight.wik.../wiki/Tachikaze[/url] - For reference

Grade 0: 17

1 Dragon Egg
4 Black Cannon Tiger ©
4 Bombarding Dragon Sledgeankylo (D)
4 Herbivore Dragon, Brutesaurus (D)
4 Savage Shaman (H)

Grade 1: 13

4 Archbird
4 Winged Dragon, Skyptera
4 Sonic Noa
1 Savage Warrior

Grade 2: 12

4 Bombarding Dragon Cannongear
4 Ravenous Dragon, Megarex
4 Savage Destroyer

Grade 3: 8

4 Chaos Dragon Dinochaos
4 Tyrant, Deathrex

It's a shame so many of the cards are so... basic.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1332469926' post='5884599']
-1 Shieldon
-1 w/e is testing bad (maybe a Deathrex?)
+2 Savage Warrior

If nothing is testing bad then just add 1 Savage Warrior. Better to have a filler G1 than filler G0.
[/quote]

Shieldon for Savage Warrior makes sense, so I'll go with that.

The Deathrexes aren't amazing, but I'd never run less than 8 G3s.

If Death Rexes aren't that good, maybe run some other Grade 3, Like Gigarex or Blastasaurus? Or hell, Savage King looks nice.

... Of course, I'm only recommending every other Grade 3 because I have no experience with Tachikaze at all. I'm thinking Gigarex would be good.

[quote name='iCherry' timestamp='1332472707' post='5884683']
If Death Rexes aren't that good, maybe run some other Grade 3, Like Gigarex or Blastasaurus? Or hell, Savage King looks nice.

... Of course, I'm only recommending every other Grade 3 because I have no experience with Tachikaze at all. I'm thinking Gigarex would be good.
[/quote]

Deathrex can just be a pain when I'm running low on Counterblasts, but that's still kinda rare, I wouldn't want to lose a pseudo-15k VG. It's honestly the best ability any G3 Tachikaze possesses.

Basically Gigarex is never going to have much power, since Tachikaze don't retire THAT much, Blastasaurus is seriously lackluster, for similar reasons, and running it without Deathrex wouldn't make any sense. Savage King is just weak.

They really do.

From testing, they don't retire tons, but enough to warrant the Skypteras, essentially. I think I've only used their CB like 3 times tops in an entire game, along with retiring maybe 1, possibly 2, other RGs. So it really does show that they don't retire absolutely everything, you simply can't afford to lose that much advantage.

[quote name='iCherry' timestamp='1332473141' post='5884699']
Fair enough. I was thinking they retire left and right. x_x
Tachikaze just sound like they need more bosses then.
[/quote]

All they really need is a card that uses Soulblast instead of Counterblast upon tribute, a Mr. Invincible/Bassirk, and a good effect Stand trigger and they would easily be as competitive as Kageros. As it is though, we need a more consistant engine before Tachi will be uberly competitive.

Archived