werewolfjedi Posted March 24, 2012 Report Share Posted March 24, 2012 I've been trying to get around this BS meta, and so I've been going back to my old standby of spellcounter casters, anf found them actually fairly consistant when I run them in a chaos style, wtih BLS and chaos sorcerer, and being able to use synchros and xyzs and a few fusions (namely instant fusion muscian king and supreme arcanite) as I want as helped out alot on the consistainty. I can outlast and then overpower inzectors, and effect veiler can shut down the dragonfly summons, which is the only small problem I have to deal with. wind ups outside of the loop get crushed by consistaint power plays with breaker and defender, plus aformentioned. in the loop I can usually topdeck. I do admit it needs work on this angle but the sheer power I can usually throw on the field has usually taken care of the problem. but I can't get over those damn dino rabbits. I have effect veiler main, and I side Maxx C since I usually don't need it on the other two, and I run chalice over chain for the spell counter, and the random bs I can do with chaos sorcerer there. the countering effects they have are just so more consistiant than I can play around. an apprentice engine seems to help let me survive a little longer, but that give very little power to play with against it, which is what I need and what they are stopping, I usually only win when I trick them into a misplay, which usually only works one game, and they usually side their macro style setup, so I lose the match. any suggestions? TLDR : spellcounter chaos caster beat inzectors and windups, but lose to dinos, what could I do to improve my chances. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mido9 Posted March 24, 2012 Report Share Posted March 24, 2012 Old vindictive magician first turn ftw? Probably run a few smashing grounds for citadel ammo + laggia bait,also pretty good against a lone maines or a leviathan. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
werewolfjedi Posted March 24, 2012 Author Report Share Posted March 24, 2012 I"ve actually not been using old vindictive, though I could since I run apprentice, smashing ground sounds like a decent idea toohttp://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/279772-chaos-citadel/ posted a pic for the deck. it's my prefered build but I know it can be modified to a high extent, it's a very flexible deck. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.