The Competitive Pokemon Coalition Club ( The CPCC )

534671.pngThe Competitive Pokemon Coalition Club534671.png

This club's purpose is to gather the many competitive Pokemon players around YCM. This doesn't mean the card game. This means the actual game. Tournaments will be hosted every week, and there will be leaderboards. All games will be hosted on

Pokemon Online.

Members List:

Hanako Ikezawa (Club Organizer)

.Rai

Tsukasa Hiiragi

RULES:

1. You must have

Pokemon Online to join this club.

2. All YCM rules apply.

3. You must be able to write a small article of a Pokemon on request.

Pokemon of the Week: Lapras

131.png

HP: 130

ATK: 85

DEF: 80

SPA: 85

SPD: 95

SPE: 60

Lapras is an interesting pokemon. With access to Hydration from Dream World, one could only wonder what it could pull off on a permanent Rain team with the likes of Politoed.

Set Name: Wet Lapdance

Item: Leftovers

Ability: Hydration

Nature: Adamant

EV Spread: 252 ATK, 252 SPE, 4 HP

Moves: Rest, Dragon Dance, Ice Shard, Waterfall

This set is only to be used on teams that have permanent Rain Support from a Politoed. With fantastic coverage, reliable recovery and a godlike boosting move in Dragon Dance, it makes me wonder why this set isn't widely used. This set seems to have trouble against heavy Fighting-type hitters when first brought out, so switch it in on a status inflicter and start boosting with Dragon Dance. Rest will fully heal your HP and you'll automatically wake-up with Hydration, so that's a win-win situation.

Tournaments

None going on at the moment.

Application

Name:

Favorite Pokemon:

Do you have Pokemon Online? [ y / n ]

Name: .Rai

Favorite Pokemon: Raichu, motherf*ckers.

Do you have Pokemon Online? [ y / n ]: I read the rules like a cool person, so this is redundant (i.e. yes).

goddamn you raichu. y u no have broken ability to make you OU.

Name: Tsukasa Hiiragi

Favorite Pokemon: Gallade

Do you have Pokemon Online? [ y / n ]: Of course.

goddamn you raichu. y u no have broken ability to make you OU.

For the same reason Blaziken got Speed Boost and became Uber. They f*cking rock.

Guest Chris

Name: Chris

Favorite Pokemon: Persian

Do you have Pokemon Online? Obviously not which is why I decided to join this even after reading the rules. (yes)

Kinda getting back into competitive, really, I only play every now and then and generally in NU/RU/UU

Guest Kanade Otonashi

Name: Kanade Otonashi

Favorite Pokemon: Rotom - All Forms

Do you have Pokemon Online?: Obviously not, which was why i was raving about finding a team i enjoy using earlier today which i was testing using pokemon online

Also, I just recently started, so I'm still kinda learning. You all don't mind... Someone not very informed on the metagame, do you? x-x

Guest Chris

If metagame knowledge has anything to do with it, I'm terrible.

But that's what I get for not playing frequently for well over a year and being pretty much being strictly better at understanding the power levels of lower tiers and how to play them.

Name: Darklink401

Favorite Pokemon: I might have to go with Jolteon here. He's so badass (and on my secondary team. Sadly, not primary team material, tho his speed is godly)

Do you have Pokemon Online? I don't. I use a Pokemon Onlien that isn't Pokemon Online but it's exactly like pokemon Online and it's called Pokemon Online when I use Pokemon Online

tl;dr - yes

If metagame knowledge has anything to do with it, I'm terrible.

But that's what I get for not playing frequently for well over a year and being pretty much being strictly better at understanding the power levels of lower tiers and how to play them.

I have little metagame understanding as well, but I can still figure out movesets and stat distribution quite well so I can be a bit competitive.

A lot of my teams are either favs or strict themes. Like my Hail team that is strictly Ice. Had to give Cloyster Rapid Spin so I had SOME out to Stealth Rock though >:

Guest Kanade Otonashi

A lot of my teams are either favs or strict themes. Like my Hail team that is strictly Ice. Had to give Cloyster Rapid Spin so I had SOME out to Stealth Rock though >:

I'm actually starting out using a Hail team. I got some practice in with it against DL up there.

Let me just say you don't wanna risk just using Ice types alone. Some of their weaknesses just f*** them up. x-x

I am curious though, what ARE you using? :'o

I'm actually starting out using a Hail team. I got some practice in with it against DL up there.

Let me just say you don't wanna risk just using Ice types alone. Some of their weaknesses just f*** them up. x-x

I am curious though, what ARE you using? :'o

I know it fucks them, but it's fun :D

Starter is Choice Scarf Abomasnow, max Speed (with nature), balanced out ATK/Sp ATK, and moveset Wood Hammer, Ice Punch, Blizzard and EQ. Nobody expects the scarf.

Afterwards is standard ATK/SPEED Weavile, then Stallrein with Roar instead of Toxic, Cloyster with DEF/HP and Ice Beam, Surf, Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin, standard Tank Mamoswine and Boltbeam Frosslass with Thunder Wave and a backup Hail. Weavile has fighting weakening berry, Frosslass has annoying Focus Sash, Wallrein has leftovers, Cloyster has some item I forget and Mamoswine has Expert Belt for lack of a better item.

Note this was made in 4th Gen.

Guest Kanade Otonashi

I know it fucks them, but it's fun :D

Starter is Choice Scarf Abomasnow, max Speed (with nature), balanced out ATK/Sp ATK, and moveset Wood Hammer, Ice Punch, Blizzard and EQ. Nobody expects the scarf.

Afterwards is standard ATK/SPEED Weavile, then Stallrein with Roar instead of Toxic, Cloyster with DEF/HP and Ice Beam, Surf, Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin, standard Tank Mamoswine and Boltbeam Frosslass with Thunder Wave and a backup Hail. Weavile has fighting weakening berry, Frosslass has annoying Focus Sash, Wallrein has leftovers, Cloyster has some item I forget and Mamoswine has Expert Belt for lack of a better item.

Note this was made in 4th Gen.

I actually like that a lot. :'D

I lead with a Lum Berry Machamp. Maxed out ATK and HP with extra in Speed. No Guard + Dynamicpunch is just <3 for an opener. Got Bullet Punch, Payback, and Stone Edge. I'm pretty sure this standard, but dunno.

Next is Abomasnow, balanced Spc. DEF and DEF and Leftovers. Meant to wall more then attack, but thinking I'll change this soon. Moveset is Protect, Blizzard, Wood Hammer, Earthquake.

STALLREIN is next. Basic build. Maxed HP and DEF. Leftovers, Ice Body, the works. Substitute, Protect, Roar, and Blizzard.

Rotom-F was my next choice. I noticed I tended to have trouble with Psychic and Ghosts, so I picked him out. Maxed HP and DEF with Leftovers. Rest, Sleep Talk, Shadow Ball, and Will-o-Wisp. This guy is pretty cool.

Tentacruel was my fifth choice. Maxed HP, Balanced DEF and Sp. DEF. It's got Blizzard, Surf, Rapid Spin, and Toxic Spikes. I needed a way to get out of Stealth Rock and stuff too, but I choose Tentacruel instead of Cloyster.

Last was my own Mamoswine. :'D

Maxed ATK and Sp. ATK. Life Orb and Snow Cloak ability. Earthquake, Stealth Rock, Ice Shard, and Stone Edge. He's gotten me out of a couple bad spots.

That's probably better than mine, but I wanted pure ice :P

I even went with people that could actually switch in on common weaknesses.

Frosslass was there for Fighting types obvs.

Fire was a big problem since a lot of common openers had fire moves, though Abomasnow could take care of some of them like Salamence easily. For those it couldn't get I had the Cloyster/Stallrein combo.

Abamasnow easily walled Rock attacks, otherwise I left it to Cloyster and Mamoswine since most commonly used Rock attacks are physical.

And Snow Cloak is always a must. I won once purely because all I had was a useless Stallrein and Mamoswine vs Starmie and Yanmega. I was screwed...until Starmie's Surf missed Mamoswine and it got OHKO'd by an EQ :'D

Guest Kanade Otonashi

That's probably better than mine, but I wanted pure ice :P

I even went with people that could actually switch in on common weaknesses.

Frosslass was there for Fighting types obvs.

Fire was a big problem since a lot of common openers had fire moves, though Abomasnow could take care of some of them like Salamence easily. For those it couldn't get I had the Cloyster/Stallrein combo.

Abamasnow easily walled Rock attacks, otherwise I left it to Cloyster and Mamoswine since most commonly used Rock attacks are physical.

And Snow Cloak is always a must. I won once purely because all I had was a useless Stallrein and Mamoswine vs Starmie and Yanmega. I was screwed...until Starmie's Surf missed Mamoswine and it got OHKO'd by an EQ :'D

I can't blame you. I was gonna do that, but... I couldn't think of many other useful dual-type Ice types that I liked. :'D

Frosslass actually seems like it would be an amazing idea.

My Abomasnow tends to get outsped, so I try to avoid leading with it if I can. That's why I have Tentacruel. He loves Fire Pokemon :'D

Rock attacks and types are actually really easy to handle with the setup, unless they have f***ing Sandstorm. ><

Snow Cloak is godly. I swear, it always kicks in at the best times.

I can't blame you. I was gonna do that, but... I couldn't think of many other useful dual-type Ice types that I liked. :'D

Articuno and Jinx were other ideas I had, but Jinx isn't all that good stat-wise, and Articuno + Stealth Rock = dead bird :S

Frosslass actually seems like it would be an amazing idea.

It was lol

My Abomasnow tends to get outsped, so I try to avoid leading with it if I can. That's why I have Tentacruel. He loves Fire Pokemon :'D

Which is why I pretty much fangasmed when I found out I had accidentally bred a Snover with Max Speed IVs and a Speed boosting nature :'D Mix with Choice Scarf and it's an excellent lead that can OHKO anything that's weak to one of it's moves. If they lead something like Infernape though I of course hi-tail him out of there.

Rock attacks and types are actually really easy to handle with the setup, unless they have f***ing Sandstorm. ><

This is what Frosslass was for, freaking Tyranitars cutting in on my battle plan D:<

Guest Kanade Otonashi

Articuno and Jinx were other ideas I had, but Jinx isn't all that good stat-wise, and Articuno + Stealth Rock = dead bird :S

Jinx would be hilarious to use. Just because.

Yeah, Articuno seems too easy to take down in general. D:

It was lol

*is totally considering taking that idea*

Which is why I pretty much fangasmed when I found out I had accidentally bred a Snover with Max Speed IVs and a Speed boosting nature :'D Mix with Choice Scarf and it's an excellent lead that can OHKO anything that's weak to one of it's moves. If they lead something like Infernape though I of course hi-tail him out of there.

Might take my Abomasnow and turn it into that actually, I'm just not a big fan of the Choice-Items in general.

This is what Frosslass was for, freaking Tyranitars cutting in on my battle plan D:<

Damn Tyranitars. D<

By the way, gaiz. I've been planning to make a general-purpose Pokemon club for a while now. Will that conflict with this one at all? (In observance of this club I'd try to keep discussion limited to the vanilla non-meta game)

Um

At one point there were like 2-3 YGO clubs

and 2 Naruto clubs or such

So I see no real reason why it would

Archived